Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mounts for forum gold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soooooo, I see that we got glyphs in the store available to be bought with forum gold. What about having mounts in there as well? I know we had a mount vendor back in wotlk and it was quite nifty. I think that would be a nice gold sink as well, maybe not add ALL the mounts but putting a healthy amount in there would be nice. Thought?
I second this. It would be much easier than having a vendor since there may be more than six pages worth of mounts, I'm not too sure on that though. I used to grind rep in my spare time to exalted to get me some mounts.. /cough
I give this full backing. Is a great idea and gives us something more to do with all that lovely Gold.
I'm a maybe leaning on yes. It would be a good idea to make these things available (and relatively high priced) so that people have an incentive to actually be active on the forum so that they can accumulate more gold. I don't think glyphs are enough of an incentive. This and more collectibles would be a good idea. People love collectibles.
And if we are using collectibles, then perhaps little companions, I.E. fawns and such, might also be a good addition?
Not sure on the suggestion to be honest; It is easy enough to fly around on the mount you get upon character creation now which can be used to collect anything else with. I don't miss the vendor ever since we got that.

If anything, I'd only add the mounts that can't be obtained normally in-game and/or require a reputation/tokens; Bit of a collectible. If the price is right (not really high as suggested above, fear that'll just create spam to get the coins in) then it may be worth pursuing. No sense in needing months of forum activity before such a thing can be unlocked. (Considering most can't or shouldn't really be used ICly to begin with due to their looks.)

Think the pet above is already in-game and on a vendor though; If not, same story; Normally unobtainable and/or require reputation/tokens.
Quote:If anything, I'd only add the mounts that can't be obtained normally in-game and/or require a reputation/tokens; Bit of a collectible.

I think this is what he meant in his original post. Things like special mounts from factions we can't grind, mounts from vendors that can only be accessed after completing a quest chain that's broken, etc.
Ah, then I got confuzzled~
Any staff opinion?
I think this is a really good idea, in part just because of how difficult it is to get some of the "racially iconic" flying mounts like Dragonhawks and Hyppogrifs, or even just Talbuks.
This is something I will consider, but keep in mind that I cannot remove current restrictions on normal items. Then again, I could make custom items without the restrictions...
But on another note, this reminds me that I still need to add extra racial mounts to the racial vendors again!
Not to pester but.. any update? :3
Not yet, I'm afraid! I still need to add those racial mounts.