Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Paracelsus Hubaro Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
World of Warcraft is really the only game I relentlessly play (beside Tekken). I like to call myself a very technical gamer; I especially began paying attention to more technical aspects of WoW when I discovered private servers some several years ago. However, I feel that afterward I found it much harder to immerse myself into the game.

Offline, I am an avid reader, somewhat of a poet, and have some personal esoteric aspirations; I feel that I have reached a point in my life where I must hone a creative and imaginative spark.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born, raised, and currently reside in the United States. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into WoW back in 2004 via a recommendation from a friend. However, I have never played any of the Warcraft series.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was curious and simply searched "WoW roleplay private server" and found your website to be second on the list. As for what draws me to the server: I crave immersion away from the mundane, and to embrace a deeper sense of person by using the game world as a tool.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've never roleplayed much; I figure any kind should be fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead Priest. Priest for the game-play of course, but Undead have a very mysterious and wise air about them which perks my curiosity.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm honestly not sure what to expect, but if Conquest of the Horde can take me to a 'new world' of sorts, I'll surely thank them by sticking around for a millennium or two! :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely "Humility". I reflect upon the definition of the word personally, which is why I gravitate toward this rule.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
I am not currently interested, but am curious. Is there somewhere I may read about this "Mentor Program"?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A brilliant amber in spiral,
At whence bear I unto mine own eyes,
Doth mine recollection serve unto me.
A great falling,
Thereafter deeply I breathed,
Which herald of matter to assemble.
And over me a man,
Adorned in violet,
Unto me stood and spake:
"And the frost,
by Aman'Thul wanes and is overcome!
And vex now by Eonar!
That which bindeth thee in mine midst!
Drink therein!"
Naked I lay,
A babe then born,
Unto that man,
My wisest Master;
Whom constituted me thus:
"Firm art thine feet upon Azeroth
Yet within the firmament,
Was erected the temple of thine eyes.
For this, thou art Paracelsus.
Thou art fashioned humbly,
Yet within thy fashion,
Shineth the radiance of the Sun.
For this, thou art an Hubaro.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to see you all soon!
Hello, Vershiel, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

I like that you went with something different and wrote a poem rather than a story - I'm a fan of poetry, despite how seldom I write it these days.

As for our mentor program, I'll still refer you to here if you want to read into it. I'd recommend signing up for it if you haven't RP'd much.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
I look forward to some forsaken RP with you! Welcome aboard!
Which reminds me... I have been wanting to create a Forsaken character.

Pssst... Welcome to the community.
I'm unsure as to whether or not this is a violation of policy, but I am posting this content here because I am constrained, for some odd reason, from posting a topic in the "New users" section of the forum.

I am not inexperienced when it comes to connecting to private servers; I've been a member of various other servers ranging Blizzlike to Sandbox.

I've modified my realmlist so it appears as thus:

set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

I am running a 3.3.5 Client.

When I log in, my information is verified, but the prompt will become stuck on "Success". If I close out of the dialogue box, the server list appears. I am attempting to log on to the "Conquest of the Horde" server which appears in color juxtaposed to the servers CotH-CataTC (4.3.4) and CotH Test, which are depicted in grey. if I attempt to access the server (Conquest of the Horde) again, I remain on the prompt "Logging in to game server" and then the server list reappears.

I am able to connect to other private servers that I normally play on this client with ease.

Any advice?

EDIT: I'm in the server now. I got in by using a Cata client instead. Are the two servers linked?
The two servers are linked, yes. The old one is still up but it isn't up for RP use.

As for other servers? I'm not sure. They'd have to be using this exact client. If you wish to play on other servers, you'll probably have to use a different client.

Nevertheless, glad you were able to get in game.