Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: "My dearest Sixsmith, I shot myself through the roof of my mouth..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's an awesome title, right? I don't own it, of course, it's a quote from Cloud Atlas. Apropos, right? Considering my username, heh.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I only go by a handful of pseudonyms, Sixsmith being my recent title that I've grown attached to. The others two are either Haemonculus or Harlequin. I get a lot of, "Do you watch Full Metal Alchemist," or, "I love Batman!" comments that I don't mind at all, but to sort of answer 'em before they pop up: I don't watch FMA and Harley Quinn is my favorite character in DC, but I'm a Marvel fanboy; I actually got those two names from playing Warhammer 40k on the computer.

Aside from my namesake, I'm a very active individual who lives a very sedentary lifestyle because I'm a very antisocial individual who's also, by some odd miracle, gregarious in nature. I'm a very approachable antisocial because it's mainly me being a shy individual and liking my alone time at certain intervals. I make friends easily and I love being a fun guy who's quite known for cracking the odd joke now and again. I've gotten a lot of comments about me being the most harmless, gentle, and slightly malleable person. I honestly have no comments of myself, aside from my overwhelming lack of self-confidence, so if I ever do take pride in any of my work, then I'm going to be ecstatic about it. And most of the stuff I'm saying now is what I get from people telling me. I mean, if a lot of people are noticing these key features about my personality... are they wrong? I... don't know if I should approve or not.

I have a hard time telling who I am when I analyze myself and, when I do, it's usually from a negative point of view. I'm only a downer when it comes to opinions of myself, however. Other than that, I'd like to think I'm rather optimistic, but a cautious fellow 'cause not everything's going to turn out fantastic. If someone asks me what my opinion of myself is, I'm going to immediately turn to someone I know very well and ask them personally because I honestly don't know and am usually hesitant to answer said questions because first impressions tend to stick fast for quite sometime. I really didn't get to me as a player in aspect, did I?

In game, I do my best to follow any rules... well, I'm actually such a goody-goody individual that I can literally glance over a set of rules and not make a negative impact on an environment even if I tried (I read your rules though; I always read the rules). I'm being thoroughly honest. I literally yelled in my classroom during middle school when a teacher told everyone to "shut up" and accidentally got someone else in trouble for talking. I remember this situation solely because I felt so guilty for it; I made her cry 'cause it was her first detention. That was... I forgot how many years ago. That should give anyone an impression of how I am around others, hopefully. Maybe not the best light I shed on myself. I'm not quite certain. But, I can say that I'm very friendly and if I ever, ever cross a line (a huge, giant IF, right there) I will literally do anything to make sure I make up for it, whether it's by repercussions or some other fashion, like incessant gift giving.

I like people and people usually like me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in the Philippines, but moved to the United States when I was two, so English is my primary language and I like to think I'm good at it. I'm better at typing than I am speaking 'cause I tend to talk really quickly and really quietly, which jumbles all of my words up. Sometimes my hand goes a little faster than my brain, though, so I have a few odd typos that I get really embarrassed about, especially since I'm certain that I have ADD or ADHD—some form of that mental disability—so my mind tends to think of things that are totally unrelated to each other in quick succession before getting back on topic, which means I can sometimes insert words that have no right being within a reasonably coherent sentence structure.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I actually have been away from Warfcraft for quite some time now, but I remember buying Warcraft III when I was about twelve years old. I played that for years until I stumbled upon WoW private servers. I couldn't afford the actual WoW experience and when I did it was so slow and tedious that I literally canceled my subscription the same exact day. It was terrible for me; I hate, haaate grinding and fetch quests.

But, to get back to my introduction to WoW private servers: I jumped around a lot until I found a reasonable niche that I liked to call home. It was an RPPvP private server called AniNetwork, I think, and I literally spent years on there crafting a story for one person in particular. Her name was Aariora and I had made so many amazing friends and a group of roleplayers that I looked forward to playing with every single day. We went from small beginnings to an extraordinary end, when the server finally came down. I believe we only lost a few people here and there, one of 'em was actually a good friend who we kind of waited years for and it was actually a part of our story. She never did come back... but I remember one who left and did come back within a year and that was an amazing event, in and of itself. There were a lot of things we did that I'm proud of having been apart of and having experienced it all first hand.

