Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Torrent File / Realmlist ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have the realmlist and torrent file for 4.3.4 sitting in a folder, and have no idea what to do with them. I've read through the forums and haven't found anything helpful.
So, first off, you have the torrent downloaded (as in you let it run through a torrent program) and have the unpacked WoW folder sitting on your desktop, yes?
I've never done anything with torrents. It's just a notepad thing I can open up to see a bunch of code at the moment. Is there any specific program I should use for this?
Yes! When you download a torrent, there is a specific program to run it through. I highly recommend http://www.utorrent.com/

It is a breeze to instal and use. Once you have that, run your 4.3.4a torrent with uTorrent. It will then do the true download and all that fun.

Once that is finished, right click the torrent file in the uTorrent panel and "stop" so that you don't leave it to seed. (That's generally how your internet provider will 'catch' you pirating)

Double click the torrent file to open the folder, drag and drop the 4.3.4a folder onto your desktop and go inside.

Go to Data -> enGB and you will see a file 'realmlist', open that with notepad. Drop the coth realmlist into that, save it, and start up WoW!

If you feel like getting the custom object patch, I wrote up a nifty guide here!

Hopefully this helped! If you get confused or run into any problems, feel free to bug me and let me know!
Alright, suspect this will take quite awhile since after three minutes it's 0.2% done, i'll see if it works! :P ETA 5 hrs XD
Heh. Have fun with it, buddy. Like I said, if you run into any snags, feel free to PM me over the forums or, if you have Skype, yell at me on there. chalker_is_cool_guy