Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hi everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jumping in as a new player, here! Just me and my fiancee. I'm really looking forward to it! I want to meet each and every one of y'all. And hug everybody. ...Everybody. There will be hugs! I still have a lot to read up on, there's a whole lot to look through on here, but input from others always helps as well! What say you, community? Have any advice for an old WoW nerd in for a heavy RP server? I'm especially curious about claims for the 'OOC' room. I'm mystified on what it is, what it looks like, and how to get there.

Pelt me with replies, if you like! I'll be here![/i]
Well, the OOC room is GM island, and it's typically where those not in character hang out. You can get to it via-- actually, just let me copy paste something for ya.

In-game, there are purple portals scattered about. The primary OOC area is under Neutral Hubs, and is named "GM Island". This is where people loiter between roleplaying. I would also suggest that you /join chat and /join barrens once you get in-game, as we tend to prefer keeping LFG open for people looking for roleplay. We also have a few commands of note available to all players. Firstly is .lo rp <item>. This command will show all spawn-able RP items that match the criteria of the name. Then, you take the six numbers next to the item and add them to .add <000000>. This armor is wearable, but holds the same armor restrictions as it would on retail (I.E., we don't have Priests in Plate). We also have the .scale command, which functions from between .9 and 1.1, changing your in-game size.

There. Hopefully, that can get ya good for the OOC functions. Of course, hooking up with someone who already is settled on the server can net you some information I missed, and generally be a good way to get involved.
I won't lie. I did something akin to this:

Spoiler:
[Image: 6468-rave.gif]
I'm just glad I found the right pic so quick!

That all sounds awesome. I've never seen GM Island before, that should be really interesting! Good to know for the chats, I'll have to jump into each accordingly.

Though, I'm curious about the RP item thing. Couldn't that be used as an in-game exploit? Or is that something not too much of a problem here?* I think that if I use that... I'd personally restrict from questing with it. Because, I'm weird like that. The scaling thing is absolutely delightful, however! Keeps things a little more customizable for characters, a lot of my characters ended up being shorter than the average. I'm looking forward to that one!

Thanks very much for the information. It's appreciated!

*I logged in. Ohai, level 60. Maybe it's not a problem after all :O
Sad thing is? That -is- what she did. That was her exact response. Tongue hanging out and everything.
Oh god. That's equally parts horrifying and funny. And the thing with the items is that the only stat they have is that each added item gives you 25 stamina. On top of this, they can't be sold to vendors, so it's rather non exploitable.
@Reigen has a lovely guide for beginners here If you're so interested. Should include just about everything you need to get started.
Otterpaw and Beargrin. You are surely related!

Welcome to CoTH, will you survive the summer?!
I can tell you for a fact that by general consensus, both of your introductions were impeccable! Sadly, that also means that you are now the community's chosen ones, and failure to match our expectations'll probably result in a permanent ban. Mwa-ha-ha.

As someone who prefers Horde races to Alliance ones, I'm glad at the influx of new players who enjoy - particularly - the WC3/Core Horde races. I previously had a guild dedicated to those three especially, but I may bring up something that targets those same races in the future.
Quote:Posted by Krilari - Today 02:38 AM
@Reigen has a lovely guide for beginners here If you're so interested. Should include just about everything you need to get started.

Thank you very much! I'm sure it'll be useful. Bear and I were both running around like tourists today, freaking out at all the cool things in GM island and unexpected surprises in what were otherwise familiar spots. For example, goblins mining kaja-mite in Blackrock, we were both startled to see that!

Quote:Posted by Sorum - Today 06:44 AM
Otterpaw and Beargrin. You are surely related!

Welcome to CoTH, will you survive the summer?!

Related? In some way or another. As in... we're engaged! We each picked those names because those (the animal parts, at least) are our totem animals in the indian zodiac. I do think they fit us fairly well enough! And, I think we will. Especially since I've taken a huge break. I'm going to be enjoying it.

Quote:Posted by Maulbane - Today 06:54 AM
I can tell you for a fact that by general consensus, both of your introductions were impeccable! Sadly, that also means that you are now the community's chosen ones, and failure to match our expectations'll probably result in a permanent ban. Mwa-ha-ha.

As someone who prefers Horde races to Alliance ones, I'm glad at the influx of new players who enjoy - particularly - the WC3/Core Horde races. I previously had a guild dedicated to those three especially, but I may bring up something that targets those same races in the future.

I'm glad you liked them! I actually feel like I didn't do as well on my intro as I could have. I'd worn myself typing with everything, that by the time I got to the story part, I was at low fuel. I'll have to prove myself as better than what the intro indicates! But, you can bet, I'll do my best.

And... yup. For a while, I refused to play anything BUT the core Horde RP, much to the indignant dismay of some other peeps on retail WoW. The blood elves and forsaken got grumpy at us. I do like the three, Troll Orc and Tauren, and I've been in a guild or two that was restricted only to them. Though really, one of the only reasons why I actively sought out a guild like that is because I kept having to join guilds that were entirely blood elf, so... you can bet I was trying to mix it up a little.

Mmmm... I once had a Forsaken who was overweight until he looked like a walrus... really gross and unappealing, and liked to bake cakes and creep on people at the bar. The latter sure guaranteed a white-knight scenario and 'forced' people to RP together when otherwise they'd be standing on opposite sides of the room staring shyly at each other.

I can be sneaky.
To explain Blackrock, it was converted around when we switched to Cata into the Undermine! You can read up on it and see a helpful map of what the heck's going on there o'er here.

The idea of a corpulent deader actually does interest me, though. I've had a couple of forsaken and run a guild based around them in the past, but I've not strayed from their militaristic side much, which I'm kinda disappointed about.
(06-15-2014, 03:51 AM)Maulbane Wrote: [ -> ]To explain Blackrock, it was converted around when we switched to Cata into the Undermine! You can read up on it and see a helpful map of what the heck's going on there o'er here.

The idea of a corpulent deader actually does interest me, though. I've had a couple of forsaken and run a guild based around them in the past, but I've not strayed from their militaristic side much, which I'm kinda disappointed about.

Ahh, wonderful. I'll have to read up on that, as well!

Also... I could always bring Mr. Vlad Gribble back. I've been wanting to RP him again lately, just because he was so entertaining, and had to be my most un-charismatic character ever... but dangit, he could bake a good cake! If you got room for another, I could bring him around!

I even have a sketch from when I used to play him. Forsaken Priest, primarily healer, constantly burned by his own spellwork. Warning, it's a big picture!
Spoiler:
[Image: vlad___priest_of_gluttony_by_kryodrache-d48gm3i.jpg]
You and Beargrin kinda remind me and @CappnRob. I was the first one to find CotH and I introduced him to this community. We also hope to marry.

Let's go be cute together! :|
(06-15-2014, 09:06 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]You and Beargrin kinda remind me and @CappnRob. I was the first one to find CotH and I introduced him to this community. We also hope to marry.

Let's go be cute together! :|

Awwww!

Yes. All of the cute. We shall both cute the server until everyone's waging war against the hearts floating around like zeppelins.
Welcome! Nice to see new faces. I just re-installed recently and am eager to get back into some wonderful RP. If you ever have a question, feel free to ask me things, if you'd like.

As for RP, if you ever need a young human sellsword to ride along on a journey...Hello! Meet my Jethro.