So, that's how I got into Warcraft. It's been a long, long time since I last was able to roleplay with another group of individuals (on an MMO) and this is why I decided to join in again. Well, mainly because I got Hearthstone and just that alone sort of got my mind racing and heart aching a bit—me just longing to rekindle something I lost a long time ago.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I'm not sure how else I woulda found you guys. I simply Googled (which isn't a word registered on Google Chrome for some stupid reason, but is in the dictionary now, I don't know) "RP Private Servers WoW" and this was on the first page. I think, actually, that I found you guys a lot earlier... like years ago, when AniNetwork went down, but I was never confident enough to sign up. I wasn't as experienced then at writing, in general, than I am now. Even now, I'm very iffy about how I perceive my own writing, but I think I'm right at the range to be considered for joining this server. I'd hope, of course... I'd hope.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I don't think there are many roleplays that I don't enjoy, but the ones at the top of my list are definitely action/adventure and romance. If you asked me what my favorite movie was right now, I'd say Catching Fire, but if you asked me a year ago, I'd say Hunger Games. I'm getting no where with this. What I'm trying to say is: my favorite movie a few years ago was 27 Dresses and after that it was a bunch of Nicholas Sparks movies. I'm a guy, and probably the unmanliest guy anyone will ever meet. That's probably not true... I have some manly traits.

That was way too off-topic, I apologize.

There's not a lot of roleplays that I won't do, but I enjoy ones that are darker set, a little more macabre than the average fantasy and gearing toward a rustic medieval or science fiction. But, I love myself some happy endings, it's just a matter of getting there. I like for my characters to work for it and to deserve the time to settle down and die happily, or go out guns blazing, trying their best to save whoever they can. Depending on my character, or where my character is at in his or her story, I can range from epic story to average life, quiet and peaceful. I love wartime and Indiana Jones adventures as much as the next guy, but I also love playing out the rest period where life is just serene for either a few days or a few years. I like fast pace sometimes and slow pace others; it just depends on where I want to take my character's story.

I usually start out with tavern roleplays that can sometimes plague MMOs, but they're a necessary evil because it's how I get the feel of a community and how I get socializing and meeting people, arranging things and forming a group. Maybe find a guild that interest me deeply and want to join, in particular. I love roleplaying with all kinds of people, making friends through characters, and maybe even enemies (in a very planned and polite way through the OOC; I hate making enemies with actual people, so I tend to avoid such conflict whenever possible).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Shaman/Draenei because it was my first character that I truly loved and explored for years, Aariora. Of course, that's the only reason I love that class and I like Sci-Fi a lot, so the Draenei were a big concept that hit home for me. To be honest, I like any magic based class or anything regarding rogues because I'm not an upfront, tank all the damage and hope I survive kind of guy. I don't like playing a foot soldier in any environment, whether it's roleplaying it or actually just playing a video game. For me, it's more compelling and gives me more room to grow if magic is involved, so I tend to base characters around Druids, Shamans, Mages, Priests, or Warlocks and I also like being sneaky, so Rogues are a plus in my book. As for races, it really depends on what I'm feeling, though Draenei is definitely my favorite race ever. I tend not to make Orcs or Tauren, though, and usually avoid humans 'cause they're too generic for me, as well as Dwarves just because I'm not a fan. I like anything else, though, from Trolls to Goblins or Gnomes and Night Elves. Oh, and I like playing Forsaken. I think that covers all of the races...

Um, but why I love the Draenei so much? I just enjoy their story and like the idea of them being otherworldly beings. They're so technologically advanced, yet they're stuck in a time akin to the past... kind of. I mean, that's what I think when I think of Draenei and their world, though it's kinda crumbly and broken, it is magnificent and beautiful at the same time, just like the race itself. I don't know, they all just seem like beautiful, tragic creatures who I think have earned their keep in Azeroth.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm expecting to spend a long, long time here and I expect to find a lot of people I can make friends with and possibly roleplay with for years to come. Those are big expectations, but it's really all I'm asking for. Well, I mean, I expect a very, very friendly roleplaying environment, but I'm guessing that comes with the server? I don't know. I'm holding high hopes for this server and I'm more than positive that it can deliver and then some.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like the Tolerance rule. I support the freedom of opinion, but I also dislike it when people overstep boundaries and make arguments when one has no reason to be made. I like civil talks over a lot of topics, but I stay away from conflicts as much as possible and will not take a conversation further if it means relationships are at risk. I like that the server takes tolerance very seriously and makes sure everyone is accounted for when it comes to race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. and won't take slander and prejudice lightly.

