Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [HYJAL] Chapter 1: Nordrassil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Spoiler:

[Image: TLKSrUR.png]

CHAPTER 1: NORDRASSIL

“The Call to Hyjal” is a series of event chains that tell the tales of Mount Hyjal as per the Cataclysm storyline. The RP events are adapted from the actual questlines from the game, tweaked for RP and an emphasis on team efforts. Adventurers of all walks of life will join the Guardians of Hyjal, a subgroup of the Cenarion Circle, in battling the Twilight’s Hammer Cult and the maddened fire elements as Ragnaros rises from the Throne of Flame in hopes to destroy Nordrassil, the World Tree, in order to reach the Well of Eternity.

Hero players will be given opportunities to affect the world directly through their actions. At critical points, crucial lore figures such as Ysera and Malfurion Stormrage will appear to interact directly with player characters. In addition, the server’s residential Green Dragon, Shalara, will appear periodically to guide the players as they venture around the mountain to defend it against the Twilight’s Hammer.

Additional details to the storyline and event chains can be viewed here.

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-1: The Flight to Hyjal--COMPLETE

Druids of the Cenarion Circle and other adventurers alike gather in Nighthaven for a debriefing on the situation in Hyjal. After a bit of a wait, Shalara and the hippogryphs will arrive to fly the heroes to the forward outpost at the foot of Mount Hyjal. Little do they know, however, is that a devastating surprise await for them. Despite their weeks of preparation, they may not be prepared for what lies ahead in the skies over the Hyjal’s forests...

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Gather at the Flight Masters’ roosts south of Nighthaven in Moonglade (indicated below). From there, a debriefing will be given out before the players fly with Shalara to the forward outpost at the foot of Mount Hyjal (players will use their gryphons and wyverns OOC in place of actual hippogryphs IC). DO NOT actually use the Flight Masters--you all automatically have your own mounts (gryphons for Alliance players, wyverns for Horde). Flying to Hyjal by yourself will have you miss out on crucial story, and we will not wait for you to come back.

[Image: PoliJiU.png]

This event is a survival event, with no goal in actual combat except to survive the dangers that lie ahead of you all in the flight to Hyjal. You are responsible for your own HP. The player cap in the first event is 20. If you cannot make it to the first event, a repeat event will made available if enough of a sizeable turnout can make it by then.

EVENT TIME: 2:00 PM, Server, on Tuesday, 27. A repeat event will be made available if enough players who wish to join the opening Hyjal event cannot make it to the first. A working time for the repeat is 8:00 or 9:00 PM, Server, on the same day.

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-2: Inciting the Elements-COMPLETE

After narrowly dodging certain death by the sudden appearances of Deathwing and Ragnaros, the Guardians of Hyjal have recovered while those well enough to investigate have brought forth reports of Twilight scouts dangerously approaching Nordrassil. However, while these Twilights have been spotted, their actual locations are difficult to find. As the foot of Hyjal burns, Buhayos and other leaders of the Cenarion Circle urge the Guardians to seek out the scattered Faerie Dragons to aid them in hunting the Twilights out.

PRE-EVENT ROLEPLAY: Faerie Dragons do not trust mortal races easily--especially since the Twilights linger about endangering them as well as the rest of the mountain. As a means of gaining their trust, Buhayos will urge the Guardians to gather Juniper Berries as offerings to the fey. But beware: some of the much weaker Fire Elementals have also gone past the Cenarion Circle's defenses at the bottom of the hill. Gather enough to feed a handful of the faerie dragons so that enough will be able to assist the Guardians in sniffing the Twilight scouts out.

[Image: I2AGki2.png]

RP opportunities to gather and collect the berries will be made available throughout the week prior to the event.

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Gather at the entrance of Nordrassil Inn. If enough berries are collected prior to the event (ideally at least 2 per attending character), the search for the faerie dragons will begin without having to collect any more. Search for the faerie dragons and offer the berries to gain their trust, then prepare for a Twilight ambush as they seek through Twilight magic to find them out.

EVENT TIME: Tuesday, June 10. I'm considering doing 2 repeat events in addition to the first one. First event would be at 10:00 AM, second at 5:00 PM, and the third at 9:00 PM. These events will not take place at the same time IC (so event goers are actually scouting out the Twilights at different times), therefore allowing repeat attendees.

