Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ydir of the Icy Storm [Vrykul] [Persistent]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Race of character: Vrykul [Forsaken OOC]

Class of character: Death Knight

Name of character: Ydir

Exact modelID requested: 26623, set to a .75 scale.

Duration that character will be used: Persistent.

Purpose for the character: Ydir will take part in Undead shenanigans, primarily those of the Forsaken. I will admit, this character will kind of be a gimmick. There's not any long story-line that I have planned to be based around him, although I am hoping that his existence will attract more people to Forsaken RP.

As well as this, the Forsaken is something I've always been interested in, but never really been able to make due to my hate of their model. The bones are bad enough, but I find it hard to believe that a few years in a grave would make everyone hunched over. So, this is an attempt of my own, on top of kindling Forsaken RP, to be involved in Forsaken RP.

Location the character will reside: Northern Lordaeron. The Plaguelands and Forsaken holdings, primarily. He holds allegiance to the Banshee Queen, and so he'll often be about helping her, or occasionally her allies. However, he doesn't want to risk any other members of the Horde taking him for a Vrykul still loyal to the Lich King. So, he rarely leaves northern Lordaeron.

Level requested: 85.

Any special equipment needed: In case I have any problems with hitboxes, I would like a morph item. I was thinking this, due to it's short cooldown (only 1 minute!).

I wrote a profile below to tell the story of how he became one of the Forsaken. If I marked something as <Unknown>, it means that I could not find supporting lore to give me a solid answer.

Spoiler:
Player: FlyingSquirrel

Character Full Name: Ydir of the Icy Storm

Character In-Game Name: Ydir

Nickname(s):

Association(s): Himself, Forsaken, Ebon Blade (In order of importance)

Race: Frost Vrykul

Class: Death Knight

Skills and Abilities: Rune Tap; this ability is instead replaced with a frost-like healing. He can fill his wounds with runic frost. Since he is dead, this is a proper way to heal himself.

Army of the Dead; This skill is replaced with a blizzard-like ability. He takes the runic ice from his body, breaks it into shards and has it fly quickly around his body for a few seconds.

His fighting style depends on slow, hard attacks. His natural strength as a Vrykul, compounded with the strength he trained himself towards, and his strength as a Death Knight, makes him very strong indeed. This leaves him little room for defense, forcing him to depend on the integrity of his armor for defense.

Age: <Unknown>. Best guess would be around 15,000 years of age.*

Sex: Male.

Hair: White braided beard with no head hair.

Eyes: Blue mist

Scale/Height: .75

Usual Garments/Armor: Ydir wears quilted cloth for the majority of his clothing, with a leather kilt alongside furry boots and furry gloves. He has a metal girdle and metal helmet on, the helmet with two wicked horns curving away. His armor's almost always seemingly frozen. Under this is Saronite chainmail.

Other: Covered in a thin layer of frost, which is under another, thicker, layer of frost. He uses this second layer to protect places that don't have metal on the outside, AKA everywhere other than his abdomen and head.

Personality: Ydir is a brutal man, as is expected of a vrykul. He's especially blunt, with little care for the intrigue or disguised words that many other dead seem so fond of. However, that does not mean that he is stupid. No, Ydir is well aware of how to take care of his own skin, and would not have survived in a post-Lich King world if he weren't able to. Under all the brawn lies a keen mind, one ultimately dedicated to the Death Knight's survival above all other costs.

History: <Unknown, up until the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King>**.

Ydir had always lived within the greater Jotunheim area. Upon the Vrykul accepting the Lich King as their Death God, he was woken alongside many other Vrykul. And, like many other Vrykul hoping to prove themselves to this new God, he took part in the tournaments at Valhalas. He went through a gauntlet of challenges, many against other hopefuls while a few against what the Scourge would offer. He won all but one through a mixture of strength, cunning and, most importantly, luck. Up until he finally met his end at the hands of an abomination.

This, however, was not the end for Ydir. He was deemed worthy by the Val'kyr, having the best record in that day's competition. The losers became Vargul. However, Ydir was taken away by the Val'kyr and raised as a Ymirjar Death Knight. As the armies of Acherus formed and fought in the south, Ydir trained for the glory of the Lich King. And when Acherus defected, Ydir was sent to the growing Malykriss, in order to further work on his abilities.

When the Argents took bits of Icecrown Glacier, Ydir was in Malykriss, helping to assure that the next round of Death Knights would be better than those of Acherus. However, when the Death Knights stationed in Shadow Vault began to threaten Jotunheim, Ydir was sent back to his hometown. There, he fought against the other Death Knights. In one skirmish, he was taken hostage after a Dwarf knocked him to the ground and smashed him over the head. Without further adue, the Vrykul was taken to the Shadow Vault.

The Lich King did not care to bring him back. He was expendable. However, he had a good deal of information about Malykriss, and this information, when bartered properly, was enough to keep him alive up until the Lich King's death. Initially, Ydir did not believe them that the God of Death himself had died. However, eventually, he knew it to be true. With no other prospects in sight, Ydir offered to sign on with the Ebon Blade.

Of course, such a thing did not come easy. He had willingly signed on with the Lich King, and would not be able to find solace in the Horde or Alliance like the other Death Knights. So, Ydir compromised, and was sent on a mission to prove his loyalty to the Ebon Blade. The mission was a clean-up of a group of Vrykul that had refused to give in. The Vrykul had been especially good at causing the Ebon Blade a headache, and that's where Ydir came in. So, under threat of death, Ydir lured the Vrykuls into an ambush using his existance as one of them, and then helped in their deaths.

This was enough for the Ebon Blade. The Vrykul was allowed into the Ebon Blade, and taught how to summon a Death Gate to Acherus. It was shortly after he arrived that the world was subject to the Shattering. In the Ebon Hold, he heard many of the Death Knights talking about a Sylvanas, and how many of the dead had found open arms in her army. Ydir did some more research through talking and listening and found himself curious. So, with the help of a Horde Death Knight, he approached the Forsaken.

They'd already taken in the Val'kyr, although that had been more of a personalized thing. Much to Ydir's joy, the Forsaken accepted the Vrykul with open arms. And luckily for them, Ydir didn't care about the heinous experiments done to the other Vrykul by the Apothecary Society in the Howling Fjords. With Ydir's allegiances set straight, the Vrykul began his new life, out of his comfort zone for the first time he could remember.

--
*This is based upon the fact that King Ymiron existed 15,000 years ago, as shown by the Anguish of Nifflevar quest.
**We don't really know what Vrykul were like before the Wrath of the Lich King. So, I'm just going to skip to that time.

Bump! Still interested in playing.

EDIT: I also tossed in what his replacement will be for Army of the Dead. Likewise, I added a bit to his armor, and added special equipment that will be necessary.
This character has been created. Moving to Active and sending out a PM with the details shortly.