Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Golden Quill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler:
[Image: TheGoldenQuill_zpsa3d7beac.png]

"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."

A Message from the Owner

"I, Edgar James Barlton, Ex-Headmaster of the Academy of Aula Arcanum, former Warmage of the Kirin Tor, and founder of the Echo of Antonidas, hereby invite you to The Golden Quill. What is it, you say? The Golden Quill is a place where all of the scholars, writers, knowledge-seekers, and lovers of literature may call home. A place where you may sit down and read a good book, or perhaps indulge yourself in the overwhelming knowledge of an ancient tome. Where you can purchase a wide variety of literature in the form of novels, tomes, scrolls, tablets and everything in-between. The Golden Quill is all of this and more. Come explore a fascinating world that is but a page away."

The Golden Quill is a library and bookshop nestled in the forest to the south of both Hearthglen and The Menders' Stead in the Western Plaguelands. The proximity to an Argent Crusade encampment ensures the protection of the Quill's guests from the dangers of the area.

Spoiler:
[Image: GQ01_zpsea1d0fde.png]

Spoiler:
[Image: GQ02_zps915af938.png]

Rules

• Any and all weapons are to be kept sheathed and out-of-sight at all times.
  • Theft and/or the destruction of property will not be tolerated.
  • The restricted section behind the front desk is... well, restricted. Only staff members allowed. No exceptions.
  • All books that are not purchased are to remain at the Golden Quill unless stated otherwise.
  • All members of the Argent Crusade are welcome to free wine. This is not to say, however, that you may drop in solely for the purpose of filling your gut with our wine. Proof of membership is a must.
  • The mistreatment of Dusty, the shop's cat, is strictly prohibited unless otherwise stated by a member of the staff.

Spoiler:
These posters can be seen in all major cities and settlements.
Looks awesome. I want to make an aspiring poet for it. But I need to figure out race/class but I'm definitely interested. Also of course House Novalight would support this if anything was required Edgar couldn't already do himself or just wanted some extra anything lol. Zariel is a writer after all, and Jidaeo a seeker of knowledge.
(01-09-2014, 04:42 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]But I need to figure out race/class but I'm definitely interested.

Orc Warrior. Dressed in that spiky set of Northrend quest rewards. Anyone who doesn't applaud is behheaded.

Regardless, I've already shown my support for this in-game. Glad to see it come to fruition.
I could bring Ameri out of the hiding hole…she -is- a writer, after all…and could probably help in the shop, too.
What's the name of the set?
I had Tessen shop there a little while ago. Be sure that my other studious characters will be popping in for tea.
[Image: post-11921-Aww-Yiss-Owl-gif-PzXa.gif]
Help Wanted: The Golden Quill

"The Golden Quill is looking for three additional staff members to aid our current staff. These three individuals should be well-versed in the art of bookkeeping. From how to handle ancient texts, to how to properly sweep dusty floors. ( It's far more difficult than it looks! )

Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
  • Dusting.
  • Sweeping.
  • Pouring wine.
  • Handling the occasional drunk Worgen.
  • Sorting and categorizing books, tomes and scrolls.
  • Tending to customers.
  • Handling coin.
  • Giving Edgar sponge baths.

Applicants should visit the shop to speak with me in person.

Good luck,

Edgar J. Barlton,
Owner."

Recruitment has been closed.
MstrCorvus has claimed spot number one! Two left!
Second spot has been taken by ImagenAshyun!