Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Trouble Extracting WOW files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I used http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-4a-15595 by Kretol to install WOW and get playing on COTH. I used the second option with the four files and managed to download them using U Torrent. Where i run into trouble is extracting the files into a normal folder made by me called World of Warcraft to get all the files together. The error that comes up is I/O device error. I have pictures but dont know how to post them on this forum. Any advice on solving my extracting issues?
If you have pictures, host them on an external hosting site. Imgur, tinypic or photobucket are all good sites to use. Just Google them. :)
@Kretol .

What program have you tried to Unzip them with? Still using Winzip? Did you check the file through Utorrent? (Mentioned in the other thread.)

Edit; Just saw that you tried that.

(06-23-2014, 02:34 PM)arvinrocks23 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay cool and I tried using 7 zip and the error said it was I/O device error or something like that and I see that it says force recheck in u torrent but it won't let me select it...

Silly question perhaps, but did you stop the file in uTorrent beforehand? When it is downloading/uploading, the button gets grayed out.
Well I stopped it from seeding if that's what u mean. Like I stopped the download once completed but it is still green
[Image: ForceRecheck_zpsb35bffba.jpg]

Here's a picture. Supposedly that option fixes any missing files by redownloading them. If that doesn't get any new files, it shouldn't be corrupted; What program do you use to extract the archives with?
I'm using winrar but I tried winzip and 7 zip and both didn't work to. And yea ill try the re check thing
How unusual. :T Not sure why it does that if you stopped the torrent. I don't know too much on I/O errors; Tried a uTorrent reboot? PC reboot?
I did the force recheck and like 50 percent through it said it can't be done due to an I/O device error and like a couple minutes later my computer restarted itself because it said a threat was found

Yes everything
I have a streaming client for Wow 4.3.4 (downloads WoW while playing). I also told Kretol about it, but he said several people had issues with it, while it has worked perfectly for me. I could give you that one if you want? (If the upload rules on the forums allows it)

As for your problem, the extraction should work. I am not exactly sure how to fix it.
I suppose we could have folks try a streaming client again. I'll see about making a thread when I get home.

(Posted from teh phonez!)