Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cursed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rQxFvVC.png]

A while back, I made a post in my blog about running horror events, and one of the options was about characters being put under some sort of spell and having to endure their fears through being cursed. Well, I've decided to go ahead and host one of these events. I still plan on doing some of the other events that I posted in the blog, but for now, I'm going with this one.

"Well get to the point Geoni, what's this one all about?"

Alright, alright, I'll tell you! Cursed will be a series of personalized events catering to the fears of a character by putting them under a spell that they have to find a way to break. Both the spell, and that journey, are bound to put him or her through a healthy serving of emotional trauma. There will be three options for the curse events, or to put it in better words, three types of curse events:

Transformation Curse

It is what you think it is: your character will be transformed into another form, perhaps a form that he or she would be afraid of having to take on (this will be done using a morph). This can either be the opposite sex, another race, or some sort of creature. As fun of an idea as it might be, I've ruled out inanimate objects since...they're inanimate and your character won't be able to move around if he's been transformed into...say...a wooden box. I put emphasis on being transformed into another humanoid form, since more can be done when your character can still speak and potentially be understood.

Illusion

This isn't necessarily a curse, but in having to encounter something that they didn't want to, they're cursed to face a fear. A mage will take on the form of somebody else, and torment the character in doing so, since this illusion could be that of something the character is afraid of, or somebody that the character loves or once loved. Or something else; there are many possibilities here!

Non-Event Curse

These are curses that are not set up to be a personalized event, rather, curses that the characters will be stuck with for a week or two, in other RP. One example of a non-event curse could be a character being muted, and unable to speak until the curse is broken or has worn off. Another would be a priest forcing somebody to confess a secret and then sharing it with all of the people that are close to the character. I don't have too many ideas for this, so I'm very welcome to your ideas. This is more about me offering a mage/priest to put your character under a curse you want them to suffer through more than anything.

Rules
[Image: G6YwjSG.jpg?1]

• You must fill out the proper application in order for me to create one of these events for you. The applications can be found below these rules.
  • If your curse is one that comes with being morphed, you are not permitted to RP outside of this chain until your character's curse is broken. Breaking this rule will result in not only being disallowed from any future participation in the event chain as a player, but can also come with a warning if breach of this rule goes too far. In the application, I've invited the chance for other players and their characters to be involved, but I also ask that you agree to being monitored by me, so it shouldn't become too problematic.
  • Characters under non-event curses are allowed, and encouraged, to RP outside of the cursed event. Hence 'non-event'. The illusion event can also coincide with another storyline and occur over multiple sessions.
  • Do not go into this event with the ambition of killing my curse-giving character(s). It would be hard to keep this going if all of them were killed off in the first few rounds of events! There can be combat involved, but I'd like to keep it to injury, please.
  • If your character is morphed into a form of another race or a sub-humanoid race, they'll not be able to speak that language if they didn't know it beforehand.
  • Any physical damage, injury, or mutilation that your character receives in a morphed form will be transferred back onto his or her original form unless it's of a body part that the original doesn't have (a tail being ripped or cut off, for example). Breaking a spell doesn't heal injuries.
  • These events are first come first serve, so there will be a wait-list if I get a large pool of applications. If I do, it might be a bit of a wait, but I'll get to you, promise!
  • As you should with all RP, please respect the server rules as you participate in the event(s).

Applications

These applications should be sent to me via a PM on the forums. For the non-event application, you may post here or send me a message on skype as well, if you have me as a contact. I'm going to poke you with lots of messages no matter what you do, so be prepared to check that inbox!

Transformation

Spoiler:

Quote:
  1. What will your character be transformed into (for ideas, read the event information or ask me)?
  2. Do you want a specific morph? If yes, please give me the displayID, which can be found in the page properties of the morph's wowhead page using Ctrl+f. If not, I'll find one for you.
  3. Is there somebody who would want your character to be transformed, and contact a mage for it to be done? If you don't know, I'll have to come up with this.
  4. Are there any other characters you would like to be involved in this? What are the names of the characters, and the names of those who play them?
  5. Are there any NPC characters you would like to see involved and puppeted in this? For example, a relative, friend, or co-worker of the character that doesn't have a player? Any complete strangers that you'd like your character to deal with in the process of being whatever they've been transformed into?
  6. Have you read the rules, and agreed not to break any of them? And do you also agree to being monitored by me as you RP with the morph?

Illusion

Spoiler:

Quote:
  1. What illusion of a person would you like your character to encounter?
  2. Is it an NPC character? If so, describe to me what the NPC might look like.
  3. Is it a player character? If so, who is the character and who plays the character? I'll need to get their permission, as well as information on the character's model and clothing/armor.
  4. What do you want the encounter with this illusion of a person to be about?
  5. Is there somebody that the character knows who would contract a mage to do this to your character? If so, tell me about it. If not, I can come up with something.

Non-event

Spoiler:

Quote:
  1. What spell would you like your character to be put under?
  2. How long do you want this spell to last? Or...
  3. How would you like to go about the spell being broken? Usually, it'd be through a visit to a spellbreaker, but if there's more to it, tell me here.
  4. Only if it's a confession spell: what is the question that will force out your character's secret, and who will hear about it (list player and character names)?

Other things to note: I'm also working on incorporating other potential event types into the chain, and they're under discussion. If you don't see something here that you'd like to see, discuss it here or send me a PM. I'm open to expanding this event chain to other types of curses. If you see something here that you don't like, tell me as well. Feedback is always good, and this is still pretty new and open to improvement (along with being a bit rough atm). Also, I'm pretty serious about the whole 'wait-list' rule, and with schedules being all over the place, that'll all have to be worked out behind the scenes, so be patient with me. Also I can start these on Tuesday. I have a test on Monday, so I'm studying for it this weekend. :/
(03-29-2014, 04:45 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ]It is what you think it is: your character will be transformed into another form, perhaps a form that he or she would be afraid of having to take on (this will be done using a morph). This can either be the opposite sex, another race, or some sort of creature. As fun of an idea as it might be, I've ruled out inanimate objects since...they're inanimate and your character won't be able to move around if he's been transformed into...say...a wooden box. I put emphasis on being transformed into another humanoid form, since more can be done when your character can still speak and potentially be understood.

What came to mind when I read that;
Spoiler:
[Image: GAoUQMW.jpg]

It would be the creepiest thing if it were allowed/possible though. -shudders-