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-3: Flames from Above-COMPLETE

The Guardians have successfully searched through the cloaking magicks of the hidden Twilights as they attempted advacement for Nordrassil's roots. After some side patrolling, the Twilights' camp has been spotted northwest of Nordrassil itself. Hoping to have the aid of the Green Dragon Shalara via Tholo's Horn for wiping out this camp, the Guardians are planning to storm this camp to secure the mountain peak from its intruders. However, the Twilights still have more maddened allies on their side, with waves of Scalding Rock Elementals coming forth to burn the World Tree from the roots up.

[Image: zy40ENp.png]

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Gather at Nordrassil Inn, where the excursion for the Twilight camp will begin. Although Shalara can very easily take down the camp by herself, Scalding Rock Elementals will be approaching to make sure this victory won't be an easy one.

This event is an endurance event. Waves and waves of Scalding Rock Elementals will be coming forward to crush you as well as scorch you. While combat is the focus, survival is the greater goal.

EVENT TIME: 3 times available: Tuesday, June 24th, 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM ST; Friday, June 27th, 4:00 PM ST. The event shall be taken place at the same time IC, so repeat attendance on the same character (unless you are in the DM team) is discouraged.

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-4: War on the Twilight’s Hammer-COMPLETE

After the immediate Nordrassil peak has been cleared of scouting Twilights and their camp, the Guardians of Hyjal have remained at the barracks to defend that peak as the rest of the other enforcers of Hyjal move into the Verdant Thicket in an attempt to clear the occupied Circle of Cinders. However, the war against the Twilight's Hammer has been stalemating as more Twilights pour in just as fast as the Guardians have come forward. With news of a giant Elemental arriving at the Circle of Cinders, the Guardians who have been protecting the Nordrassil peak are now being called forward to aid the war.

[Image: G2EAqIm.png]

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Gather at the Nordrassil Barracks and prepare for the rush into the Verdant Thicket. From there, each event group will take on a select section of the Verdant Thicket and clear it of a battalion of Twilight Hammers.

This is a Good End/Bad End event, meaning there is a possibility of failure if the event objectives are not met. Event details are provided in the spoiler below:

[ spoiler]
  • This event, unlike the previous, has player HP of 12. Due to battle scale, the player cap is 10, excluding aiding staff.
  • You will be facing Twilight Vanquishers, Flamecallers, and Fire Elementals. At the start of the event, there will be a 1:1 enemy-player ratio of Vanquishers, 1:1 of Flamecallers, and just 1 Elemental. Defend rounds (not Attack rounds) will rotate with which Twilight will attack the player group (Vanquisher, Flamecaller, Elemental). However, with every Defend round with the Flamecallers, an additional Elemental will be summoned. Each enemy has 4 HP to your 12.

Your task is to take out the Flamecallers first despite the Vanquishers and Elementals to keep the numbers down. Failure to do so can result in a party wipe, and therefore, a Bad End.
  • Attack threshold is 65. Players must beat it to take off 1 HP from the target enemy.
  • Defense threshold is 65. If the threshold isn’t beaten, 1 HP is docked off from the player. If the player’s roll is below 20, 2 HP is docked off.
  • If player HP is depleted, the character will simply faint. A Hyjal Enforcer NPC will drag the character back to the Barracks for recovery.
  • CWs will be handed out if a player rushes into battle prematurely, attempts to take on the Elementals without facing the Flamecallers first, or try to enter the Circle of Cinders itself.

Rules have been added and tweaked.

ADDED:
  • AoEs are allowed once per player per event. This applies for both healing AoEs and attack AoEs. However, you must specify who you are attacking/healing and emote first before you roll, as opposed to my usual roll-then-emote. AoEs cannot strike/heal more than 4 targets at once. Roll number rules still apply, so 90+ for an AoE can result in up to 4 instant kills.
  • Heals are allowed and unlimited throughout the event. However, you will be sacrificing your attack turn to do so, and you can only heal one target at a time. Roll 3 to determine how much HP is restored.
  • During Defend rounds, if you rolled over the threshold but another player rolled poorly, you may give up your success roll to IC defend that teammate. You must arrange the HP swap with the other player, however, so you can coordinate your emotes.

TWEAKED:
  • Player HP is dropped from 12 to 7. This is to raise the stakes and allow a possibility for failure.
  • Attack thresholds are lowered to 50. However, Defend thresholds will be increased to 70. This is to ensure the HP drops faster on both sides of the battle.
[/ spoiler]

EVENT TIME: 4 times available: Tuesday, September 16th, 7:00 PM; Thursday, September 18, 12:00 PM; and Saturday, September 20th, 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM ST. Each battle will take place in different areas of the Verdant Thicket at different times IC.

