Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: It's a big, small problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, excited as I was to have the server back up, it would seem that fate chose to smite my glee with a cold slap of it's hand.

According to my source of directions for uploading private servers on the 3.0.3 patch, I should follow the directions bellow, though some problems have occured.

Quote:Open your wow Folder if you dont know where it is the default place where it should be is C:/World of warcraft.

No problems,

Quote:In your wow folder look for the file called data open it and go inside the folder enUS or enGR en RU ect.. .

Yeap, when I open Data I have an enUS folder, an eula.tmp, and a tos.tmp

Quote:inside it look for a file called realmlist.wtf. open it, if its the first time your doing this then a thingy might pop up just open the file using notepad. When you got it open you should see about 3 lines of crap. delete it all and put your servers realmlist there.

The problem is here. I opened up my enUS folder and all I have inside is expansion-speech-enUS.MPQ MPQ file

Any help is appreciated, and if anyone could explain to me step by step how I should really do it, it would be greatly appreciated.
I had trouble finding my realmlist, so I just did a search for realmlist.wtf and there it was. Someone else may give more accurate directions, but that's how I do it.
Well, erm... those steps are accurate, that -is- where the realmlist is supposed to be now, so... you may have to reinstall, as if you only have one file in that folder there is something wrong, mine has many in the enUS.
I know when I downloaded WotLK, it made a folder within my World of Warcraft folder. Not only did this confuse me silly, it also hid my realmlist.wtf in the Data file within the WoW folder that was within the WoW folder...

If that makes any sense to you.
He is looking in the correct place.

This should be the file extension:

'C:\program files\world of warcraft\Data\enUS\Realmlist.wtf'

You might try making a new one?
Thanks alot for your help so far guys!

and thanks to Rakkezai I have official become more beffudled. In stealing Rak's idea of using the Search I found, not one, but four Realmlist's.

Two, both named simply realmlist are wtf files and are located in C:\documents and settings\owner\my documents

One, also named Realmlist, and also a wtf file is located in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\data\enUS

and the last one is named realmlist.wtf.temp is a temp file and located in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\data\enUS

I attempted to open each one of them up however, when I did, a pop-up appeared asking for the program that created it. I don't know what to do...

the pop up asks me to select from two options, using the webservice to find the appropriate program, or selecting the program from a list.

I've tried both but I'm not sure what exactly I needed to do.

Sorry to ask for more help, but... I would dearly enjoy it.

Thanks a million!
Use Notepad, it's a default windows program.

Just open and type!
I'm not sure if yours had turned out like mine, But i have two Folders of "WoW" Both with in C: drive, Now i have one in Games&Program files, Check both of course an attempt to change the Realmlist there, Also in my Main one, (Programs Files) there i seen Data, Well in there it does not have the Realmlist, Correct i had the same problem in till i took a closer look, Inside my main Wow folder i had another Wow folder inside it, Sadly to say in that one it had all my Files,Data,Addons. Its that folder i had to put Addons an change Realmlist But hey could be different for you but that's how i have to change/Edit things ; /.

I do hope this helped :P.
Thanks for the helpfull advice, but it seems I've gone and been stupid.

I wen't off on a rampage in my computer files and finally decided to just re-download WoW and see what I can make of it then. Thanks for the help guys!
Lol
Noooooo don't do that, you had it! Just choose the option when you open the realmlist.wtf that doesn't involve the web and then find notepad, browse for it if it isn't there. Once it opens edit the first line to be whatever it is for this server. Downloading it again would just be a waste of 10gb.
I've been having a problem myself when I try to change the realmlist. For some reason, no matter what I do, it won't change. I had it for about five seconds at one point but then I had to download the WotLK client for some reason and it's stuck again. I really don't know what to do at this point, but it's really starting to bug me. <<

Just so you know, yes I have opened the realmlist with Notepad. Yes, I have renamed the realmlist to something else (I stuck with realmlistlive for the time being) and yes, I have deleted the cache stuff before trying to download from the How to Connect FAQ. I've tried editing it myself, but for some reason it won't let me save when I've finished (I keep getting a message telling me to male sure the path and file name is correct. Is there anything I've missed or might be doing wrong? It's likely a fault on my end, but you never know.
It is likely that your wow folder is set to read-only or something.
Ah, I see.

Being completely clueless when it comes to this side of a computer, how do I make it so it's not read only?
Right click on the folder and hit properties then uncheck the read-only box.
Pages: 1 2