Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Those who are posting or have posted an introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Grakor456 Wrote:Going to reinforce Qaza's comment about thoroughness is a good thing.

Remember that Introductions are no longer just a space to say "hello" and collect vouches. This is your application to join the server. If you fail to impress with your introduction, you won't be allowed on, and we may not give you a second chance. Myself, Mikain, and Sasail have put up introductions in the hopes that they'll be read as examples of the sorts of introductions we're looking for. If you read one of them and think "Dang, that makes my intro look so short/simple/uninspired/boring etc. etc., then you should strongly consider rewriting it before we start approvals and denials.

Be thorough. Be descriptive. Try to present yourself in the best manner possible.

Grakor posted this earlier today, and I'm giving folks a day to act on it and edit their introductions. This goes for the Heroes and Grunts as well. We've only spotted a few that really fit the level of quality we're looking for.

If your application is approved, you'll get a reply to your post saying so, and it will be moved to the Archived Introductions.

If your application is denied, your thread will be locked and you will receive a PM notification. Please remember that approvals and denials are not open to debate.
Whoa, wait; are Heroes and Grunts required to post new intros? I was sorta jumping on the bandwagon when I made mine.
We'd prefer that everyone does. It's not something that I'd feel right asking only a certain group of people to do, hence why the GMs (those who have had the time to do so) have also posted introductions. This is the same approach we had when we started requiring introductions in the first place.
having 20 people on the server seems boring :/
It's a matter of opinion, and in our opinion it's better. There are plenty of other servers that are willing to go for numbers, but we'd rather not.
Yeah...it is...But eventually it gets boring
I disagree, in fact I, one of the reasons I love this server is becaus it was so small, once the "summer people" came, things got rude I left for a while, albeit with a heavy heart.

This strict new system will weed the players from the Role-Players.
Question regarding Introductions (That's got me a bit worried):

I've read a part that says 'impress'. Besides giving the requested information and being thorough, I don't see what is meant by impressing you all. The best I can do is answer the questions all out, honestly but I think it would help if it could be explained better on what it is your really looking for other than that.

To add on, I've tried taking pointers from approved Introductions. I *really* don't want to mess this up because I did something stupid. :|
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone here can tell you exactly how to fill out a profile so that you make the grade, any more than you could ask an employer what your answers should be in order that they hire you; part of the test is to see whether you can do it on your own without a bunch of hints. If you feel you've done your best, then that's really the best you can do. If it still isn't good enough then that's just the way it goes. Not everyone gets the job they want, and not everyone who submits an introduction will get into the server.

Good luck and do your best!
just be honest if they dont like you for who you are then...well...eh
Does denied mean get of our server or try to put more effort into it?

Edit: never mind i need to learn to read things thoroughly....
Keep in mind that approvals and denials are not always about the text in the introduction, especially right now with players that we've gotten a chance to meet ahead of time. Certainly, if a player we know is a stellar example of the population we'd like on the server writes one-word answers to all the questions, we're not going to approve it, but the vice versa applies as well.
Quick question, will alot of the people be turned away from joining the server? When I joined up in October there were about 20-25 people online at a time, sometimes a little more then that, and that seems like an OK number of people on if you still want a more "family" or "guild" like server.

Also, will there be any consideration on previous record? Like if we were a part of the server in the past and never really got in a huge fight with a GM or do anything like run around a popular RP spot naked screaming "LOLOL." I am quiet worried about this whole matter, there are very few good quality RP server's out there and most of them wind up dying fairly soon. You all have a very good outlook on RP which I personally respect highly, however not many other servers have the same level of quality. I am sure many prevous roleplayers will be... Not crushed, I mean its WoW... But I will say that it would be a bit of a downer to not be let back on after playing on it previously. Forgive me if I seem to be rambling or seeming all: "Please let me join!" However I am almost sure that other people are in the same position as I am currently with the changes.

And one last tiny thing! Will we be PM'd or get a post on the introduction itself if it is not up to the quailty of what you all want?

Thank you guys, sorry for posting so much.
saluku Wrote:Quick question, will alot of the people be turned away from joining the server? When I joined up in October there were about 20-25 people online at a time, sometimes a little more then that, and that seems like an OK number of people on if you still want a more "family" or "guild" like server.

Yes, we are being a LOT more strict about who we accept. This will become apparent over the next week or so as we make our decisions on application introductions.

Quote:Also, will there be any consideration on previous record? Like if we were a part of the server in the past and never really got in a huge fight with a GM or do anything like run around a popular RP spot naked screaming "LOLOL."

Yes, this will have some bearing on our decisions.If we haven't gotten to know you due to the size the sever got to, we'll be using your profile to try to do so now. If we do know who you are, we will be taking that somewhat into account. I answered a similar question in the post right above yours.

Quote: I am quiet worried about this whole matter, there are very few good quality RP server's out there and most of them wind up dying fairly soon. You all have a very good outlook on RP which I personally respect highly, however not many other servers have the same level of quality. I am sure many prevous roleplayers will be... Not crushed, I mean its WoW... But I will say that it would be a bit of a downer to not be let back on after playing on it previously. Forgive me if I seem to be rambling or seeming all: "Please let me join!" However I am almost sure that other people are in the same position as I am currently with the changes.

We appreciate that, really, everyone who applies (at least theoretically) really wants to be accepted to the server, but to be frank not all the players who were on previously will be coming back.

Quote:And one last tiny thing! Will we be PM'd or get a post on the introduction itself if it is not up to the quailty of what you all want?

Thank you guys, sorry for posting so much.

No, you will not. Grakor's post in the sticky and the sticky itself explain that we really want you to put out your best effort. There is no maximum or minimum. As I've said before, the introduction is your first impression to the rest of the server. You've got all the time in the world to work on that, and plenty of warning. Take advantage of that.
I'm not sure if this question has been answered, so I apologise in advance if it has.

But if in the event your introduction is not accepted, are you given a chance to modify it, or are there no second chances?
Pages: 1 2 3