Chapter 1-5: The Flameseer's Staff

Thanks to the efforts of the Guardians of Hyjal, even with some heavy losses and even captures, the defenders of Nordrassil managed to emerge triumphant and rescued their brethren from the clutches of the Twilight's Hammer. However, the push is not complete. Elementals are beginning to form another plan in how they will approach Nordrassil, and as our heroes searched the Twilight caves to rescue their captives, several Hyjal Protectors have fallen to as Revenants have formed.

Simply fighting them will not work; one blazebound Revenant is made up of ten smaller but still powerful Unbound Elementals, and without their bracers, they cannot be defeated the traditional way. It seems the artifact known as the Flameseer's Staff was brought to Hyjal in an attempt to aid the Guardians, but it seems to have been shattered in an initial onslaught of the Twilight's Hammer. With the growing numbers of the Unbound Fire Elementals, Archdruid Stormrage has decided to give this staff another try... but first, the Guardians must retrieve those fragments before the Twilights catch a second wind.

MISSION OBJECTIVE: The following 4-8 mini-events will make up one large event that will take place throughout a 2 week timeframe (preferrably shorter). In this time period, the players themselves will be planning and leading the excursions to search for 2 staff fragments per area. Players can designate a DM per party, and each party can be as large (or as small) as they wish. Below are the conditions in order to complete the objective:

Spoiler:
  • You must have at least 3 in your party. No solo or even duo excursions allowed. There is otherwise no limit to how big your party can be.
  • You must come back with at least 1 staff fragment (preferrably two) for your individual mission to be complete.
  • You the DM are responsible for coming up with your own event rules. However, they must comply with CotH server rules.
  • You MUST provide complete logs as proof that you RPed out the search and Elemental encounter. If you don't have Elephant, this is a good time to get it now. Designate a party member to send the logs, preferrably someone with the most stable internet (as client crashes can lose logs).

[Image: uvmRqKW.png]

Each OOC location of the Staff fragments (which resembles white bone-like sticks, enlarged for better visibility) is at one of these four burn spots, including the massive one in the Circle of Cinders itself. In addition, each of these burn spots have Elementals haunting close by. The burn spots have the following as numbers for each area as to designate difficulty:

[Image: QUZ0Ph1.png]
  • 1.) 2 Elementals, 1 Elemenalist
    2.) 4 Elementals, 1 Elementalist
    3.) 6 Elementals, 2 Elementalists - stealth recommended
    4.) 8 Elementals, 1 Revenant - stealth recommended

Due to phasing problems, only the Staff fragments are spawned but not the mobs. When you are ready to run your event, contact me or an assisting GM to spawn and change their factions before the event start. Refer to the above list and map as to determine what mobs you have to face/sneak around.

If you wish to lead an excursion, please contact me, @'Krilari', or @'Reigen', at least for OOC permission/notification if an IC appointment cannot be made (especially since Buhayos is recovering). Give at least me the rundown of your event plan and a time before you are given the go-ahead.

EVENT TIMES: The 2-Week Excursion Period begins Saturday, November 29 to December 13. Again, a shorter period and faster excursions are preferred.

The order of events will be as follows:

Quote:EVENT 1, LOCATION 3: Saturday, Nov. 29th, 5:00 PM ST; led by Roux (@'c0rzilla').

EVENT 2, LOCATION 2: Tuesday, Dec. 2nd, 5:00 PM ST; led by Sapna (@'FlyingSquirrel').

EVENT 3, LOCATION 1: Saturday, Dec. 6th, between 5-6:00 PM ST; led by Ninde (@'WindZealot').

EVENT 4, LOCATION 4: Friday, Dec. 12th, around 6:00 PM ST; led by Ysraeth OOC (@'muhaha8').

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-6: Flamebreaker

TBA

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-7: The Return of Baron Geddon

WHY AM I TICKING?

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-8: Emerald Allies

TBA

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-9: The Captured Scout

TBA

Spoiler:
Chapter 1-10: A Prisoner of Interest

TBA

>WHY AM I TICKING

pffffffffhahaha
Sadly I can't attend any events that'll be happening on that week, otherwise I'd love to come along. :c

Depending on the week, 2 PM server time is either the time I'm going to bed or the time I'm coming home from work.
A repeat event can be made available at a later time, either at 8-9:00 Server. Are you still unavailable then?
8-9:00 PM is when I'm getting up for work! :B Which is 5:00 in the morning for me. The next week however, I could come. Probably.
I still go to college myself, so i hope this will happen in the 8-9 pm area..
This is your neighborhood-friendly reminder that Chapter 1-1 will be taking place this Tuesday at 2:00 PM Server, with a repeat event available between 8:00-9:00 PM! The player cap is 20 on each event, so come as early as you can!
Tomorrow is the day! 2:00 PM and 8-9:00 PM Server!
The first event is over! Despite the chaotic bits and derps with the NPCs here and there, I hope everyone had a thrilling ride!

