Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Heyo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys my name is chase Neher i am new to this server currently awaiting a introduction Approval. I had a couple of questions starting with the most important. Does anyone have advice to give a inexperienced Role player? How long has CotH been around for. Another question i have is If i do get approved Who wants to Role play with me?
1. We have a mentor program that you may have seen around here, and whether you're new to roleplaying or not, it's a great opportunity to get going with our nice little community. I'd start there.

Generally speaking, though, my biggest advice is to ask questions whenever in doubt. People can be a bit particular about lore, but are more than willing to back up their pickiness by answering queries to the best of their abilities.

2. CotH has been around for... Well, at least six or seven years, from what I understand. It's gone through a lot of changes over the years, but a lot of current, active users have come around 2-3 years ago or more recently.
@Kretol for the whole story.

3. In all likelihood, approval isn't an "if" as long as you're willing to listen to input if there's ever a problem. So, when you're approved, I would suggest looking in the Personals section to get an idea of which active players seem to strike a chord with you, checking out the Event Planning section for things to do, and joining our Skype chat and talking to others personally.
Of course, there's the tried and true method of just logging in and PMing people in the social panel. Unlike some other WoW RP communities, CotH tends to be more focused on individual characters' feelings than racial factions, so if, say, a bunch of Alliance characters are RPing in Hearthglen, don't be afraid to RP with them on your OTC.
Hey thanks for the reply I'm not going to lie i was worried that i was not going to receive a response. I signed up for the mentor program and your saying that alliance and horde factions do not necessarily have to factor into interactions?
In so many words, yes. My Forsaken's best friend is a human paladin, for example. A healthy amount of fantastical racism is to be expected of course, but you aren't going to get Kill-on-Sight Roleplay shenanigans within reason. All things considered, it's a great opportunity to explore one's own character. You know your troll when you can e plain, ICly, the idea of Loa worship to an Alliance race.
Haha Awesome!