Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Bloody Banquet: A Most Murderous Game at Dinner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You had received an invitation attached to a curious package. It was an invitation to a banquet, to be hosted in some far of location that you don't recall ever hearing about. The invitation is more then that however, it is also a warning. "There will be a most perilous game at the banquet. Only come if you wish to partake in the revelries. It is not to the faint of heart. You should not arrive with those you love." Besides the ominous invitation you also received clothing to wear at the Banquet. Made from the finest fabrics you ever encountered. Resting atop the neatly folded clothes in the package, lay a wolfs mask.

The Bloody Banquet is a little experimental event I have cooked up. And its all based around a little game, A most murderous little game.

After the guests have mingled, sampled the wine and enjoyed the food, The host will approach them all with the game and its rules. The masked and hopefully anonymous guests will receive a little envelope, and a silver dagger. Inside the envelope is a name of a person. They have received someone to murder. And in turn, they have been received a murderer.

Now, do not fret, no one will stay dead. They would all drink from a soul well, so in the case of their demise, they would come back to life rather briskly. Though the whole process of dying is said to be uncomfortable.

Now, the rules of the game are simple:

1. Kill the person named in the envelope, but only the person named in the envelope. Kill the wrong person and you will have lost the game.

2. Do not get killed. Dying means you lose the game.

3. Do not leave the premises. Doing so means you lose the game. Don't worry, We will make sure breaking this rule, will be rather difficult.

4. Do not let the Banquet Butlers see your attempt at murder. Being caught red handed means you lose the game.

Oh did i mention the Banquet Butlers? The ones who will be in place to service the guests, and make sure they follow the rules lets the face disqualification? Well, you know of them now.

Now, Who wants another glass of wine?
Reminds me of that game, The Ship. Sounds like fun but question, How do we stay anonymous? Unless we can somehow make sure everyone coming is trustworthy enough to just turn off names and not look at name plates.
Simple, I will be there eagle eyeing the whole ordeal. As usual, we do trust the Roleplayers of Coth to be competent and trustworthy enough to follow the rules of events. If someone finds out who someone is, and i suspect shenanigans, I will simply contact them and question them how they figured it out and if they had nameplates turned of. IF i do find out they cheated, I will give them a sturn talking to. And maybe something other slightly more horrible that I can't be bothered to come up with right now.
I like this idea. Not sure if it'll pass with the GMs, though.
The only problem I personally see is the Soul Well bit. However, I would love to take part.
I will contact a GM and discuss details as how to refrain from letting the death part become permanent. Until I post any further news regarding this, Ignore this small facet of the event. It will most probably resolve, and your characters will most probably not remain dead.
I am so down for this event. And even if the characters remain dead, that's just more incentive to not get stabbed.