Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Buggie's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a very laid back person and I like to think of myself as mature and drama free. I would consider myself more social than a hardcore gamer and I love to RP. I have been playing WoW since it originally came out, and aside from that, I have roleplayed online in various venues on the internet. Originally I learned to roleplay on MU*s back in the day, and that started back in 1999. Boy I feel old saying that. Wow roleplay started to appeal to me a couple years ago, and though I had the game since Vanilla, I never really roleplayed in it until after Cataclysm was released. I admit, I also have a guilty pleasure drawing WoW characters.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United states and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I am going to have to blame my husband on this one. He had shown me the game when it originally released. I've been playing it off and on since vanilla WoW, but it wasn't until a couple years ago that the urge to RP got the better of me and I joined an RP server. I was always curious about the lore and found a good guild who helped me learn. From that point I just delved into the lore, the wikis, even read some books just so I could stay current with what was going on. I really loved what the world had to offer and I was hooked.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I had some amazing RP on the server I play on now, but a lot of it has dwindled away when MOP came out. I really want to get back into some good roleplay and to be honest I was just tired of people making up their own stuff and throwing lore out the window. It didn't feel the same anymore. So I went looking for a private RP server, just to see if there were any that might catch my interest. This one did, I really liked the rules you put out for RP, I thought them reasonable and they met the expectations I was looking for in an RP server. So yeah, I am excited to check it out!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'd have to say I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, I like to be well rounded. Though I admit I do enjoy a good action filled plot every now and again, hey, who doesn't? Character development is a big thing for me, I like to play a character with depth, who may even change over time depending on the situation, but really, for me as long as it's a good story I am open to just about anything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hands down, goblins are my favorite race. I think I've become quite addicted to them over time. Not sure why exactly, but their roleplay always makes me laugh, they also seem rather versatile. As for class, I love shamans and a lot of it just has to do with the lore, which I have done a lot of reading up on. I just think in roleplay it is an interesting class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't ask for much, just a friendly community and some good, mature roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would have to say maturity. Too often have a run across other players who were not mature enough to handle a situation, or when they lost a fight or disagreed it just came down to them bickering OOCly and name calling. Things like that really bug me so it's nice to see it enforced here.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
I am unsure if I need a mentor, at least not for roleplaying, but I am sure I would have some questions about the server once I get in to play. So I guess, yes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sun had set but a few hours ago, the moon long risen, now casting dim beams against the rugged town of Booty Bay. Yet in the darkness, a figure, tall and lanky, slowly made his way to one of the nearby buildings.

The man had been easily spotted by one of the goblins seated upon the upper decks. This was no bruiser, but a small, goblin child. Buggie she was called, a cute nickname given to her long ago by her parents. The man she knew well, an old sailor by the name of Estaban. He worked on the ship with her parents and was a long time friend of the family. It had been some time since she last saw him and his arrival only meant one thing, 'they' were home.

"They're here! They're here!" The planks below the little goblin child shook unsteadily as she lept to her feet, small hands grasping about the rope railing as she leaned over it with a boisterous cry. "Estaban!" There was no answer, perhaps he didn't hear her? Her nose wrinkled as she pushed herself back onto the wooden planks. But she wasn't all that upset about it, the building he entered, as shambled as it looked, it was her home.

Along the boardwalk and over the bridges, Buggie raced towards home. Her heart thrummed wildly within her chest, pulsing with excitement. How long had it been since they left for sea, a few months at least? She could hardly remember! And for a goblin girl barely past her ninth birthday, that felt like an eternity.

"I'm sorry, we were but a few miles out at ..." Estaban's words cut short as the door suddenly flew open and the little brunette goblin girl stepped inside! "Estaban! What did you bring me, something good and sparkly I hope!?" She grinned with delight, already expecting to be showered with some neat little gift from their recent travels.

Standing alongside Estaban were two goblins, Rizbit and Saszi, an older couple who were already starting to show their age, if the deep wrinkles on their face was any indication. Buggie had known them since she was a baby, they were practically family and often times cared for her while her parents were at sea.

Yet silence overtook the three as they looked to the small girl, it seemed as if they were at a loss for words. Something was up, no one was smiling, and their face was grim, troublesome. Buggie looked to each of them briefly, a brow perking from the odd reception. This was not like them to be so silent, but as she looked upon those dark expressions, her smile too faded, replaced with confusion.

"Are they still on the ship, are they coming?!" There was still a tinge of excitement in her tone, the goblin child was quite hopeful still.
Rizbit and Saszi looked to each other with some uncertainty, and with a heavy sigh, Rizbit stepped forward. Buggie watch him, rather perplexed now as he lowered himself to one knee before her. He reached out to her shoulder, his hand nearly enveloping her small frame as he cleared his throat, as if trying to find the words."Buggie, they ain't comin' back."

"What are you talkin' about, 'course they are!" She half laughed, immediately thinking it in jest. They often played jokes on her, if anything just to get a rise in the girl for laughs. But to say such a thing wasn't all that funny to her. "Come on Rizbit, don't tease me. They're here aren't they. Hiding I bet!" She looked around the room, her voice rising as she called out. "Mom, Dad! Where are you!?"

"N..no, they ain't hiding! "Rizbit's voice rose, the words cracking deep in his throat as he tightened his grip on the girl. She could feel the trembling of his hand. "Buggie, do you remember Goldbeak?"

