Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A finn joins the fray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I can be considered as a typical finn, in person a shy and a quiet wanderer, behind a screen a playful tease, even if i find myself somewhat tempered and easy-to-aggrivate. I've had a interest for make-believe fantasies like dark ages, sci-fi, cyberpunk and other sorts, mostly in the form of roleplay since i was eight, and video games play a big part in this.. (For a note, i am eighteen as of 12th of march.)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from finland, the land of thousand lakes and where everything isn't ravaged with factories and all. Primary languages come as Finnish and English, and with a tiny-itty-bit of swedish & german. (My studies went horribly on those so i barely remember anything.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started from WC3 when my big brother introduced me to the custom games in battle.net, i was instantly hooked with the amounts of creativity that was poured into the custom maps and their game modes. There were also the sorts like SotDRP, XRP, etc, but those were prone to easy grief and trolls. As WoW first came around, the same scene played, my brother introduced me to the game and had me create a mage as my first character, a sort of a support role. This went till cataclysm till both of us lost interest, but i've dug up my old toys, and started again, this time in interest of roleplay.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Mostly in the main search for private servers to play on for added possibilities. I have found one server (which name i will keep to myself) that did little than make players sit in the ooc room most of the time talking of ERP..

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any and all roleplay will do as long as it's sensible and logical/realistic in a way.
I've done this for eight-to-ten years now, and have experienced all sorts of roleplay types.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren and trolls strike me as the most interesting due to their story and the fact they both seem native in a way. In a nutshell, i don't enjoy the sort of things that shine and have a perfect texture on them, the crude iron and cracked handle tells a story.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Mostly roleplay, hopefully alot of it, taking my first server. Activity and roleplay play two major factors in my choice of interest towards COTH, which i am curious to find out if i placed my interest correct.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Does all of them count? The fact this server has a well-established set of rules makes it easy to get along with others, along with enforcing userbase's maturity, small issues and quarrel have a possibility of being solved themselves. (Like adults!)

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes, take notice as this could change depending on if i find it necessary, but for the first few i wouldn't mind hearing out.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Under the night's veil, remained two darkspears, a young child, and a older mentor, struggling to teach this the way of the hunt, as he seemed to be quite a butter finger of his kind. A heavy sigh escaping the adult's lips as he settled next to the target again, murmurring to the child in zandali, "We've been over this many times..the center of mass, varies by the prey's shape, humanoid or not, it's usually by the point where most of the weight is distributed, in this case.." He pointed a finger at the target waistline, making sure the child saw this before setting back.

"Now, take a few steps back and try hitting it.." The child was instructed, a bow, just about average to his size held tightly in that iron grip as he lifted it to rest horizontally, a barbed, handmade arrow tucked inbetween his fingers as the child rather quickly pulled this shot off, barely scraping the target, yet missing.
The mentor sighed, walking over to the youngin', in a displeased tone speaking, "We've been over this many times..you take your time to aim, not just tug and let go." He was distraught, hiding this from the child as the adult paced at the sands quite, eventually beaming with a smirk and kneeling down next to the young one, "Tell me..has someone ever harassed you for being unable to do something or being different?"

A short silence, the child mumbling out something of the other kids establishing dominance over the others, him being one of the victims in this, a widening grin on that adult's face, "Now..don't ever do this unless your own life was at risk due to them..but pretend that standin'sack of sand is the big bully of your's, think you know how to do?" As the mentor backed to spectate, the child re-preformed his shot with a deep sigh, this time taking a bit longer to aim down, eventually letting go. A hit, not perfect, but never the less in the general area, causing a grin to his mentor, "Good, now try again.."

(As far as i am aware of, Zandali makes trolls sound like gentlemen, while their orcish creates that funny accent, correct me if i am wrong.)
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I will edit this if curious.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Teslabot has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, Teslabot, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

You sound like a swell guy, so I'm happy to welcome you to the server. Tauren and Trolls are great, and I enjoyed reading your story. And I think it's a combination of speaking a different language and having tusks that makes them sound a bit different. And funny sound can be played down or played up, depending one what the player prefers.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo