Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Commissions for CotH profiles and such for a medical emergency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and good day to you, folks. I believe some people remember my last commission opening, but due to the fast pace of life at the time (plus people swapping alts), I have been only able to complete two of the entire list, and one of them took almost a year to complete. Reasons why the delays vary, but they do involve the environment I was in that just about kept me from drawing. Thankfully, I have moved out and changed jobs since, and if you've paid attention to my various art threads and my deviantART, I've also been able to draw more frequently, more quickly, and with higher quality.

I am sad to say that, once more, I am in a financial bind wherein I need some dough. This time, it's for a shorter term emergency, and for a limited time.

Long story short, I need to see a doctor. I won't say what it is here in the forums (but if you're genuinely concerned/curious, you can Skype/PM me), but what I need to see a doctor for cannot wait another few months. I applied for health coverage last December, but it's February and I'm not in the system yet. In addition, I don't know how much co-payment costs since I'm applying for a different hospital than what I'm used to. I do, however, have access to a doctor with discounted fees on my campus university. However, payment is still pricey. I have to reserve $55.00 USD just to see an eye doctor, and about $100+ more to get new glasses. That's not the medical urgency I have, though (I got money reserved for that). It's something else entirely.

I still have my two jobs, but I'm getting the short end of the stick from them both. From my tutoring job, I only have two students on very little hours, and I won't be getting anymore. At the behavior respite, the administration is cutting costs and coverage due to other financial emergencies. I am only making enough to cover my cell phone bill, gas, and minor expenses, but not enough for something like a major doctor's visit.

This commissions will be trying to go for at least $150.00 worth of works within a couple weeks. I will only take in the first few clients at a time. One comission per person for now. If you want more art from me, wait until I complete a few more works.

Here is what I offer (in USD):

Spoiler:
  • 1.) Black-and-white bust portrait, dyed paper background, no colors: $25.00

[Image: jcl5.png]

2.) Colored bust potrait, dyed paper background, flat colors: $27.00

[Image: pzfx.png]

3.) Fully-colored bust portrait, simplified clothing, basic shading, limited colored lines, abstract background: $35.00

[Image: 4gsg.png]

4.) Fully-colored super-deformed/chibi/silly cartoon (no text), full-bodied or partial-bodied, simplified clothing, flat colors, colored lines, no background: $27.00

[Image: nu52.png]

I can do all races and most costumes. Armor takes additional time, depending on the details. I do not recommend requesting weapons and detailed props, but I can do accessories such as jewelry and tattoos.

I will accept only one character per client at a time. If your character is a hunter with a pet, I can include the pet with an added $5.00 USD, flat rate.

Payment is done through Paypal, so non-Americans can request commissions (Paypal converts your currency). When I accept your commission, you will be PMed/Skyped/emailed (your choice) your receipt as proof of purchase.

Now you may think, "Immy, those choices are limited! When can I get specific backgrounds with detailed shading and detailed costumes and detailed props, etc etc.?" The options I provided are the ones that can be done the quickest possible. Props, costume details, detailed background, additional shading, etc., can take me hours to add. For instance, the time it takes for me to draw a full-bodied Jyovani in just a simple robe, complete with colored lines, basic shading, and no props, would take me about 3-4 hours to complete; Jyovani in a full Spellbreaker outfit standing in Silvermoon, on the other hand, complete with the shield, glaive, armor, Silvermoon bushes, pavement, sky, and so forth, would take me weeks and sometimes months to complete. This alone took me almost a year to do at the time because I was researching how 1920's home interiors looked like on top of balancing two crappy jobs, school, GM duties in CotH, and general burnout/artist block. And having a computer with 1 GB of RAM at the time (so I can only work on the picture little by little at a single time before the processor chokes).

Though I'm back at school, my classes only take place during Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays while respite takes place on the weekends and tutoring on Mondays and Wednesdays. This sounds like a lot, but I have more free time than I did last year due to reduced work hours. Reduced work hours may mean more free time, but it also means less dollars flowing into my bank. I intend to draw during my free hours while I'm away from home (free time also doesn't mean more CotH time :( ). Thus, in order for me to make use of my time effeciently without burning myself out, I recommend commission clients keep active tabs on me on Skype, where I can give you samples of the artwork WIPs via my camera phone.

Okay, let's go!

COMMISSIONS TO-DO LIST:

1.) Geoni
2.) Tarana (Scout)

COMPLETED:
1.) Mathias' Norell
2.) Reigen's Reigen
3.) FlyingSquirrel's Fenastik
4.) Krilari's Krilari
Please send me a message on Skype so I'll remember to talk to you when I get home from work!
In a couple weeks I can touch base with you too--however, I don't know if this will still be up or if that'll help so late.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Immy.
An update. I've taken in 3 commissions, all three in the process of completion. I will be accepting more once I have at least two complete.

Turns out the visit to the school doctor is free for students.... mostly because the doctor could not do anything for me at this point in time. I am, however, referred to an orthopedic and/or general surgeon, as I am told I may need x-rays should the condition worsen. Right now, otherwise, I'm just prescribed pain medication and recommended I observe.

I intend to make an appointment with the ortho in about a week (as suggested by my doctor, who told me it's too soon to make that appointment). Until then, I'll keep doing the commissions, if only because I love you guys that much x3.

Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers. Whatever this is, it's not over yet, but I will keep observing and managing myself until I get that ortho visit.
Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll nip it in the bud.
Keep on keepin' on, Immy. <3
My payday is coming up on this friday and I got my sights set on a commission. Let me know when a spot opens up!

Of course, only if you're still doing this. Good luck with the doctors.

Just adding onto this, Pick the people who have been on the server longer before me.
I wish you the best of luck Immy, I'm sending all possible positive feelings I can muster your way!
Norell and Reigen are completed, and Fenastik is a WIP. I can accept two more commissions right now. When Fenastik is complete, a third will be accepted.

For an update on my health, I intend to make an appointment with the ortho soon. I'll inquire costs so I can set a goal regarding medicine, co-payment, and so forth. Once more, thank you all for your help.
PICK ME!
Take your time with Fenastik's commission. Really, I don't want you to feel a rush.
In the next....five days tops, I'll throw my money at you so I can help.
An update!

I visited the orthodontist and got what's the deal with my hand: it's just a ganglion cyst on my middle finger's joint in my palm, rather than a tumor or whatnot as I have feared (as it was painful and getting bigger). I won't go into the gory details, but I will say he did take care of it, though there is a chance it may come back. I am grateful that at least it's been cared for in that my joint is safe and I don't have to worry about walking on eggshells as far as applying pressure on the hand without sending myself in pain.

The treatment isn't as expensive as I would have estimated, and the x-ray, thankfully, was free. I have leftover money from commissions, which will be used to cover other things my jobs cannot. I will admit I currently have no health insurance (we just got one but it won't be active until May), however, and I'm running low on asthma medicine. So I guess the commission money will go other places for my health XD.

The Fenastik commission is complete, and I am starting on the next two. I have one open slot for anyone who wishes for a piccy :)
A little update.

I am able to draw as of late and have finished one commission, and 2 more are being inked. However, slots are not open just yet. I will begin accepting new commissions once the remaining 2 are done.

The prices are unchanged. The money I'll be making off of these commissions will be covering other emergencies.