Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tales and Legends across Azeroth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OOC] Preface
Spoiler:
In my RP as Sapna, I've told a few Orcish legends/tales. A few have been more satire-based, but others are more serious. So, Cerb and I had the idea to start a thread where others can potentially put their own, or use the already put up ones in RP. Plus, it's nice to have a little place to put them all.

Either way, all of this is fanon. Plus, most legends and tales IRL are fairly embellished, so I would be surprised were it not the same here. If it doesn't fit your ideals, then feel free to just ignore it.

By no means is this restricted to Orcs -- most cultures across Earth have had their own share of legends, and I could only truly see the Draenei without. So, feel free to post, whatever culture it may be related to.

The Lok'tra of the Creation of the Thunderlords, and Worg-Riders.

Thunderlords and worgs were linked ages back, united against a common foe -- that of a local, terrorizing Earth Giant. For years, the Thunderlords -- back then a nameless warband with no home, for fear that the Giant would destroy it -- had been trying to kill the Giant for years, in order to make the surrounding lands habitable. However, whenever they were to get close to the giant, they were smashed. You see, their strategy of hitting the giant's ankles until he fell would take time, and they were too slow to properly have that time. Thus, it was up to the leader of the Warband to come up with a solution, before all were to die.

The leader of the Warband sat, and he thought long and hard about how to overcome this obstacle. And finally, he knew how to. He approached the alpha worg of the closest pack, and made an offer. The Worgs and Orcs would team up to beat the giant, and together bask in the glory of the achievement. As well as this, the leader of the Warband argued that they would be much stronger together than apart, something again mutually beneficial. The offer enticed the alpha, who's own pack had once tried to defeat the giant, and he agreed to it.

So, they banded up, with each member of the Warband finding their equal within the Pack. And then, they set out to the giant. The cunning, agile worgs, combined with the large, mighty Orcs made for a very fearsome foe. Whereas the Orcs had been to slow to dodge the giant previously, the worgs moved them out of the way. And where the worg's fangs could not pierce the stone skin of the giant, the Orc's weapons had no issue.

For a day and a night, the Orcs and Worgs worked together to hew the giant's legs, akin to how they might work against a giant tree. And while casualties were high, both the Alpha and the Leader knew that they were to win. Eventually, the wounds became too great for the Giant to stand, and he toppled to the ground. The riders quickly set to covering him with ropes, to the point where the Giant could do little but blink. Together, the Leader and the Alpha climbed up to the giant's chest.

The Leader prayed and thanked the Ancestors and Elements for making such a victory possible. He asked for one last favor, in order to properly slay the Giant, and let all know who had done it. The Ancestors and Elements looked down favorably upon him, for in his hands materialized a spear of Lightning, and with the blessing of the Alpha and his warband, the Leader thrust the spear downwards with a great shout.

The thunder clap was heard all over Draenor, stunning every living thing under the force of the vibrations of sound. In the aftermath of the battle, the Worgs and Orcs forever pledged themselves to their partners in the battle. In time, the Warband came to be known as the Thunderlords, and as the greatest giant slayers and worg riders on Draenor.