Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bay Club's Week-o'-Fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the discerning and intrepid
adventurer, anti-social and alcoholic...

[Image: 0VQLTLN.jpg]

To help kick-off the new player-run tavern, The Booty Bay Social Club, I will be hosting a string of small, fun diversionary events.

These events will be staggered over three days and held at varying times, to allow for players from different time-zones and with different schedules to participate. Each event is also designed to tickle a player's specific wants: There will be combat and socializing in equal measure, to allow for all players to indulge.

All events will be located in the Booty Bay Social Club and will be open to all classes, races and alignments.

Day 1 : The Nemesis Fights
Type: Combat
Date: July 23 at 4 p.m. S.T
Overview: Boss battles are ubiquitous within World of Warcraft. But, as heroes, it is our role to eternally play the scrambling peon, never the big-bad fire-breathing beast.

The Nemesis Fights will change that.

Each round, four players will volunteer. Out of the four, one will be randomly chosen to become the 'Boss.' They will be able to pilot either a magic-based or melee-based machine suit, which will grant them health and melee bonuses to help even the odds in a three-against-one fight. The winner is the last one still standing at the end.

Day 2 : Friendship Wars
Type: Social
Date: July 24 at 12 p.m. S.T
Overview: Love is a battle-field. And making friends is a skirmish. Friendship Wars is competition that forces the usual world-weary warrior to make themselves genuinely likeable.

Every thirty minutes, each contestant will be put into a new pair. During that time, each member of the pair will socialize with one another in the hope that, after the time is up, they will be give a 'Like' vote. The person with the most 'Likes' at the end of the event wins.

To keep the entire event entertaining, a selection of diversions will also be handed out to both participants and observers. Alcohol with unique properties, drinking games and even a bit of mischief will all be rolled out for the patron's enjoyment.

Day 3 : Great Debater
Type: Debate
Date: July 25 at 2 p.m. S.T
Overview: A rekindling of the popular Felfire Club debates, a familiar face with moderate a discussion.

The debate topic for this inaugural event is an old favorite: Sunwell Restored: Should Blood Elves Return to the Alliance?.

More information about how the event is organized and run is present in the old thread, and will be repeated as well before the debate event.

If you have any questions, comments or feedback, let me know! The event may change as the week progresses, so stay tuned!
As I've been thinking about giving coth another go lately, this is probably a great opportunity.

Though, if I've made my calculations correct, these times are troublesome for European based players. In Sweden these events would start at 1AM, 3AM and and 11PM respectively. I know most people are on summer break, but staying up at these times kinda suck.

EDIt: worded it a bit better.
(07-21-2014, 02:56 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: [ -> ]As I've been thinking about giving coth another go lately, this is probably a great opportunity.

Though, if I've made my calculations correct, these times are troublesome for European based players. In Sweden these events would start at 1AM, 3AM and and 11PM respectively. I know most people are on summer break, but staying up at these times kinda suck.

EDIt: worded it a bit better.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I took your advice and moved the second event, Friendship Wars, to 12 p.m. ST. I'll have to leave a little ways in for an hour to run an errand, but it should be in full enough swing by then to continue seamlessly for the majority of the day.
Awesome.

I'm gonna try to get back into RP after a looong time and I have a hard time coming up with a better way to come back into swing than your Friendship Wars idea there. Like a glove.
I'mma come.
(07-22-2014, 12:43 AM)WindZealot Wrote: [ -> ]I'mma come.

Best quote 2014.
Updated tomorrow's time by an hour to accommodate the other events that day.

The event will start promptly at four. There will be pre-RP before, however, to keep people involved.
Day 1, Event 1 is Today!

The first event, Nemesis Fight, will be held today in Booty Bay at 4 p.m. ST. It is, like all of these events, a completely open experience: All players can attend, either as contestants or as spectators.

Hope to see you all there!
You see, it's a real shame that the Nemesis Fight started just now. Because I'm class and can't attend Q.Q Ah well, win some, lose some.
Another day, another event!

Today at 12 p.m. ST is the next event, a casual social get together.

All are welcome! Hope to see you there.
Yesterday's turn-out was rather sparse, but I have confidence we can pick things up on the last day.

Event today at 2 p.m. ST at the Bay Club. The event is a debate, with the topic being Sunwell Restored: Should Blood Elves Return to the Alliance?

Light refreshments and gender bending tonics will be served. Hope to see you all there!
…THE QUESTION HAS FINALLY BEEN ANSWERED. THERE WILL BE GENDERBENDING. HUZZAAAAAAH~!
Why do you do that topic on a day I work?! Now I'm sad.
Ohhh snap Im gonna try and be there.