"My parrot? Yeah, why?" The wide violet eyes of the little goblin girl settled upon Rizbit's face and her brow knitted with concern.

"Ya remember what happened to him, when he didn't wake up?" There was a hesitation in the older goblins voice. "Ya mom and dad, they.. ain't gonna be wakin' up either."

Buggie had experienced death only once before when her pet parrot had passed on, so the significance of his words hit her pretty hard. She was stunned. "What!? No!" Buggie shouted out in disbelief, her eyes narrowing as she looked to the goblin holding her. This couldn't be real. "You're lieing!" With a sudden jerk, she managed to break free of the goblin's hold and sprint around him. "Mister Estaban is here! They were with him!"

She skid to a stop in front of the tall, lanky man, her violet eyes wide as she looked up to him. "Please, it's a joke right, they're just hiding... right!?" There was a glimmer of hope there that this might be some joke, even as cruel as that might be. Yet all he could do was look down at her with that grief upon his face as he extended his hand out to her. Within his palm was a necklace, from which hung four symbols, each carved from wood to represent the four elements. It was rather gaudy, as most goblin jewelry was, painted with vibrant colors and adorned with gems. Buggie instantly recognized it and her heart sank in her chest. It was her mothers. "I'm sorry, Buggie.."
The tears now streamed down her face as she snatched it out of his hand, her eyes unable to tear away from the ornate piece of jewelry. Upon the painted wooden charms, she could see something more. Blood.

"Buggie..." Saszi's voice broke the silence as she closed the distance between her and the child. She tried to reach out to her, to comfort, but all she snatched was a wisp of air as Buggie went darting off past her and ran back out the door.

The world was but a blur now, the tears stinging her eyes as she ran for what felt like ages. Shouts from drunken sailors could be heard booming through the air as she clumsily raced past then, but she couldn't stop, for whatever reason she just kept running. Along the docks and stairs, to the moonlit shores where the water lapped against the sand, only then did she collapse upon the sand. Her body shook with a violent sob, hair falling around her like a veil as the tears fell from her cheeks and splattered against the ground before her. She tumbled sideways along the sand, her fist opening to reveal the necklace she now held so dear. The light of the moon shined down upon her and illuminated the gems faintly as she raised them to the sky.

"Can't be..." She choked back another sob as her fist tightened around the necklace and brought it close to her heart. Only moments later did the wind pick up and a gust of air swirled past her, entangling about her hair and whipping it upwards in a twirl. Upon the wind she could hear a voice, carried from the wind. She recognized it instantly, the sweet tone of her mother. With trembling lips, she closed her eyes, gulping back the large lump that had formed in her throat as she now turned her gaze upon the dark waters of the ocean.

"You can't be gone.."
"You're out there, I know it..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not that I can think of.
Howdie, Buggie! I'm here to inform you your profile's been. . .

[❆☃❅ Approved! ❅☃❆]

A good job you've done here, cap'n! This is a nice old introduction, yes it is. I'll give you some help in getting acquainted with the server below!

Here'sCotH's rules!
ACotH's policies!
BigA link to the version of WoW we use at CotH!
Bunch You've gotta go here to register your in-game account!
OfA bunch of handy guides on all kinds of stuff!
Links A huge resource for making characters!

Additionally, in-game you can /join chat and /join barrens to get into our universal chat channels!

First of all - you'll definitely fit in here. A lot of us are newer to the RPing front (I began in, uh, heck --- it depends what you call RP, I guess. 2005?), but most of our founding members are old have been RPing for quite some time. If it ain't an imposition, we're got a bunch of artsy people in our community - we'd love to see your drawings!

Quote:I really want to get back into some good roleplay and to be honest I was just tired of people making up their own stuff and throwing lore out the window.

Oh, trust me - we're pretty accurate when it comes to lore. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but these days we view ourselves as straying as close to Blizzard as is sensible these days. In the past we struck away from official lore a bit more (an example being a large storyline in which the forsaken and blood elves formed their own, third faction) but we tend to be more stringent these days - though we've got a bunch of systems to let players make things impossible in retail (such as allowing players to apply for normally unplayable races and factions). Hopefully that's your cup of tea!

Quote:Hands down, goblins are my favorite race.
Quote:As for class, I love shamans and a lot of it just has to do with the lore, which I have done a lot of reading up on.

Goblin shaman? I'm game. I think we've only got a couple of them, they're a pretty daring combination. Otherwise, I agree that shamans are probably one of the coolest (that's a lie, they're the coolest) classes around.

Quote:I am unsure if I need a mentor, at least not for roleplaying, but I am sure I would have some questions about the server once I get in to play. So I guess, yes.

To clarify 'ere - the mentor program is basically like legal slavery. The mentors (such as myself) are basically available for any question or quandary you've got about the server - be it regarding the forums, in-game shenanigans or help making profiles. I'd definitely recommend it, and that's not just because I get commission! (I don't actually get commission, help me)

Your story's good, too - not enough sad stuff around these parts, I reckon. Plus, it's a neat little angle on goblins - they're not just greedy, self-centered creatures! Not all of 'em, anyhow.

Without any further ado, I'd like to say - welcome to CotH!
Quote:Hands down, goblins are my favorite race.

Hello.