Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Escape from Jambo-Jambo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: world-of-warcraft-20041124023402622.jpg]

VOODOO. TROLL MUMMIES. TRAPS. TIGERS. GOLD.

MIND-WARPS. UNEXPLAINED WHATS-ITS. NOT-DEATHS.

ESCAPE FROM JAMBO-JAMBO

Escape from what now?
'Escape from Jambo-Jambo' is an interactive adventure extravaganza for 1-4 players and can last anywhere from 45 minutes per session to...hours depending on availability, momentum and interest. There is no set script. I will throw things at you, the player, and you (still the player) can interact with the environment in any way you see fit -- I will play off of you just as readily.

It does not have faction restrictions, class restrictions, guild restrictions, etc. etc. You just have to be willing to have fun with me. It can get a little silly sometimes, and I have tried to incorporate a balance of humor and suspense, but mostly the point is to just -do something-. Suggestions are welcome [during the event] and I may or may not use them willy-nilly.

Okay, sure, but how do I get in on it?
I will usually run it through Ziba (because then I can SPIRIT ANIMAL GUIDE YOOOU) but if you don't see a 'Ziba' anywhere, try looking for Caravan, Xanthe or Jubilee. If that doesn't work, you can poke at those Windwaker folks who have already had a taste of the Jambo Gumbo and @CappnRob can probably tell you if there's one going down soon or not. Assume that if I'm not online, the Escape isn't going down because I don't have time!

Come June 3rd, the Escape might only be a weekend or evening (EST evening) thing as I will be working camp Full Swiiing.

I don't know anyone and you said 1-4 people but I WANT TO ESCAPE FROM JAMBO-JAMBO!
Friend, you definitely don't need to know another player -- or characters knowing other characters -- to find yourself on the island. We can make it work, just trust in the improvtastical magic.

I definitely recommend at least two people going during a session, and unless I'm feeling spectacularly awesome that day I don't think I can juggle more than four people at once. The magic of EfJJ so far is that there is Group Stuff and there is Private Stuff. All characters get their own little weirdness (through whispers :D ) that can either stay totally private or... characters start flippin' out in the Group Time. It's fun.

Okay, but what actually is Jambo-Jambo?
The pretense is that it's a mysterious island that is mostly myth, partially legend, possibly existent. Or, as set-up in its inaugural run:

"An island shrouded in more myth than mist, spoken of in hushed whispers around smokey fires to both entertain and warn the young and the old. Many have made guesses of where it could be and many have tried to place it on a map. None have succeeded yet many have explored its ever-changing shores and ruins."

Jambo-Jambo is the name given to it by the trolls and, indeed, one of its "looks" uses troll places (because I love trolls and I love Stranglethorn Vale). It will have a name given by the Ramkahen (because ULDUM!) and a name given by the Dwarves. So, that's three possible locations :). While I discourage any character knowing all the things about the island (for reasons stated above) I am totally open to having characters (trolls, dwarves, avid adventurers) familiar with legends about it.

Characters Who Have Encountered the Island:
(Please note that if your character has gone before, they are not restricted from returning. That wouldn't be very fun, yeah?)

Hrodebert [Dwarf - Windwaker] [Jungle]
Norell [Goblin - Windwaker] [Jungle]
Iekei [Troll - Unaffiliated] [Jungle]
Urameil [Blood Elf - Pandemonium] [Jungle]
Verrix [Goblin - Unaffiliated] [Jungle]
Ausar [Tol'vir - Unaffiliated] [Desert] x2
Ereneas [Blood Elf - The Windwaker] [Desert] x2
Borvin [Human - Unaffiliated] [Desert]
Andra [Draenei - Shakur] [Jungle]
Barathil [Night Elf - Unaffiliated] [Desert]
Sapna [Orc - Unaffiliated] [Desert]
Zekuul [Troll - Unaffiliated] [Jungle]
Kela [Troll - Unaffiliated] [Jungle]

[Image: tiki.jpg]

Safe travels!

:|
This... Sounds like FAR too much fun!

Any chance a lowly Peon could have her poor little human lost on the island with a few new friends?
I would say "yes, specifically because you have a gentleman octopus as your avatar" but that would not be fair to my whole shtick about everyone can come and that's really the kind of atmosphere I'm trying to promote.

Yes, specifically because you have a gentleman octopus as your avatar.
Yes, because I'm totally not interested due to that perfect, wonderful Carlos you have there.

Awesome.
Too many characters (of mine), so little time ;-;
Expect a Goblin and his Gruntling.
[Heavy Breathing]
More chances to mess around on Eren? Yus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoiler:
[Image: 14j91fm.gif]

I WILL BE A PART OF THIS.
Summer Camp is coming to a close by this Friday, and as such I will be finding myself with more pockets of free time (maybe :| ). Looking forward to bringing this back!
(08-10-2014, 07:57 AM)Caravan Wrote: [ -> ]Summer Camp is coming to a close by this Friday, and as such I will be finding myself with more pockets of free time (maybe :| ). Looking forward to bringing this back!

Yes.
Kabuus is love. Kabuus is life.
JAMBO JAMBO JAMBO I DONT WANNA GO TO THE JUNGLE OH NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

c:
As if Urameil didn't get enough nightmares.

C:
Pages: 1 2