Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: JudeAo's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((My web browser crashed right as I was finishing up! What a reminder to periodically save my posts as a write them. :( ))

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm a fifteen-year-old fantasy and science fiction game player with a great interest in roleplay. I tend to RP across a number of MMORPGs with a distinct group I met in World of Warcraft.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

United States, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

After a number of years of interest, I decided to try out World of Warcraft after Blizzard made the decision to make leveling up to level twenty free of subscription.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was spontaneously looking for a superb RP private server for World of Warcraft and noticed the high amount of respect and activity on this board.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm mostly a Medium-class roleplayer, since I generally prefer to remain OOC when not directly in an RP session. I enjoy all kinds of roleplay however.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Race: Worgen
Class: Hunter
I gravitate towards the Hunter class because my favorite fantasy archetype is the Ranger, and the two go hand-in-hand for obvious reasons. Worgen are my favorite race simply because of nostalgia, because I joined the game in the middle of Cataclysm and rolled one after beginning my subscription.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a server filled with great characters and, more importantly, great players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The emphasis on respect and toleration is extremely important to me for a variety of reasons.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

While I appreciate the option, I do not wish to have one.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

((Not actually Warcraft related, but something else very enar and dear to me ^-^))

The day was cold; being not long after the sun was in the middle of the sky. For three weeks it had been this way, and the young prince could not be happier. The senile elders living the last fraction of their lives at the top of the Fireblade Tower were worried that the especially cold winter that was approaching would kill thousands and destroy the economy of Fire Harbor.

It was a gift, he believed. A colder-than-average winter never caused the scores of deaths prophesized by the elders, anywhere, even in Northturn, northernmost city on Spirethos. The bay on which Fire Harbor lived upon never froze even in the coldest months and harshest blizzards, allowing ships from Hara, Empercity, the docks of the Emberynt, the harbors of Miane, and many, many other cities on the continent’s western shore to port and trade in the harshest of winters.

Nay, cold was good for a northman’s soul. The cold brought families together, huddling by the fire and telling tales of old battles and romances and things adults waited for their children to go off to the dream land before speaking of. The cold brought snow instead of rain, creating a scene of white paradise along the land. The cold reminded every man and every woman what mattered in their often less-than-admirable lives.

Aorune Fireblade had seen almost eighteen winters, and not once did he fail to enjoy any. The winter season had brought even more light to the night in Fire Harbor, with blazing fires meant to warm cold, tired working men illuminating the night.

The young prince wore the finest black-and-red robes in the city, with the Fireblade emblem proudly displayed upon his chest. The cloth matched almost perfectly with Aorune’s raven hair, and when the sky rained down precipitation and he was forced to bring up his hood, one could not tell where clothing ended and hair began.

The heir’s pale skin did not yet quite match the color of the loosely falling snow; it would in a matter of weeks should the season be colder than it had been before. He had a fair, slightly rounded face, unmarked by freckle or pimple, with any facial hair shaved away by barber’s knife; true men of the northern kingdoms began to grow their beards after their first win in combat, whether duel or war battle. The boy’s handsome features were a jewel for the ladies of court and elsewhere.

A redwood bow laid not far from Aorune, who stood on one of the many balconies of the Fireblade Tower, seat of House Fireblade. It had seen much successful winter and summer hunts, and held the fury of God.

The grey stone balcony remained quiet for the hour Aorune spent looking upon the city he would grow up to inherit. On occasion, a beautiful dark red bird passed by, chirping a happy avian song. Then shortly after, the ringing of bells would signal the beginning of a session at the cathedral or the entrance of a trading ship to the distant docks. By the time his watch was ending, the sun was making its way to the dark blue water ahead to sleep and come again the next day.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I have no idea exactly how active I will be in the game, due to general RL business and preoccupation by roleplay in my aforementioned "clique."
Hello, JudeAo, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:I have no idea exactly how active I will be in the game, due to general RL business and preoccupation by roleplay in my aforementioned "clique."

No worries, we're around for whenever you want to RP in this specific setting. Even if you're rarely around, it'll be nice to see you here!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story, but I didn't recognize the setting. Is it something of your own creation? It's interesting, wherever it's from. I enjoyed your writing style and the concepts contained in the story.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Thanks for the accept! :D Yes, it's something of my creation, and you're very kind with your compliments.

Currently working on getting on the server, but it's taking my while with my level of tech expertise being not much higher than negative three.