Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rainsinger's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a female in my mid-30s who has played WoW off and on since the game originally launched. It's been over a year now since I last played, due to lagging interest, but I've recently begun to miss my favorite stomping grounds. My favorite memories from WoW are of my roleplaying days. I can't afford a WoW account any longer, and dread immersing myself with the mindless idiots that populate the regular servers. I thought I might prefer a private server, instead.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had been playing EverQuest for years, but was getting tired of some of the things they were doing with that game, when WoW came out. I was one of the people in line at midnight to get one of the first copies of the game, and raced home to make my first character.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As mentioned previously, I realized a private server might suit me better than returning to the mindless idiocy that pervades the public servers. I also miss my days of roleplay, and I love the sound of a server where RP is actually enforced. I looked at a few websites, and the rules for CotH suit me perfectly, as well as having active and current updates from the Admins of the server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
These days I tend to lean more towards casual and playful roleplay, playing side or background roles to other happenings. I like to play important roles when I can, but I'm not a fan of becoming embroiled in unnecessary drama.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Priest or Paladin
I tend to gravitate to Healing characters. I like to play a class that plays a vital role in the group, that is needed. I do tend to jump around in characters, as I can get bored playing the same character constantly. But my favorite characters are generally either Healers or Tanks. Paladin works well for me for this reason, but for pure Healing I prefer a Priest.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to be able to meet and interact with others, and develop new characters of my own. I'm also hoping for a little bit of a quiet experience, being able to enjoy the game and all it has to offer without harassment and drama from other players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's hard for me to choose just one. I appreciate the call for maturity and responsibility implicit in several of the rules. They all seem well thought out, and designed to create the best roleplay environment possible, right down to using correct word usage. (It's you, not u!)

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No, I've had enough experience with roleplay and enough familiarity with Azeroth that I think I'll be okay. *smiles* I may have some questions based purely on the server itself, and re-orienting myself to the game, but I'm hoping there are channels in place where questions like this can be asked OOC.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The deep, thrumming sound of the drums sounded out in the distance, marking the hour. Shyrala looked up, brushing her long red hair off her forehead. Had the hour really grown so late? She looked back down at the armor she'd been working on, frowning.

Her tools lay scattered around on the work bench. She'd spent the better part of the afternoon making repairs to her armor, smoothing out dents, and checking for damage to the fastenings. She frowned at the bits of armor scattered around her, quickly going through a checklist in her head. There were a few minor details she hadn't gotten to yet, but they would have to wait.

Swinging down off her stool, she readjusted her clothing, then reached for the underpadding she would wear beneath the thick metal. With practiced ease she began strapping herself in to her armor, preparing herself both physically and mentally for the coming battle.

With everything in place, she stamped her feet a few times, flexing her arms and legs. Fully suited up with the relatively light weight of her armor in place, she smiled grimly. She was never quite as comfortable as she was fully armed and equipped.

Grabbing her sword sheath, she strapped it to her waist, before grabbing her shield and heading out the door. She let out a shrill whistle, and heard the grunting growl of her Wind Rider. The brief flapping of wings announced his arrival, as he landed heavily in front of her.

Soon they were soaring away from Orgrimmar, and Shyrala closed her eyes for a moment to savor the feel of the wind against her face, while the land raced by beneath her. She never grew tired of flying, and was known to spend hours at a time simply exploring the lands, and travelling far and wide.

Her destination wasn't far, and she directed her mount to come in for a landing. As she slid from his back, she saw her companions had already gathered, waiting for her just inside the cave entrance. "Sorry I'm late," she called out to them.

She was met with a variety of greetings, from cheery hellos to grunts of impatience. She smiled as she stepped into the cave, and peered into its depths, while loosening her sword from it's scabbard. Then she glanced at them, quickly noting their readiness, and gave them a broad grin. "Let's do this!"

Drawing her sword, she lead the way deeper into the tunnels, prepared to meet whatever came their way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't know how much time I might actually spend playing, but I look forward to giving this a go!!
Hello there, Rainsinger! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You sound like a very cozy individual, if I may say so. :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
Thank you, Loxmardin! Now to figure out how to get it installed and running so I can log in. *smile*