Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: RedDusk's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I usually don't like online games that much, but wow didn't seem so bad so I decided to give it a try. Basically, I'm relatively new to both wow and wow rp, but since I prefer rping to the dungeon crawling and stuffs, some good folks from Molten pointed me here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Vietnam. That's a nice little country north of China. So obviously, my primary language isn't English. But I'm trying >:]

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A friend of mine conviced me to try. Not a bad decision, so far.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was out looking for a private rp server. Then I found this. Guess that's it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Mostly whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. I'm pretty flexible.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Blood elf. Cause they are cool and stuff. >< God this must sound stupid. And I also like Worgen. Cause they are basically werewolves, and how can you not like werewolves?

My favorite class right now is hunter. Mostly because I like running around and going 'pew pew pew' at people with my bow.
What are your expectations of this server?:

I was hoping this is an active and friendly community. That's pretty much it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Keybroad skills. My English isn't that good, and I really don't want to waste time googling what others are saying.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes, of course. I would love to have someone showing me how things work around here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Mistborn. Kinslayer. The usurper. That were what they called him these days. Creative as they might be, he still prefered the sound his own name. If only he could remember it.

Time passed, and his memory got hazy. He had expected it, even welcomed the blessing oblivion. It took the edge of his pain, his rage and his guilt, but just as the nightmares were washed away, so was the dreams. He found himself... fading. It began slow at first, with minor things like the name of that pet dog he got when he was just a hatchling, or the color of his first coat. He had always brushed them off then, focusing his energy on more important schemes. But as those failed one after another, thwarted by the capable wardens posted around his living prison, he got tired.

Some time after the death of the head warden, he supposed he just gave up. No one could keep fighting an uphill battle forever. He was strong, but even the strongest broke. He, of all people, should know that.

So he just curled up inside his cell, deliberately let his mind slipping away like that.

Until the calling. He didn't know from whom, but it sounded familiar. Too familiar. He found himself enthralled, its sweet but forbidden melody haunting his sleep, tingling like liquid fire in his veins.

It was waking him up. And this time, he couldn't deny.

He opened his eyes for the first time in an eternity. Who could known he would miss the light so much?

"Welcome back, dad. Time to hunt."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, RedDusk!

Ooh, Vietnam? That's interesting. I don't think we have any players from that area, but I might be wrong. Either way, I'm sure you'll fit right in here! There's never any shortage of worgen or blood elf RP, and having a mentor should help too. :)

Now, as per standard approval procedure, remember to read our rules and policies again – you’ve probably done this already, but it’s something we expect everyone to be super familiar with! The FAQs are also an excellent source of information when you're just getting started. Once you've done all this, make sure to create an in-game account here (if you haven’t already) using the same information you registered your forum account under.

When you create your account and log onto the server, do not forget to /join Chat, where you can talk with other players and ask questions.

We also have character creation tips and a lot of various guides that you may find useful when working on your first character or profile or just trying to get the feel of the server. This guide is recommended for all new players!

Lastly, feel free to toss me a PM if you still have any questions or concerns and I will try my best to respond soon!

But most importantly, have fun! ;)
-Dilly
Thanks. But now that I have joined the server, where to start? Just run around and do quests?
Typically you can go to GMI, or ask in LookingForGroup if there's any RP open.

Actually, just read what Ghaskan said. If you have any questions, find me in game on Tarin or Fenastik.
(01-05-2014, 06:52 AM)RedDusk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. But now that I have joined the server, where to start? Just run around and do quests?

First of all, welcome! Sadly, questing seems to be overall broken in the version of the game the server is running. However, this should not be a problem, as the characters you create will start at level 60 and come with max flight skills, which means you can jump right into Roleplay!

Watch out for purple portal NPCs, as you can use them to travel around to specific place. A very important one is Game Master Island (GMI), the place where people gather OOCly, plus the hub for character goodies (eg. vendors and trainers). To access it, talk to the portal (there should be one in each starter area), choose "Neutral Hubs" and then "GMI". There you can meet fellow CoTHers, ask any other questions you might have, etc. Speaking of which, if you want to go to a place not in the portal, an alternative to flying with your mount is using the ".taxi" command, which unlocks all flight masters until you log off - as far as I'm aware, you can use this command as many times as you want.

As for what to do next, it's up to you! First, you might want to assemble a neat set for your brand new character. That should be easy enough, thanks to the handy ".lo rpitem" command. Just type that command followed by the name of the item (doesn't need to be complete, so you can look for something less descriptive such as a colour) you are looking for, which will give you one or more links that you can use to 1) preview 2) add to your backpack! For this, there's the ".add" command. Simply type that command, give a space and use Shift+left click on them link of your desire item, and it's yours. If you run out of space, don't hesitate to use another cool command, ".bank", which allows you to access your bank at any time.

After that, you just have to talk with fellow users of the server to try and find someone to roleplay with. LookingForGroup (Usually /4, but check the channel tab by pressing O to make sure of the number) or GMI are the best places for this.

There is a lot that I have left out, as it might prove to be overwhelming, but please ask me (or anyone else, really, especially Forum Helpers - Purple username - and GMs - green username -, as they are qualified for this type of queries) if there's anything else you wish to know or something that you didn't understand.

A final piece of advice... I would suggest reading the hell out of the wiki and the guides section, even though some aspects might be out of date - there is VERY useful information in there!

Again, welcome to CoTH, and have fun!