Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I always have liked strategy games such as Age of Empires and Warcraft 3, but recently i discovered the role games and which I like of them is that you can combine the entertainment with the literary creation.
OOC: I like reading, chess and i am studying latin and ancient greek.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Colombia, so my primary language is spanish. Feel free to correct my english, I will really appreciate that.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend´s brother played WOW and when I discovered it, its ambience captivated my. I played it for some time with friends and i left it because the game turned a little bit monotonous. I played for a few time in a Spanish role server, but I had no time (finally it was closed). Now I am returning and the role seems to me like a great opportunity to practice my English and to have fun at the same time.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
No, I just looked for an English RP wow server and I found COtH.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
I like both passive and active role-play, without preferences.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like both draenei and night elf, but if i had to decide, i would choose night elves.
About the class i like both druid and rogue, but, again, if i had to choose one I would select druid.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want, to practice my English, to be part WoW´s incredible lore, and to have fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The role-related rules, because they guarantee a realistic and more interesting experience.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes, I'm interested.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(¿can I use it as the first part of my story?)
A night elf was born in the forest of pristine Kalimdor, surrounded by shadows. His name was Theralas Forestwing. He grew up admiring the nature and all its creatures, taking up his days in contemplating it. He didn't distrusted the Highborn until their magic addiction started to apartating them from their fellows, because he had been always prideful of his race, and had always wanted it to be united. When the War of the Ancients came to Azeroth, he was just a child, but he used to escape secretly from his home to see the druids fighting, using the natures power against the most horrible creatures int he world: the demons. In that moment he knew that he would fight, when he was prepared, for his race and for the nature, at any price.
((can my character be so old or that interferes with the story? I can change it)).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yes, I have a two questions.
1) How much time should i spend on each playing session and how much time should I spend to have an "important" character?
2) Just for curiosity, why is this server called Conquest of the Horde? (why is not called Conquest of the Alliance?)
-I will not be able to connect until the next Thursday, then i will check the answer.
Thank You.
Hello, vimosz, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

Quote:How much time should i spend on each playing session and how much time should I spend to have an "important" character?

The amount of time you want to dedicate to RP is up to you - whenever you have the time to RP would be fine. As for how long you should spend playing a character before the become 'important'? I'm not sure I can answer that one, because you'd have to define what you find 'important'. But I can say that if you want to play a character that knows a lot of other player characters, you just need to be active for a while, is all. Also, yes, that can be used as the beginning of your story. If you want to post the entire thing, you can always use the IC forum.

Quote:Just for curiosity, why is this server called Conquest of the Horde? (why is not called Conquest of the Alliance?)

Because our admins love Orcs. And because the Horde rules.

As for the English thing, I'm sure that's something you can receive help with with our mentor program, since you're signing up for it.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Thank you, I will create my story the next week.:D