I also appreciate that they like to keep talks of politics and religions, in particular, to a minimum because I've been in situations where all I see in public chat is something about Christianity or Islam or Conservatives or Liberals or Obama—the works. It's interesting reading it, but I can tell that it brings about a lot of tension and animosity and that's an aspect that I don't like, ever. I appreciate civil discussions, like I said, but those two subjects are definitely risky to let lose on any populace, virtual or not.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I've been roleplaying for awhile, but it's been awhile since I've done so on a MMO, so I'm going to take a leap and just say yes because I think it'll help ease me into a new server better than me going in alone and not knowing what to do.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Old, haggard, withered, with hair as white as the melting snow that crunched beneath worn hooves, clopping loudly as soon as they met the stone path. One horn missing, the other curling to protrude through equally twisted hair; her walk was heavy, hunched and full of burden. Almost as old as the spires of Dalaran, though that was such an improbability that the thought provoked a dusty laugh from a throat torn from yelling. Whether it was that of a mother desperate, a wife scorned, or a warrior bitten by battle was to remain a mystery; her eyes shielded as much of her past as they told of her story. And they told of an epic akin to an author of old, watching behind blinded eyes what lay before them like the blizzards that swept the land below.

Nothing short of a lengthy robe, a gown torn at the seams with plates of heavy armor overlaying the chest and shoulders, hanging loosely over the abdomen in a sheath of metal. The helmet was long gone, like the horn, lost in a battle not quite forgotten, but still hard to remember. What weapon she had was lost to her now, where it was, she wouldn't say. Her chapped lips, bitten raw in a nervous habit, were as sealed as her fate, destined to roam alone in a mystery shrouding her name. A name she would never forget, a name she would never share to the random traveler; it was special to her solely because it was special to them. People who would loathe to let her moments go unsung, and would likely take said name to their graves.

Their graves.

The Draenei slouched into the only familiar part of Dalaran, the Legerdemain Lounge, taking a seat at the bar as she always would. It wasn't as busy as she remembered, with a man behind the counter who looked nothing like what came to her mind. She didn't ask any questions, just laid flat a gold piece on the table, quickly replaced with a cup filled to the brim with mead. Regret filled her heart, as she took a long draw of the beverage; she shouldn't have come. It was a mistake she would no longer make if it meant her life. But, before she could erase any memory of her ever being there, a man took the chair next to her, tall and imposing, but with a bright, roguish smile upon his features. He had set two pieces down, grey eyes piercing hers. A human. A thief and a rogue. Her hands found their way to the pouch slung down to her hips, protecting not her money, but the possessions, mementos she would rather die for than give up.

"Don't worry ma'am," he mumbled, a harsh whisper that hinted at a farmer's accent, "if I wanted anything, it'd only be your money." The Darenei relaxed back into her chair, tilting her head slightly and narrowing her eyes to size this man up.

"Errol, Errol Reinhardt," he offered her a hand, "And you are?" She looked at him long, hard, before taking his hand. Not a word broke her sealed lips.

"Well, my pleasure," Errol let out a sigh, rolling his eyes as he turned to the cup of mead slid his way, "Where you from?"

She turned to look at him again, but failed to respond.

"You're a talkative lass, huh?" he paused, looking her over, "How... old are you?"

"Old enough to see your lifetime pass me tenfold," she hissed.

"I-I'm sorry, different question, then: how long have you been here?"

She paused, shaking her head to apologize for the crass way she handled his question. Her head hung low and a deep sigh escaped her throat.

"Long enough."

The Draenei lifted her hand, waving it slightly over the counter top. Lives passed her eyes a thousand times, lives she wished were her own—memories laced with regret and love. The rogue watched, fascinated by her movements, unable to see the moments as she relived each simultaneously. He hadn't said a word and she hadn't made a move to acknowledge him any further. But, after a few minutes of silence, she looked up at the bartender on the other side, then back at the young man.

"Would you like to hear a story?"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No further questions or anything, really. Was fun writing this, though.
Phew --- woah! Talk about an introduction. You've done a pretty rootin', tootin' job. Okay.... There's some stuff I've gotta get out of the way, so if you'll abide me...

Here'sCotH's rules!
ACotH's policies!
BigA link to the version of WoW we use at CotH!
Bunch You've gotta go here to register your in-game account!
OfA bunch of handy guides on all kinds of stuff!
Links A huge resource for making characters!

Additionally, in-game you can /join chat and /join barrens to get into our universal chat channels!

Quote:I actually got those two names from playing Warhammer 40k on the computer.

Pffbbtt - you should play the tabletop! Admittedly, I started off playing Dawn of War and my army collects dust today, but it's a barrel of fun; if you're willing to flirt with destitution, the prices aren't too evil, either (they are)

Quote:Aside from my namesake, I'm a very active individual who lives a very sedentary lifestyle because I'm a very antisocial individual who's also, by some odd miracle, gregarious in nature. I'm a very approachable antisocial because it's mainly me being a shy individual and liking my alone time at certain intervals. I make friends easily and I love being a fun guy who's quite known for cracking the odd joke now and again.

