Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gallow's End Tavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This tavern was a great place for people to meet and get some passive for Horde rp in the Eastern Kingdoms, specifically for Forsaken rpers. I'd like to see this tavern added to the game in it's original fashion, somewhere around Brill. It'd give Forsaken rpers more wiggle room for exactly what they're doing when they're not adventuring.

P.S. While I'm asking, I'll ask if some houses could be placed along the roads of Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest and possibly a few sprinkled in Hillsbrad Foothills. Maybe even an inn of some kind at Thoradin's Wall?
Anyone gonna show some support here? Every time I go to the Alliance zones I see new buildings and fortifications popping up, but Forsaken zones never get any love.
I don't play much forsaken myself, I think it'd be neat to see more buildings around there. Maybe add some new blood to Forsaken RP.
I do somewhat agree with this, but I would recommend having the tavern along the road somewhere between the "Death's Watch Waystation" and "The Bulwark". I'm not sure if the land is flat enough to spawn some sort of tavern-like building, but one could check if they were able to.
Gallow's End's architecture is much different from what Brill has, so it would be kind weird to have it nearby. Brill is actually a really nice place for some RP considering it has some.. "Questionable" items like the plague vats and etc around... And I'm sure there's some IC reason why no one would go to Brill, the Forsaken are pretty creepy...
It would make sense if we really wanted a tavern that could also cater to the.. Living.. /cough It should be placed along the road going towards The Bulwark. Who would want to stay in Brill? I wouldn't sleep-- HOW COULD I SLEEP?! THEY HAVE COFFINS!
Some native looking housing for the Forsaken to inhabit would be nice for all, I think. The new Forsaken architecture is fitting for sure, but the layout is weird and the lack of furniture makes rping awkward. Kind of like making a sand castle without a bucket. You can still make a good basic sandcastle without one, but it's a heck of a lot easier with the right tools.
Duskwood houses/buildings could probably be spawned, but I'm not sure if the fancier, newer Forsaken buildings are regular spawn items. While I don't want to say we're limited in what we can spawn, we cannot spawn everything. Forsaken-unique buildings might be patch items only. I'll have to take a look through the normal spawn list.
It wouldn't be much skin off my back if the newer buildings couldn't be spawned. I'm asking for the older style buildings. I read (from somewhere) that the reason Brill was rebuilt was because the pre-Cata-quakes knocked the old ones down. Wouldn't be too hard to imagine some of the old buildings surviving.
The tavern before was basically like human taverns but the outside looked run down and creepy.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using Tapatalk
Just had another thought. Lordearon City! It's all opened up, tons of flat space and Forsaken citizens squatting in old squares and sitting in water fountains. Why not add some buildings there too? There's tons empty space just brimming with potential.
I don't know if the effort is justified.. There is a lack in active Forsaken characters. That for the effort would go to waste in my opinion, just like it would be if the Staff would pretty up Tauren dwarf or gnome areas.. Sad, surely.. But the staff used to pretty up areas for races when that particular race seen an increase in activity. Like the Blood Elves back in the blood elven era a year ago or something. I believe a GM made a really nice bar in the bazaar in Silvermoon. I think it was Reigen? No idea but she is the only Belf enthusiast that comes to mind right now..
See I'm feeling I'm not 100% in the right here, because my ability to actively play on the server right now is coming and going like the tides, but I'm proud to say that I'm very much a Forsaken player. Looking at my list of toons would say I only have forsaken characters as it is right now. I love RPin in the forsaken areas and would absolutely adore any kind of spruce up the areas could get. I'm certainly not asking anything big here, just a tavern would be great on it's own sense. The little outcropping of houses that used to be there pre-cata would still be awesome, but hardly too needed because, as pointed out, forsaken RP might be tad on the low right now. Regardless, I'd very much support some development in that area, even if it's small. Every little bit counts.
Quote:I believe a GM made a really nice bar in the bazaar in Silvermoon. I think it was Reigen? No idea but she is the only Belf enthusiast that comes to mind right now..

This was built before I was promoted to a GM, or just when I became one and couldn't build yet. Either way, Credit for that goes to Krilari and Rigley. I just gave suggestions. We did used to have houses spawned along the pathways spawned by @Rigley back on WOTLK. I'm sure if you ask nicely, he wouldn't be against putting up some non-patch buildings like before.
Sorry for replying to this late! Issues on my end, hopefully clearing now. I should be able to transplant the objects over without too much trouble, but since I'm still doing some work about I may try and task other GMs to furnish them. I -think- there could be a fair place for a two-story human home with the older 'duskwood' style of buildings (formerly used by the Forsaken) which has doubled as an impromptu inn before.

I think I meant to go through and re-add those objects along the road passing by Undercity, it just slipped my mind. I'll try and get to re-adding stuff once I'm off work and if I can find a spot I'll go ahead and get the tavern spawned up in full.
Wasn't able to get to this since the wrath objects aren't able to be referenced yet. If push comes to shove I'll do it manually, but wrath assists greatly with spawning objects in precision.
Have buildings from pre Wrath been able to get put in?
Pages: 1 2