Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Averrana's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a simple roleplayer, just like you! But how simple is "simple," anyway? I can tell you that we all perceive simplicity in different ways. And guess what? I like every definition of that word. Hell, I even enjoy complexity. I love learning just as much as growing. And you will help me with that. We are all unique in the way we think, act, and believe. Not only do I respect that, I also want to know all about it.

Never be shy to ask, teach, or communicate anything to me. I am as much a softie as I am a toughie. I can take all criticism as well as compliments. In fact, I encourage both. (The former because it helps me grow, and the latter because it makes me feel warm and happy inside :P)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Canada, and my first language is English.
How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I had a friend who always played Warcraft III whenever I went over to his house. I would find it very interesting how, in custom games, he would have to construct a base against the computer. Remember, I was young at that point, and such things were simply put: the coolest.

So, I got the game.

The rest is history. I loved it, played it, didn't stop, got every game, had to do A LOT of school work, stopped, and here I am again!

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend (different one). He will be revealed soon. We wanted to find a WoW server to RP in (we are big roleplayers.)

And I love love love love roleplaying.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

What kinds? All kinds! I can easily introduce themes, improvise, narrate adventures, go with the flow, or simply roleplay what my partners want to.

I just wanna roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is, and will always be, the Undead. Ever since I was very young, I wanted to be a vampire, zombie, Dreadlord, Lich, etc. Why? That is a hard question to answer. Allow me to look deep into myself for a moment. Ah! I loved the anti-human quality of them. Me, the young roleplayer wanted to be everything but what I was; the small Averrana was human with no magic. That's right. My favorite classes are those of a more magical nature.

However, because me and my friend wanna RP where da action is at, we will be Night Elves!
What are your expectations of this server?:
Roleplaying with a mix of thousands of OOC and IC personalities.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. It makes people happy. I like being happy.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes Sir/Ma'am! I played WoW since the "classic" days, but this is your server. I want to know how it works here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Drip. Drip. Drip. The sound of clear water dripping from the forest’s leaves filled the air with the scent of nature. With its wholesome scent, the rain had given new meaning to the already natural home of She. It nourished in inner most senses; there was a certain feeling inside her druidic body that could only be felt when the forest’s life was sustained. To the Night Elf, this euphoria was an amalgamation of the continuity and survival of nature. To be more specific, She enjoyed the natural order of the forest – and only that of the forest alone.

She was aware of the many different institutes, alliances, and societies that plagued this land. All had a natural order. Power, money, prestige, pride, and egoism infected Azeroth in the most heinous of ways. Some would even argue that industrial values were not natural at all. But the Druid knew better. She was aware of the indirect and direct methods that society utilized nature. This utilization of nature was twofold.

They exploited the physical aspect of nature to improve their institutions. It was the most disgusting of crimes that the Druid had witnessed; they were crimes that, she, herself, had punished. Yet such punishment was not without its moral consequences. The Druid was forced to hurt a few to save many.

She became a utilitarian where she was once a relativist. She had to forsake herself to protect a world that belonged to so many.

After such things passed, there was the indirect and more figurative way that nature was utilized. Survival and power were deeply ingrained into everything that modern society had become. It was-

And then there was blood. The rest of the paper that was the last page of the druid’s journal was covered in the dried life of the author.

The sounds of nature, whether they be animal, insect, elven, or plantlike, filled Averrana's ears.

“You were one of them, Mother,” the druid’s daughter said cryptically.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
-Super Active Guilds! What guilds will would suit experienced Night Elf RPers and writers? He is planning on being a hunter, and I will either be a Druid or a Priestess.
Hello, Averrana, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

It's good to see a newcomer to the server who seems very enthusiastic about RP. And when it comes to being a 'simple roleplayer', I think just about anyone in any position in life can be viewed as simple, but in truth, the person is complex - and our characters are the same way.

Quote:-Super Active Guilds! What guilds will would suit experienced Night Elf RPers and writers? He is planning on being a hunter, and I will either be a Druid or a Priestess.

Active Night Elf guild?

One of our players, @Rokhjin , is running a guild by the name of Dorini Thera. I'm sure there's plenty to unfold there, if you're interested.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Indeed, I am running a guild by the name of Dorini Thera. I'd say we'll more than welcome any new Night Elf additions to the guild. In any case, allow me, much like Geoni, to welcome you to CoTH! I'm sure we'll run into eachother for some RP sooner rather than later.
Thank you!

Both of you :)

That Cata link is VERY useful right now, Geo. And, of course, thank you for the welcome :)

Rokhjin, thank you for your welcome as well!