Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Brynja [Vrykul][Persistent]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Race: Vrykul (Tauren)
  • Class: Druid
  • Name: Brynja
  • Exact modelID requested: 25829, set to 0.8 scale.
  • Duration: Persistant
  • Purpose for the character: To encourage Tauren and Druid RP, interact with the Cenarion Circle yet remain loyal to the Horde. This wide breadth of interaction serves to create moral and social dilemmas on both her allies and enemies.
  • Location the character will reside: Thunderbluff and Kalimdor in general during her travels.
  • Level requested: 85
  • Any special equipment needed: None

I made a bit of a profile, it's in the spoiler below. I kept the history to relevant information only.

Spoiler:

Player: Ural

Character Full Name: Brynja

Character In-Game Name: Brynja

Nickname(s): Brynja the Unbridled

Association(s): The Tauren, The Horde, The Cenarion Circle (loosely)

Race: Vrykul (Tauren)

Class: Druid

Skills and Abilities: The same abilities as a Druid except for shapeshifting. Essentially, she wields the ancient and primitive rune magic of her people. Most of her spells require physical contact.

Sex: Female

Hair: Long red hair with the occasional flower.

Eyes: Blue

Scale: 0.75

Usual Garments/Armor: A set of leather armor with ancient runes along the hem. It is adorned with purple glass and feathers.

Personality: Brynja has held fast to the traditional views of her people. She believes them to be a lost cause as they’ve thrown themselves into a death frenzy. She remains jaded at her King and the guilt she carries has never truly healed. On the front she puts out a gentle-giant persona and genuinely expects people to give her a chance. Brynja has a thing for animals and tends to be quiet when working with them. However when it comes to battle, she gives all that she has like any other Vrykul.

History:
                  “You want to know how I joined with the Tauren? The story begins and ends with my firstborn son. Our King ordered the death of all the weak and ugly children. Of course I obeyed, for he was our king and I valued my own life. I hated him for it. So it was no surprise to me when he began worshipping the Death God, he was consumed by it. I tended to the proto-drake hatchlings and still the cry of my son rings in my ear to this day. I left. Nelarth, a red proto-drake, carried me as far north as we could go. We crashed some place in the Storm Peaks and took refuge in a cave. He was a worthy companion and did not deserve to stay with an exile. I regretted it, but it was probably for the best. I didn't know what life outside home would bring.”

”We recovered and I began to hunt for food. Instead I found a ruin and began to investigate the markings on the pillars. A voice called out in an unfamiliar language. It was one of them, the Tauren. I didn’t know what he was saying, but he lobbed out some dried meat. Enough for a snack, but I was grateful. He came again the next day while I was gutting a rhino. He kept his distance and watched patiently. I tossed him a slab of meat to pay him back, and then some. He accepted it but idled still. I took what I could carry and left the carcass. The next day there was hardly any scraps left. I paid it no mind and continued to scratch out a home in our little cave.”

”A week later the Tauren returned and approached my cave. He held out in his arms a gray cloak made out of the rhino hide. I was cold so I moved to accept it. I placed it around my shoulders and we exchanged names. Onnakau led me to his village of Camp Tunka’lo. There were many Taunka there and I was nervous. But there were two other Tauren who welcomed me. They fed me and tried to communicate with me. I left that night with one of their emblems.”

”We visited each other regularly over the course of a year and picked up each others’ languages. Broken yes, but useable for trade and stories. One night Onnakau and I were attacked by an Ice Giant and its Frostworg. We found our magics were similar and sufficient enough to drive off the Giant. That seemed to be a big turning point for our relationship as he began talking about a trip across the sea. He promised many more like him who would want to meet me. Running away from the King was only a temporary solution at best. I needed to go as far away as possible, and this was my chance.”

”We traveled for days until we arrived at their harbor. I still remember the look on their faces when I climbed on their boat. I knew they were a look I should get used to. I’m still not sure how Onnakau worked that out but I he was at my side as I watched Northrend disappear into the fog. He spoke of a war in his homeland and asked for my help. He explained if I wanted a home there, I would have to fight for it. Fighting between tribes is nothing new so I accepted. I think he was surprised, but did not say so. I did not stray from my friend’s side until he had peace in his lands once more.”

”I’ve met so many races in these travels and so many threats to their existence. Yet they survive. They honor life and protect it with a zeal that my own people have lost ages ago. So I will stay and learn, protect and watch, live and thrive.”
I will note that I've talked about having proto-drakes before, and the other GMs have said no to it a handful of times. It may be different, but just a thought.
Give me this now. Nownownow.
CMC created. Login information will be sent to you shortly in a PM.
Ooooh. Yay! We'll have to get some Vrykul RP going, Ural.
Remyl wants snu snu! (Futurama reference)