Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Riyant's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player, I played WoW since the beginning. As a kid, I was a raider and it still applies to me now. I used to be a raid leader for WotLK and I know the ins and out of the game.. as far as Wrath goes. I've toyed around with Cataclysm and learned to be the best that I can. I'm a person that goes into things with excitement and enthusiasm. I want to be the best that I can help the others around me.

Out of game, I tend to keep busy with schoolwork and acting. If there's anything else you'd like to know, please ask - my life is an open book.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA - English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started with World of Warcraft because I saw a trailer for it on a gaming channel. Regardless, I picked it up and started to play it since it's release. Afterwards, I picked up Warcraft III to learn more about the lore.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I heard about it from some roleplayers on Molten-WoW. The level of role-playing here is intimidating at first, but it's exciting to be able to participate and improve my writing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Anything, but sci-fi really. I've roleplayed in WoW and a variety of other tabletop games. I'm a rather new DM and an avid player with experience in systems such as Pathfinder, D&D3.5, and Shadowrun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Favorite Race - This is honestly a tough one. I like a lot of the races. As much as I'd like to just say "This is my favorite", I honestly can't. I enjoy each race due to their culture and what they can bring to the table.

Favorite Class - In terms of Lore? Priest. They're all the same in terms of their capabilities, but the question is: How do they access it? Is it through The Light? Voodoo Rituals? Shadow? The Sun? Elune? There's tons of different ways they all have the power to heal and it's through their connection to these. On top of this, your average priest has the dual nature of the Light and the Shadow. They heal with the Light and hurt with the Shadow, yet they can also hurt with the Light. Priests have a lot of roleplaying flexibility, but man they're a pain to level.

Bonus: Favorite Race/Class - Draenei Death Knight. It's a pain to roleplay, but reminds me of the good ol' days.

What are your expectations of this server?:

High-quality roleplaying with a welcoming attitude from the players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Humility - I feel that the rule of "Being Respected" is a given and universal one(Though important!), but the Humility rule is a rule that I haven't actually seen put into place and I enjoy it. A lot of people imagine themselves as the "Main Character" and it leads to a lot of people meeting up, standing around and there's conflict of what story to follow.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Sure! I'm unfamiliar face in the new town - grant me a mentor to show me around.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A dwarf flew overhead of the table before smashing into the stone of the inn walls. The rough grey, hewn stone was painted a dark bloody red from his mouth. Clip Shiink. Clop Shiink. Clip Shiink. Clop Shiink. The sound of hooves that were attached to an angry Draenei wearing plate armor. There was a laugh that echoed through his armor before it was turned to a gasp of surprise. Two other patrons grabbed his legs as they took the draenei down. The tower of metal and blue flesh collided with the floor. There was a loud groan as it looked over at a figure - a tiny gnome. A tiny gnome sat underneath of the table as clutched gold pieces and playing cards.

The armored draenei snarled. "You cheat! How dare you swindle me!" The draenei struggled to get up with the weight of his armor and the two dwarves that were pounding his helmet.

"Shut up, would you?!" The dwarf grabbed a piece of linen as he clutched to his bloodied nose. "You had to go and break my nose over a card game! That was assault! Everyone! You saw that right?" The bar hushed and murmured to themselves, looking at the greedy swindler that was trying to proclaim his innocence. The gnome under the table did not help the case for the swindler as it stumbled out, falling over the Draenei and its coin purse. Grabbing a few more gold coins, it ran out of the inn.

"Watch where you're going!" An Ironforge guard walked into the tavern as he looked around. "Can I at least get a drink, Milly!" He yelled to the innkeeper from the entrance as he looked around. "So..." He looked around at the crowd, expectedly. "Go on, explain what happened here."

"I've been swindled!"
"I've been assaulted!"

The two parties growled as they started to yell. "Quiet down!" The Ironforge Guard grumbled as he clutched his head. "Milly! Make that two. I'm going to need it to handle these two.."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

At the moment, I'm not sure as to what I'd like to roleplay. I'm considering looking into a mercenary guild or something along those lines, since they tend to allow a large diversity of races(Horde or Alliance). Any recommendations?
Hello, Riyant, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

I enjoy sci-fi stuff as well! Although it's difficult to explore within this particular setting.

A Draenei Death Knight is an interesting combination of lore, albeit difficult to pull off. I've rolled one myself and found it to be a unique experience.

Quote:At the moment, I'm not sure as to what I'd like to roleplay. I'm considering looking into a mercenary guild or something along those lines, since they tend to allow a large diversity of races(Horde or Alliance). Any recommendations?

I can give two recommendations here.

My first recommendation is @Harmonic 's Grey Militia. It's a guild that caters to the mercenary types, and I'm sure you'd be able to find some RP with other mercenary characters if you're rolling one. I'd check the guild's subforum if you want to see some of the things they've done in the past.

Another option could be The Argent Crusade. It's a neutral guild, although not explicitly one for mercenaries. But I'm sure some could be hired on for certain missions, and Hearthglen is welcoming for neutral RP in general. It's also quite active, and has a subforum if you want more information on it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
As for the Argent Crusade, here's the guild's leader. @Krilari
(01-02-2014, 08:16 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ]I enjoy sci-fi stuff as well! Although it's difficult to explore within this particular setting.

A Draenei Death Knight is an interesting combination of lore, albeit difficult to pull off. I've rolled one myself and found it to be a unique experience.

Actually, I'm not a huge sci-fi fan. I enjoy anything BUT it. And cool! I'm glad to hear that other people have rolled it. I've thought of a variety of different ways to include it.

Quote:At the moment, I'm not sure as to what I'd like to roleplay. I'm considering looking into a mercenary guild or something along those lines, since they tend to allow a large diversity of races(Horde or Alliance). Any recommendations?

(01-02-2014, 08:16 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ]I can give two recommendations here.

My first recommendation is @Harmonic 's Grey Militia. It's a guild that caters to the mercenary types, and I'm sure you'd be able to find some RP with other mercenary characters if you're rolling one. I'd check the guild's subforum if you want to see some of the things they've done in the past.

Another option could be The Argent Crusade. It's a neutral guild, although not explicitly one for mercenaries. But I'm sure some could be hired on for certain missions, and Hearthglen is welcoming for neutral RP in general. It's also quite active, and has a subforum if you want more information on it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

Great! I might look into the Grey's Militia. I'd be interested to see the interaction between mercenaries and the like. I'll be sure to take a look at both of them. Thank you!

As far as the Mentor systems go, how will I know who I get and what not?

(01-02-2014, 08:19 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: [ -> ]As for the Argent Crusade, here's the guild's leader. @Krilari

Thank you for the link!
Glad to help. The link should alert him to the thread, so he'll know of your interest.
Ah. I think I misread the sentence. That being said, sci-fi still rules! :P

As for the mentor program, I have you signed up, so in the near future you'll receive a private message about who your mentor will be, and so on.
(01-02-2014, 09:06 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. I think I misread the sentence. That being said, sci-fi still rules! :P

As for the mentor program, I have you signed up, so in the near future you'll receive a private message about who your mentor will be, and so on.

It's fine. =P

Anyway, thank you! I was curious about how that would work.