Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: NPC relocating / RP location - Shop & Tavern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

Not sure if the phasing bug is fixed or not, but if it ends up being fixed (or if that's irrelevant to this) I'd like to request that the main cities have at least one shop/house/tavern per city emptied for shop-owners/house-owners/tavern-owners to utilize in RP. It won't need any fancy additions to the existing buildings; Just to be emptied.

Stormwind normally had the park for a shop/tavern for instance, but with that blown to bits, it sadly lacks anything resembling a shop or tavern. There's four empty buildings I could find on the flip side, one being the argent dawn guild house, one being the empty back-alley building and one being.. Some weird little house with a broken door and the last one being a cutesy house near the canals.

I was hoping the cities would have 1 of each building available, either by phasing the NPC's out or relocating them outside so players can utilize them. Some cities may not require it (Ironforge has a ton of empty buildings, strangely enough but no empty tavern if I recall right; I don't think Darnassus has more then one empty building, The Exodar? Think its all occupied. I don't know the Horde cities well enough to speak of them.)

--

Alternatively; An idea is to set up two basic buildings somewhere in the world that can be used by both factions. Players can fill in the blanks when it comes to decorations/ its IC location and use descriptions, but it'd be neat to have a "RP Location - Shop" and "RP Location - Tavern" to be portalled into whenever such a thing is happening. Downside of that is; It may quit being used entirely after a short while where as buildings in the main cities seem easier to get into and RP at. (Even though its just one different click.)

Nothing too elaborate/fancy; Shop with a counter, some crates, an upstairs with some small stuff / A tavern with a counter, tables and chairs will do. (@Rigley Tagging you, may be interested, s' cool if not~ This would be a tiny thing to build and after your last project, you may prefer building big. That estate is huge!)

Whichever works. ^.~
Hrm. Stormwind -should- have had some buildings freed up, could have been messed with by the phasing bug. This also means there are probably duplicates around. I'll try and pass through the cities soon.
Yeah, phasing issue was in full effect. After my latest sweep (and likely a restart) quite a few buildings should now be emptied out. NPCs that were formerly occupying them were already outside of the buildings in sensible locations-- you'll probably see duplicates until the server has restarted to make the change stick.

This is currently only done for Stormwind, I'll have to get to other cities in a bit.
Thanks @Rigley ! Silly phasing bug.