This doesn't sound too antisocial, I'm the same way to a large degree! Many sociable people respect time alone as much as they do time doing stuff - I find antisocial stuff to be defined as more damaging (mostly to one's self) than being shy, otherwise I'd be in a spot of trouble.

Quote:I honestly have no comments of myself, aside from my overwhelming lack of self-confidence, so if I ever do take pride in any of my work, then I'm going to be ecstatic about it. And most of the stuff I'm saying now is what I get from people telling me.

I can also identify with this. I'm hardly material for helping with low self-esteem, but I'd say that we encourage people to come out of their shells and help out, since our community's small enough to recognise peoples' good-doings and reward 'em!

You should strike a middle ground between kindness and assertiveness, however!

Quote:Even now, I'm very iffy about how I perceive my own writing, but I think I'm right at the range to be considered for joining this server. I'd hope, of course... I'd hope.

Trust me, bucko - as far as introductions get, this one receives a big accolade from me for quality of writing, structure and using a lot of . If you RP ingame and act on the forums like you've written your introduction, you're going to do absolutely fine - take that as a promise from me!

Personally, I've got a far less worthy background - back in 2008, I was RPing on Moon Guard (as you seemed to have avoided retail, which I can't blame you for, I'll just say this - it was one part actual RP, nine parts hanky-panky when I was there), then I heard CotH brought up in general chat in Elwynn Forest (Goldshire; what else, right?) and I went for it. Looking back at my introduction, it could easily have been denied - you've definitely not got any kind of worries about that.

Quote: I'd say Catching Fire, but if you asked me a year ago, I'd say Hunger Games.

Battle Royale will never be usurped by its imitators!

Quote:I usually start out with tavern roleplays that can sometimes plague MMOs, but they're a necessary evil because it's how I get the feel of a community and how I get socializing and meeting people, arranging things and forming a group.

This is a good notion to have, and it's one that should probably be held by most people who demonise the 'fundamental' RPs that seem to never go away, no matter how many people lambaste 'em.

Quote:...I tend not to make Orcs or Tauren...

;~;

Quote:...though Draenei is definitely my favorite race ever...

*sharpens axe*

Also, you didn't include Worgen! That's okay though, we all know Gilneans are worthless cowards who doth not deserve even the minutiae of an addressing. Hwa-ha-ha! Ten points awarded!

Your story's good, though Draenei aren't my strong point so I feel I can't appreciate it as much as I would otherwise. The technical side of things - structure, grammar and whatnot - is very good, and I like the idea of older characters among any race. With the Draenei, that's compounded because they're so freakin' old to begin with. As a matter of curiosity, do you intend to play the character you wrote in your story? We don't have a great deal of Draenei, much less elderly ones (we have about three who reach into the tens-of-thousands on the server at the moment), and I think it'd be a neat addition!

Finally, a segue into a question because I've got no better way to end this post, and I'm interested - how do you feel about the recently announced Warlords of Draenor expansion (particularly all the stuff it's adding to Draenei)? I'm pretty hyped for the character models alone, but new Orc stuff (especially from the First War era) is welcome for me, too.
☆                                          ☆                            ★                            ☆
☆                            ☆                                          ☆
☆ Welcome to CotH! ☆
☆                                          ★                                          ☆
☆                            ★              ☆                                                        ★              ☆
Did somebody call for a Draenei guru?

Because I happen to be a draenei guru!
(12-15-2013, 08:15 PM)Maulbane Wrote: [ -> ]Phew --- woah! Talk about an introduction. You've done a pretty rootin', tootin' job.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I can't express how flattered I am. Very much, thanks. Ah. I was nervous at first, but I filled that up with irritation over downloading the right WoWclient.

@_@ It's downloading, so I've got that outta the way. But, thank you, thank you so mcuh.

Quote:Pffbbtt - you should play the tabletop! Admittedly, I started off playing Dawn of War and my army collects dust today, but it's a barrel of fun; if you're willing to flirt with destitution, the prices aren't too evil, either (they are)

I've been getting into tabletop boardgames lately (Betrayal, Pandemic, the works) and the notion of playing a tabletop wargame are starting to sound very pleasing. I must first acquire a job so that I can build myself up to become destitute enough to play Warhammer!

Quote:This doesn't sound too antisocial, I'm the same way to a large degree! Many sociable people respect time alone as much as they do time doing stuff - I find antisocial stuff to be defined as more damaging (mostly to one's self) than being shy, otherwise I'd be in a spot of trouble.

