Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Boltknuckle's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

That's a very general question!

I play games. I play a lot of games of varied genres and types. Mostly I play video games, though I have played a few sittings of D&D. I played WoW for a number of years on and off (I just quit for the second time a few months ago) and I've been doing roleplay for around three years. I'm passionate about games and story, and I enjoy good, engaging roleplay more than I do a good video game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm an 'Merican-speakin' resident o' the United States of 'MERICUH!

(...US, English)

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I used to play WCIII obsessively with all the little games and modded maps. When I found out there was a whole big game that was going to be dedicated to it, I was extremely excited. So I went out with my momma and bought The Matrix Online.

I was not a smart kid.

Years later I finally wound up joining the game and played it from Burning Crusade to Mists of Pandaria, going from happy little Saturday night raider to angry "current raiding content is dumbed down for the casuals" grumpy faced grump.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Buggie! She's a friend of mine from WoW who applied here recently. We used to RP in a goblin guild together and have continued to play games together and RP outside of WoW.

I always wondered what a private WoW server dedicated to RP would be like. I never even thought one could exist, yet here you are! I'm excited to explore and see what's what here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All different kinds. I like fighting, talking, chilling, doing storylines, having one-on-one RP, and even just silly ridiculous stuff appeals to me. I like all kinds of situations, and every one has its own charms.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Goblins and rogues. Goblins are unlike any other to me. They're crafty, tricky, crazy, and have all sorts of bizarre gadgetry. My main character is a goblin, and while he's not much like your stereotypical goblin on the surface, he's still greedy, self serving, and scheming deep down inside.

Rogues, assassins, and thieves have always been favorites of mine. I love stealth games like Metal Gear, and ever since I played MGS1 I've been hooked on the sneak-sneak stab-stab. Every new RPG I play I almost always go for the rogue. RP wise, they're extremely flexible and don't necessarily have to restrain themselves to just being delicate or sneaky.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'd like to see people abiding by the lore and keeping things realistic. Also, if I never have to run across the things I've seen at Wayfarer's Rest on Moonguard again, I can die a happy man.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Quote:Furthermore, do not make a character that is "more powerful than everyone else." It definitely won't fly, and if it were allowed, everyone would likely have their characters be "all-powerful." This includes claiming titles for your character that you have not earned through roleplay on this server. As one example, do not make a character claiming to be the leader or high-ranking officer of an established organization. It won't fly. Furthermore, don't make a character with relations to any key lore figures. A good character doesn't need to rely on the importance/fame of established figures.

This. This so hard. If this quote were a tangible thing, I'd hug it, kiss it, and ask it to be my lifelong partner until death do us part.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes. I'm crazy about the Lore, and I don't think I'd need much instruction on that or how to RP, but being new to the server I probably will have some questions on how things function.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"The Alliance and its people thank you for your service." Spoke the deep and powerful voice of a human.

In a shady tavern within the city of Stormwind, a small group of soldiers had gathered around a table. An officer of the Alliance's military stood before a seated goblin, armored in sturdy leathers and shrouded in a ragged, dirty cloak. In front of the two men were tankards of ale, one scarcely touched, the other not having moved since it was set down.

It was silent after the officer had spoken, and the goblin simply stared at him with a dull expression on his face. He had been leaning on the table with his elbows, a finger brushing back and forth along the row of piercings that adorned one of his large ears.

"Well..." the officer started, clearing his throat. "Perhaps we could interest you in serving the Alliance on a more...permanent basis? Your loyalty would be greatly valued."

In spite of the officer's determined expression and powerful stature (especially when compared to the goblin), the nervous tone in his strong voice was detectable. Perhaps not to his underlings, who had been so conditioned to showing him nothing but the highest honor and respect. To the goblin across from him, however, it sounded as clear as a bell.

"Y'know my answer." He replied, his hand falling from his ear and resting upon the table. "Now if yer' finished yappin', maybe we could conclude my business here so's I can leave."

The goblin was far from being stupid. He knew how every man in that room felt about him. He knew that they didn't trust him. He knew they were uneasy. Most of all, he knew they feared him and what he was capable of doing. That is why they hired him, after all. They were cowards at heart, all of them. They were afraid to die, so they hired someone else to die for them. But what happened when he didn't die? Well, then they had to pay him the other half that they didn't pay him upfront.

He knew they wanted to weasel their way out of the arrangement, and that they'd try whatever they could to keep him from taking his pay.

"Of course..." the officer replied, attempting to push that reluctant tone out of his voice as much as he could. He turned and nodded to one of his men, who stepped forward with a small lockbox, setting it on the table in front of the goblin and placing the key on top of it. The goblin then took they key and opened the box.

The lid popped open to reveal a small stash of treasures. Gold and silver, with a few scattered precious gemstones. The goblin reached in, pinching a coin between his fingers and removing it from the box. He turned it before his face, feeling it in his hand and inspecting its faces.

"Two-hundred and fifty gold pieces, or items summing to the equivalent value." The officer spoke plainly. "Will this satisfy you, Boltknuckle?"

Boltknuckle dragged a nail over the face of the coin. It felt like a real coin. It looked like a real coin. It had the heft of a pure gold coin. He placed it back in the box, sifting through the contents further. He examined some of the gemstones. They weren't of an extremely high value, but added with the coins, the lockbox contained the agreed upon amount. The goblin took hold of the lid and shut it, turning the key and locking it once more.

"Everything looks to be in order." The goblin muttered, pulling the lockbox towards himself and taking it under his arm. He hopped down from his chair and stood at his full height, which now placed his head just above the table. "l look forward to conductin' business with ya again, sir."

"Hold on now!" The officer said, his expression changing for a split second before he corrected himself. "You're going to leave without finishing your drink? Don't squander my hospitality now..." He spoke with a smile, gesturing to the untouched tankard of ale across from himself.

That fabricated, friendly attitude was almost enough to sicken Boltknuckle. He knew what the officer was up to. The goblin looked over the rest of the troops, spotting a dwarf about his size. He smirked to himself.

"I wouldn't dream of it, sir...sadly, though, I don't really gots much of a taste for ale. Maybe one of yer' men would rather finish it for me, huh?" The goblin reached up to the table and took hold of his drink, walking it over to the dwarf and handing it to him. Out of the corner of his eye, the goblin could already see the officer turning pale. The dwarf, however, fixated on the drink and eagerly held his hands out to accept it.

"DON'T!" The human shouted loudly, his voice resonating throughout the empty tavern. The officer quickly moved to the dwarf and slapped the ale from his hands, his head snapping to the goblin with rage in his eyes. "Do you think yourself clever, you short little green-skinned maggot?!"

Boltknuckle could only smile in response, though the sharp, toothy grin faded quickly when he beheld the troops of the officer placing their hands upon the hilts of their weapons.

"Well, I like ta think of myself as having common sense, at least." He replied, adjusting the lockbox tucked under his arm. "If you got any hopes of dealin' with me in the future, you'd better not try anything like this again."

The officer clenched his gauntleted hands, glaring at the goblin. He was silent for a moment, his face turning red with anger before he huffed and turned, storming out of the tavern. "All troops, with me!" He shouted, looking back to the goblin as he reached the entrance. "You have twenty-four hours to leave the city of Stormwind, you demented little wretch."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope!
Hello Boltknuckle, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

A Goblin RPer! If you want to have any Goblin RP, you should totally PM me and bug me for some - I like to get RP on my Goblins, and they're my favorite race too. Same goes for you @Buggie - Goblins have to stick together! Also, thanks for introducing another player to the server!

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo