Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [June 28 - July 6] The Gilda Memorial Shootout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Gilda_Memorial.png]
Ledger
Participants:
Katelyn Toussaint (2)
Gavin Bronzecrest
Jasmine Roberts
Jeminey Talesinger
Ligerat Silversaddle (2)
Nicole Hayes
Drake Simmons
Jethro Morrison
Enfield Thelwind
Alaine Thelwind
Ligerat Silversaddle

Gold raised: 11
Gold donated: 22
Charity donated to: Stormwind Orphanage

Golden rifle tickets won: 3
Ticket holders:
Winner! Jeminey Gift
Ligerat
Nicole

Pistol rounds used: 30
Rifle rounds used: 85
Arrows shot: 5
Arrows lost in the water: 1
Trick Shots attempted: 6

Pssst. @Vladdy .

You may finally get to use that gun on something else then rabbits.
Postponed until tomorrow! Ran out internet.. I hate when that happens.
Kate's first act after being broken out of a torture dungeon? Go to a big party and clean up the contests.
I have not forgotten about you, my little project. However, I have also not forgotten about the tree that came down last Monday. So I'm going to take a break from building and get to choppin'! Furthermore, I'm going to a baseball game later tonight on "Dime a Dog" night.. I can't be missing that either!!

Tomorrow; July 1st at around 6:00am server time, there will an archery shoot hosted by Lady Winters. Teachers are encouraged to come as well as those wishing to learn how to use this rustic hunting skill. Elves welcome. It's easy to get there, just take the Portal to RP Locations > Arathi Farm. Feel free to hang out on the grounds for casual, gun-centric RP. Just send me a private message with what character is attending so I can keep an accurate count of the gold coin entry.

"Six on the Beach"
Spoiler:

This is a pistol range set at around 30 yards from the shooting area. It is designed to be shot with a "six gun" or a western-type of revolver.
The idea is to go as fast as you can and still hit all the targets.

[Image: Six_on_the_beach.png]

Skill Challenge: Easy
Supplies: Two different revolvers and boxes of ammo.

"Split the Axe"
Spoiler:

[Image: Split_the_axe.png]

Now this one is a bit trickier! The idea is to hit the axe head just right to 'split' the bullet and break both jars. The setup is 50 yards. Each person who manages to complete this trick shot will be placed in the drawing for the golden rifle. Must be supervised by either Lord or Lady Winters.

[Image: Split_the_axe_closeup.png]

Skill Challenge: Difficult
Supplies: Due to the intricate nature of this shot, people are encouraged to use their own firearm. However, one standard rifle will be left on the bench for those without a gun. Pistols are prohibited, as they will not achieve the proper speed to split uniformly. Boxes of ammo and spare jars are supplied at the bench.

"Archery Range"
Spoiler:

This is the token archery range House Winters has setup for those with a different outlook on hunting and/or sporting fun. The first target is set up at 30 yards, and the second one is set up at a challenging 60 yards.

[Image: Archery.png]

Skill Challenge: Medium to Difficult
Supplies: Ideally, the first target should be attacked with a typical recurve bow with around a 40 lb draw. The further target is more for your advanced compound bows or even crossbows. Due to the Winters' lack of experience and being unable to craft a bow and/or crossbow, one has been rented from the Stormwind Army. It is on the bench and a few crates of bolts are next to it.

More to come later!
(06-30-2014, 06:44 AM)Ural Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow; July 1st at around 6:00am server time, there will an archery shoot hosted by Lady Winters.

I forgot to pick up my truck from town last night, so I need to go get it while I still have a ride to town. Thus, the archery event will be postponed until tomorrow at 6:00am server time.

In the meantime I hope to get some shooting in between 8:00am and 2:00pm today. Come and get your redneck on!
"The Rifle Range"
Spoiler:

This is a rifle range intended to practice your long shots. You'll notice the two close targets on the left, those are for shotgun enthusiasts! The two towards the right is your average distance and then you have the long shots in the middle. See that little target on the right? That's your challenge shot. Hit the target and you'll get a prize. Hit the jug on top of the target stand? Everyone on the grounds will hear a loud explosion and you'll be entered into the gold-plated rifle raffle!

[Image: Rifle_range.png]

Skill Challenge: Easy to Difficult!
Supplies: A few different types of rifles supplied by House Winters and cases of ammo. This one is the main attraction, according to the hosts.

"Kiss the Chef!"
Spoiler:

What's a party without food? This week's festivities is brought to you by the food group of MEAT. And apples. And a special brew called "Appleshine". Matharius usually runs the grill but feel free to offer to help or if he's nappin', grill your own food!

[Image: Grill.png]

"The Pier"
Spoiler:

Where will you take your food now that it's cooked? To the pier! We've got a few chairs under umbrellas to keep the sun (or rain) off your back. There are plenty of towels if you want to go swimming, but you have to bring your own swimsuit!

[Image: Pier.png]
A running tally of participants and stats have been added to the main post!
[Image: socializing.png]

Ducks in a Row
Spoiler:

[Image: 07_02_2.png]

Trick Shooting
Spoiler:

Some people just crave attention.

[Image: 07_02_3.png]