Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Autumn Equinox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: e7IWVXT.gif]
[Image: festivaltitle.png]

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-Robert Frost

[Image: little_autumn_leaf_precut_png_by_nexu4-d6pyht3.png]

...I remember the first months after we fled Gilneas, and I settled for a time in Elwynn, I tried to bring our thanks to the Alliance in the form of festivals. It's been over a year since the Midsummer Fires festival I put together, and here I am in Hyjal of all places. The world seems on the cusp of ending. I saw the Destroyer, and I fight against his fire with many others--though I refuse to consider some true allies. Still, we need unity now. Perhaps there is room under Nordrassil for a fire of our own, one of celebration. Something to show these Twilights we will go laughing to whatever end there is.

A festival celebrating the Autumnal Equinox will be held in Hyjal on September 11th to the 12th at around 4:30-5:00 ST. This Equinox's spiritual significance concerns the coming "victory" of the darkness of the coming Winter. Despite that, the sun will always return in Spring. And so it goes with life, dark seasons coming and going.

The festival will last two days, and be open to all. Drink, dance, and merry-make as you will, just don't do anything to make the resident green dragon mad. That won't end well for anyone.
Due to circumstances rendering @ImagenAshyun 's schedule weird, I'll be pushing this off by a week. Hopefully, it'll be a celebration of victory, and closer to the actual equinox!