The repeat event will be made available tonight at around 8-9:00 PM! The player cap still applies (spectators excluded). If you've attended the first and wish to attend this one as a player (rather than a spectator), I strongly encourage you use a different character; otherwise, please consider that you must think of how to tweak the continuity between events (as different players and different variables/results in the event will occur), as these all happen at the same time IC. A Storyline post will be made after the second event to summarize what happened (so that players can track what has occurred by far).

If you've attended the event, please PM or Skype me a general gist of what happened with your character so I can include it in the Storyline post :)
The repeat event is over! By amazing coincidence, no continuity clashes have occurred: while Group 1 fell into the treetops, Group 2 fell in a building and managed their own little story of survival. We've also managed to work out the kinks that plagued the first event and have managed to smooth them out for the second.

I have nothing but a thousand thank yous for @Ural and @Krilari for puppetting/spawning NPCs and @Reigen for taking control of Shalara, our residential Green Dragon, and for everyone who came to the second event even if they came for the first. We don't do repeat events often in CotH due to how exhausting they usually are, but I hope they are nonetheless very rewarding for the players and the DMs involved.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for coming to the opening of the Hyjal story. We'll have a breather mini-event whenever CC/Hyjal folks are available, likely Friday at 4:30 PM; since this is a breather event, you are not obligated to go. As this is not part of the event chain, this gathering is mostly for our heroes to discuss what they just saw and how they could possibly defend Nordrassil now that Ragnaros has made his appearance and that Deathwing is still flying about.

Chapter 1-2 will be announced in a later date! Story updates and screenshots will be made available soon!

Quote:If you've attended the event, please PM or Skype me a general gist of what happened with your character so I can include it in the Storyline post :)
I've provided a summary of events so latecomers can join the party without missing much. Personal storylines will be an added post right after, though I'm still gathering impressions and summaries from other players.

The next mission is made available in the OP, plus opportunities for more casual RP.

Chapter 1-2: Inciting the Elements

After narrowly dodging certain death by the sudden appearances of Deathwing and Ragnaros, the Guardians of Hyjal have recovered while those well enough to investigate have brought forth reports of Twilight scouts dangerously approaching Nordrassil. However, while these Twilights have been spotted, their actual locations are difficult to find. As the foot of Hyjal burns, Buhayos and other leaders of the Cenarion Circle urge the Guardians to seek out the scattered Faerie Dragons to aid them in hunting the Twilights out.

PRE-EVENT ROLEPLAY: Faerie Dragons do not trust mortal races easily--especially since the Twilights linger about endangering them as well as the rest of the mountain. As a means of gaining their trust, Buhayos will urge the Guardians to gather Juniper Berries as offerings to the fey. But beware: some of the much weaker Fire Elementals have also gone past the Cenarion Circle's defenses at the bottom of the hill. Gather enough to feed a handful of the faerie dragons so that enough will be able to assist the Guardians in sniffing the Twilight scouts out.

[Image: I2AGki2.png]

RP opportunities to gather and collect the berries will be made available throughout the week prior to the event.

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Gather at the entrance of Nordrassil Inn. If enough berries are collected prior to the event (ideally at least 2 per attending character), the search for the faerie dragons will begin without having to collect any more. Search for the faerie dragons and offer the berries to gain their trust, then prepare for a Twilight ambush as they seek through Twilight magic to find them out.

EVENT TIME: Tuesday, June 10. I'm considering doing 2 repeat events in addition to the first one. First event would be at 10:00 AM, second at 5:00 PM, and the third at 9:00 PM. These events will not take place at the same time IC (so event goers are actually scouting out the Twilights at different times), therefore allowing repeat attendees.

10 AM event? Aww yiss.
I -might- be able to pop into a 10 AM event for a couple hours... I sure hope so!

Sent from my E210 with Tapatalk.
I might be able to attend this- someone yell at me if I get on skype and am not at the 10 o clock one.
First event starts 10 AM today!
Pages: 1 2 3