That's very refreshing to hear. I've been known to be extremely quiet and have the tendency to wait for people to talk to me before I admittedly become quite the talking machine. I also hope said tendencies aren't self-destructive/self-sabotaging. I've not been known for ruining friendships, that's for sure, so that's a good sign!

Quote:I can also identify with this. I'm hardly material for helping with low self-esteem, but I'd say that we encourage people to come out of their shells and help out, since our community's small enough to recognise peoples' good-doings and reward 'em!

You should strike a middle ground between kindness and assertiveness, however!

I've been attempting to hit that middle ground, but I keep thinking I'm just being rude. Sometimes, I just need to not think about it and go for it when the situation calls for it, of course. I'd definitely want to get to the point where I'm among the more social of the group so that I can definitely help out with organizing certain things with people, etc. and just generally be a positive part of the community. :3 I like helping.

Quote:Trust me, bucko - as far as introductions get, this one receives a big accolade from me for quality of writing, structure and using a lot of . If you RP ingame and act on the forums like you've written your introduction, you're going to do absolutely fine - take that as a promise from me!

Again, thank you, so much. There are times where I get too critical of myself and it's good to have people remind me that I can put good work out there and improve myself. I love writing and love helping people write, but it gets hard to do the latter when you think poorly of your own skills. I'm looking very, very forward to staying here for a long while.

Quote:Personally, I've got a far less worthy background - back in 2008, I was RPing on Moon Guard (as you seemed to have avoided retail, which I can't blame you for, I'll just say this - it was one part actual RP, nine parts hanky-panky when I was there), then I heard CotH brought up in general chat in Elwynn Forest (Goldshire; what else, right?) and I went for it. Looking back at my introduction, it could easily have been denied - you've definitely not got any kind of worries about that.

Being young, I was lucky to not get consumed by said hanky-panky RP and I was very much lucky to have found a great server for myself, at the time. I actually hadn't heard much about other servers on the one I was on, minus a few people who had biting remarks for certain servers. I can't quite remember what servers, but I'm sure they were simply biased opinions.

But, I have high hopes for this community because I feel it's very open to who they accept and that these particular introductions are to weed out the obvious trolls and spammers instead of segregating people by skill.

Quote:Battle Royale will never be usurped by its imitators!

D: I've never heard of Battle Royale. Don't kill me please.

Quote:
Quote:...I tend not to make Orcs or Tauren...

;~;

I'm not a brute force kind of guy. I'm sorry!

Quote:Also, you didn't include Worgen!

Worgen?

What's dat? Oh! Ha... ha. I forgot they were a race.

Quote:Your story's good, though Draenei aren't my strong point so I feel I can't appreciate it as much as I would otherwise. The technical side of things - structure, grammar and whatnot - is very good, and I like the idea of older characters among any race. With the Draenei, that's compounded because they're so freakin' old to begin with. As a matter of curiosity, do you intend to play the character you wrote in your story? We don't have a great deal of Draenei, much less elderly ones (we have about three who reach into the tens-of-thousands on the server at the moment), and I think it'd be a neat addition!

I actually do intend to play her. Sort of as an homage to my character from the other RP server, but not quite her. I love Aariora dearly, but she was among the younger Draenei, so being venerable and a Draenei kind of means millenia has had to pass in order for her to be viable in a WoW setting. I couldn't bring her in, but I can bring a version of her in, certainly, so I definitely plan on making her one of my characters. It'll require a lot of tweaks and me remember a lot of stuff, but not as much as I would have if I copy and pasta'd her. I'm disappointed I didn't record any of the RPs I've done with her.

Quote:Finally, a segue into a question because I've got no better way to end this post, and I'm interested - how do you feel about the recently announced Warlords of Draenor expansion (particularly all the stuff it's adding to Draenei)? I'm pretty hyped for the character models alone, but new Orc stuff (especially from the First War era) is welcome for me, too.

I am extremely excited for the new expansion. I was hoping it would be a Maelstrom one, but I can't deny that I'm going to love the new expansion as much as I did the ones I got to play. I'm actually very, very happy that they're updating the looks to the races, especially the Orcs. I might just have to roll an Orc when this comes out on CotH *wink wink* But, I'm also very excited about the whole new world thing for Draenor and I think it could be very interesting to roleplay out. But I wanna see all the new equipment and skills for 'em too, even if I'm mostly excited about new character models, heh.
hi welcome to coth can we be friends
Welcome to CotH. Please refrain from feeding the Overlords.