Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shaded Trees of Ashenvale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler:
@Maarten @Rokhjin

"Who do I serve?"

With the thought ringing in his mind, Enconius opened up his notebook. Although he reserved most of the book for his study of herbs, some pages in the back were used for the spillage of his thoughts. He began to write.

Enconius Wrote:"It is simply my wish, my only desire, to help. To be of aid.. to serve others. By Cenarius, I wish I could say that I had many friends.. but what is a friend? Just another person to listen to you, and that you will listen to? In a way, isn't that servitude? Isn't friendship the equivalent of servitude?

So here again I sit, contemplating, thinking.. my mind rushing, my thoughts unstable. If I live to serve others, to benefit my fellows around me.. should I not have many friends? Should I not be the most sought-out, most agreeable, most enjoyable to be around? I know of all these words being arrogant and selfish.. but are they not true?

Again I ask.. more and more often, it feels. Who do I serve? In the name of Cenarius, by the words of Elune.. who do I serve? If I am not to have friends, do I serve strangers? Do I strive to service those who I wish to befriend, but may not accept my gesture? No.. I must serve those who need it. Regardless of if I intend to befriend them..

Befriending.. of course. The attempts in the past have been the failures of the past. By Cenarius, I have tried! I have tried to make friends, to be enjoyable.. I try every day. But it seems that those I wish to befriend would prefer to be distant.. to hide, to keep things to themselves-- Do not mistake it. I see nothing wrong with the keeping of secrets, but I believe if one is carrying a burden, they should feel free to tell their friends how they feel. If one cannot open up to you in such a way, can you even be considered friends?-- Or are you simply just one serving them?

Cenarius.. I ask for further strength. Power to overcome these problems in my mind. I would ask for answers, but I know you will not directly give them to me. I would ask you my purpose, who I serve, and what I must do every waking day.. but the air will be left empty with silence, as it has been before.

No, these answers must be found myself.. through servitude. By convincing myself that there are friends, and not just distant people who enjoy my servitude. To allow myself to believe that, in a way, I am the most agreeable and enjoyable, and that I must continue being such. That I must continue to serve those around me.. as fervently as if they were family!-- Closer than family. To give my life for those around me.. to find the determination and passion to serve anything asked of me, even something low or foolish! By Cenarius, I must serve!

... Who do I serve?"

OOC:
Spoiler:
This is the in-character thread that I will use to detail the random ramblings of Enconius' mind. I figured I should start it off with a list of who he feels he serves, and why. Updates will come some time soon. Stick around! <3