Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Solheim's New Years Carnival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wcl168.png]
Another rumor has begun to trickle out of the Bay. A group on one of the docked boats is buying up what was left of the New Year celebration supplies. Something about a celebration, when pressed for information. Something about a celebration and Fel magic and light calisthenics.

Stories like that tend to spread. And, as the New Years celebration begin to die down, the news of a celebration down in Booty Bay is catching in willing ears. A celebration with fighting, drinking…And a bit of high-minded philosophy.

What

The Society is dedicated to uplifting the Fel-user and seeing them recognized by the world.

And to that end, they are holding a carnival.

To celebrate the New Year as well as demonstrate their openness to the outside world, The Solheim Society is hosting a celebration for all of Azeroth to enjoy.

The celebration will include arena fights, a few interesting demonstrations, a few social games and a chance to interact with the group’s membership. The entire carnival will be capped with a speech as well as a private meeting to help foster diplomacy between Warlocks and others.

Who

All races, factions, affiliations, alignments and classes are welcome to attend. The role-play is open and intended for everyone and anyone to casually walk in and enjoy without any prior commitments or meetings.

When & Where

The event will be held in Booty Bay. The majority of the action will be held on the Society Ship, which is located ICly and OOCly on the docks near the Ratchet Transport Ship.

The event will be held on Sunday, January 5, 2014.

The carnival will be composed of multiple smaller events spaced out throughout the entire day.
  • 1 pm ST Society Arena Fight
    A chance to fight your fellow man (And perhaps a few monsters). A credit-style arena fight where anyone can swing in at any time. Winners will be given gifts.
  • 3 pm ST Bar Roulette
    An ‘easy’ hour with a guest bartender. But be wary; the drinks served do have some odd side-effects, and it is a roll of the dice on what ends up happening to you.
  • 5 pm ST Dodgeball
    A classic game with a twist. A combat variety of the classic game, which adds violence to throwing balls about. Winning team will receive a prize.
  • 7 pm ST Closing Speech
    A finality to the evening, the event will close with a small speech. Play will continue onward after the demonstration, but it marks the last structured event to the Society festival.

We’ll be posting more information about the event here over the course of the week. If you have any questions, you can contact me or post below.

Enjoy the holidays, children.
Just a reminder about the upcoming public event.

If you or your organization would like to take part or oversee one of the events, let me know. We have spaces for more petioles involvement.
Members of the Argent Crusade are allowed to attend, correct?
Rosencrat Wrote:All races, factions, affiliations, alignments and classes are welcome to attend.
(01-04-2014, 01:48 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: [ -> ]Members of the Argent Crusade are allowed to attend, correct?

There has been some speculation about this. Currently, thanks to the open mindedness of Krilari, the Argents are not only welcome but actually specifically invited.
inb4 this is a plot to murder the Argents…

I mean, what?
Can I poke someone for how long until this? Silly past people.
I think about twelve and a half hours from now.
It's server time which is in the top right corner on the forums if you want to check without going into game.
This sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I got work from 1-6 Server Time. You guys better have extra fun to make up for my absence!
The event is today. Be there or be square.
You should totally post the speech you didn't get to do here.