Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Yo here's the intro. (WITH THE MENTOR QUESTION)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Gaming is one of my main hobbies. When I get into a videogame, I tend to very dedicated in it. When it comes to MMORPG's, I am a friendly player.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Canada. My primary language is English.
How did you get into Warcraft?:
Funny story. At first, me and my brother played the wow trial and then one day, we saw the south park episode: “Make Love; Not Warcraft”. That game seriously enticed us into downloading it and playing on private servers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found you guys when I was looking for a roleplaying private server. Eventually, My friend had told me that he plays it and he wants me to join it. The main aspect that drew me to this server is that you have to apply to join it. I think this is great because it will really combat the trolls and anti roleplayers from ruining the roleplay experience.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy mostly combat based roleplay. Though I am always open to do tavern based or other roleplaying styles.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would be human. The main reason why humans are my favourite race is because they have the most flexibility in terms of creating characters. Other races are somewhat “locked” to be able to do only certain things, unless if you can give a really logical and sound reason why that would make sense. My favourite class would be rogue because I really grew up pvping as a rogue. As I got older, I started roleplaying as one and realized that their dark and shady persona is really my comfort zone for roleplaying, compared to other races and classes.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expections are what any roleplayer wants: quality roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The rules that appeal to me the most would be tolerance. I am open minded in this day and age to believe that all people should do what they want, regardless of their gender, race, or sexual preferences. I don't think your lifestyle should affect the quality roleplaying experience.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): Not at the moment. I would first need to get a feel for how the server is, and if I think I need help on some things.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: As the young thief finished pickpocketing the last citizen of Stormwind, he decides to go south to the nearest village. As soon as he had entered the small village, he saw a tavern and sought to go in. The young thief sees a one-eyed man gesturing him upstairs, indicating that he needed his presence. The young thief heads upstairs, and enters the last room to the right. His hands were shaking, as this was his first time working for powerful people. The one-eyed man asks him to pour all the coins on the table, to see the quality of this young aspiring thief's work. The young thief pours the entire pouch and a plethora of coins drop on the table. His boss was impressed, and so he gave the young thief his share of the profit. Filled with joy, the young thief spends it on a flagon of mead, and a room for the night.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Like I said in the first question, I am a friendly player. I like to help people when I have the chance and I am always open for conversation. Edit: I am so sorry for forgetting to post the introduction with the mentor question in it. I keep forgetting but I have it this time :)
Hello, Asher117, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

I agree about humans - their flexibility is what makes them an enjoyable race to test out character ideas with. And you'll be pleased to know that there's plenty of human RP going on in the server. It's one of our most frequently played races.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo