Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [Ashbridge] Sellswords Requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cleanly printed fliers have begun to appear on each major cities' Hero Boards.
Each bears a Human Noble House's emblem, yet their presence in Horde settlements is an open invitation for all races to answer its call.

[Image: mDJVBsZ.jpg]

[Image: vpE9QNP.jpg]
The Event

Sellswords Requested is the opening event of the House Ashbridge guild. It is a combat-focused event intended to introduce individuals interested in the guild to the groups over-arching storyline.

The event will focus on the mercenaries and heroes being tasked with retrieving important documents from House Ashbridge's abandoned estate. Yet the years of neglect have not been kind to the estate, and it is now home to terrors beyond just Syndicate thugs and wild animals.

The event will have some horror-elements, so if players are squeamish or do not enjoy paranormal activities in their combat-events, I would advise against applying to participate.

The event will be held on June 8, 2014 at 4 p.m. Server Time. Characters will meet in the Hearthglen Tavern.

[Image: vpE9QNP.jpg]
Roster

There are currently plans to only have six people participate in this event. If you are interested in participating, please send me a private message with your intended character's race, class and name.

All races, factions and classes can participate in this event. No previous history with the guild in-character or out is required.

1. Saia (MstrCorvus)
2. Claire (WindZealot)
3. Gavin (Avitz)
4. Singerius (DaveM)
5. Jonoth (Jonoth)

If you have any questions about the event, you can post them below, message them to me on Skype (Rosencrat) or send them to me via private message.
MstrCorvus has been added to the roster.

Post below or pm me if you are interested in joining!
I want in on Claire! ^-^
You know what. If I can manage to stay up that late, I'll toss Gavin in on these antics.
The event time has been changed to accommodate a schedule problem. From 3 pm ST to 4 pm ST.

If that is a problem for anyone, let me know!
When you say combat oriented what sort of system are you planning on using?
(06-07-2014, 01:06 PM)Vrahn Wrote: [ -> ]When you say combat oriented what sort of system are you planning on using?

The event will be broken into two parts: Basic Combat and Open Exploration. The Basic Combat event will be regular 100 roll combat with 5 HP and one heal. It will be turn based, with each individual player given the ability to emote. The only difference is that they will have the opportunity to roll before writing their attack emote, so they can build in if they hit or not.

The reason it is not a complete combat event is because, after this first interaction, the group will be given a challenge and will have to explore the estate. The exploration will be open and not revolve around turns, with the DM (Myself) emoting in response to any actions they do. If they do anything dangerous/if something attacks them during this time, they will have to do a threshold roll to avoid damage/an effect.
Cool. :)

I don't want to yoink a spot as I'm uncertain if I'll be available for that time but if it turns out I am I'd love to show up.
If I'm home in time I'm up for this! If not/spots fill up I'll still find time to get involved with the house.
(06-07-2014, 05:29 PM)Jonoth Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm home in time I'm up for this! If not/spots fill up I'll still find time to get involved with the house.

That's fine! Sign ups will be open right up till the event starts. If you want to see if a spot is open, just hop in game at 4 and see if you can squeeze in.
Ah! Oh no, I'll be at work till it's well underway!... Well, if I have my mathematics right at least.

Tsk. I guess I'll have to miss this one, Rose darling. Oh well.
Muahahahaha! You fell into my trap, Rose! You actually made a BETTER time for me!
What's this? Mercenaries AAAAND Horror elements? Count me i----
Shoot, I got work. If there is a part 2, I'd love to come.
The roster has been updated!

Just a reminder: The event is tonight at 4 PM St.
I might stick in Aimee or Tarak.
Pages: 1 2