Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: War in the Highlands - Taking the Twilight out of Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQeUPLwAG-0[/youtube]

The Plan

With the Wildhammer families bolstering the Alliance's forces, they are finally able to march directly on the Twilight's Hammer and its strongholds. There are many strongholds to weed out, and the Alliance is only just beginning. But even with the Wildhammer reinforcements, the campaign will still need men and women of the Alliance to come and serve it in the Twilight Highlands.

However, as the commoners are now saying, the sun is finally beginning to shine on the Twilight Highlands. It's beginning to look like victory isn't a legend for the Alliance in these foreign lands. The Twilight's Hammer can and will be defeated. It will simply take time.

Troops must be mobilized. Outposts reinforced. Men that were once lost saved. Mysteries unraveled. There is much to do still, but the Alliance is ready for it now. Commander Dalikan Godford's men are idle for the moment, but eventually the Lionhearts will be assigned to some of the more mysterious tasks.

Will you answer the call to arms when it finally arrives?

Soon™
Quote:Men that were once lost saved.

Hopefully, they decide to become pig farmers.
Korius wakes up, looks around and falls back asleep."Wake me up when we are judging them."
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPnnJfzCOnU[/youtube]

Briefing

Alliance Command has several confirmed accounts that the Twilight's Hammer is finally beginning to be weakened by the forces of Highbank and the Wildhammer families. While this brings joy to some, to others it just means that the Alliance is one short step closer to victory in a long war. Cassius the White, a renowned commander from past campaigns of the Alliance, has been chosen to lead a direct assault on the Twilight Citadel itself, and break the very heart of the Twilight's Hammer. However, to accomplish such a feat, they need men.

The First Sunnyglade and Seventh Lakeshire battalions will be sent as reinforcements to Victor's Point - the staging ground for the assault on the Twilight Citadel. Knowing the unpredictability of the Highlands, Alliance Command has decided it best to send them on a direct route through the wilderness, breaking into the Obsidian Forest and then pushing through the Dunwald Ruins shortly after. While such a path is best suited for these men, it is also a very dangerous path.

As a vanguard for the advancing battalions, the Lionheart Battalion and whomever Commander Godford is able to recruit will be stepping in front of these reinforcements the entire way, ensuring that if the battalions are to be attacked, they'll know full well what's coming. Let there be no mistake made, Victor's Point badly needs these reinforcements or the blockade of the Twilight Citadel may never happen. Without control over the flow of troops out of the Citadel, the Alliance could just as easily be staring at a massacre across the entirety of the Highlands.

Will you answer the call to arms and aid your fellow brethren of the Alliance?

Phase Three: Taking the Twilight out of Highlands

The final phase of War in the Highlands is beginning soon enough with the first event of four. This one will be largely focused on fighting while scouting ahead for the NPC battalions. Not much else to say!

The day for this is Saturday, September 27th, at 2:00 PM Server Time.

Hope to see people there!
.. Wow, my planning sucks. Turns out Saturday is the birthday of one of my best friends, so... Yeah, bad idea to do it on that day.

The day -after-!

Sunday, September 28th, at 2:00 PM Server Time.

I hope this doesn't clash with too many schedules.
SATURDAY WAS A OKAY. But then.. Sunday.. Well.. I think.. I HOPE I can get on it.
Good event! Grin2 Had a fun time. Will definitely see if I can join in on the next one if my school or plans don't collide.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-b2EB6OiiQ[/youtube]

Briefing

The First Sunnyglade and Seventh Lakeshire have successfully made it to Victor's Point with barely a scratch, thanks to the efforts of Commander Godford and the Lionheart battalion working as their vanguard. It was a tough fight, but the Lionhearts and their helpers made it through the day, and saw Victor's Point with the two battalions following close behind. Cassius the White thanked them for their service, and vowed to not let the sacrifice of the Lionhearts go in vain.

With the siege of the Twilight Citadel now beginning, Commander Godford has been ushered to a new task. The Devouring Breach, a scar on the land caused by dark old god magics, slowly gains ground by the month. While shamans of various factions work to try and stay the Breach's growth, Alliance Command has deemed it an important enough issue to address. There are two smaller scars just like the Devouring Breach.

The first, known as the Twilight Breach, will require investigation by Commander Godford and his men, as well as the location of a device that caused this - or of the ritual that causes it. This information is crucial not only to Alliance Command, but also to the Wildhammer dwarves that call this now scarred land their home.

The call to arms is sounded, as nobody is sure what might be guarding the Twilight Breach. Will you answer the call, and help the Alliance resolve this literally groundbreaking issue?

The final phase of the War in the Highlands chain has officially kicked off! The second event of four in this somewhat action-packed chain will be focused on some mystery with, of course, some fighting.

The day for this is Saturday, October 4th, at 1:00 PM Server Time

Hope to see some returning people, and some new faces!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKFfcSR7Uww[/youtube]

Briefing

With the information recovered from the Twilight Breach, Alliance Command is able to cast a new light on the situation of these Old God caused scars. The mission was a success, though the Twilights seem to know even when the Alliance makes stealth a high priority - shortly after securing the site, an ambush of the Hammer's agents occurred, but they were thwarted. However, in securing the site, Commander Godford has come across some grim news - whoever leads the Twilights in these parts of the Highlands against the Alliance has finally taken matters into their own hands.

A strange person who has only been called 'The Master' seems to be behind most all of the attacks against the Alliance and the Wildhammer clans. Whoever this person may be, they are likely to be powerful, and so Commander Godford and his men must proceed cautiously if they are to avoid major losses in the coming days.

For the time being, however, Alliance Command continues to ask for results. The second of the two breaches is now the new target - The Black Breach, as it is called, is far more fortified than the Twilight Breach. But, that has never been a problem for the Alliance before, so the assault must commence, and all information must be gathered on how the Twilights are doing this to scar the earth.

Commander Godford will need all the help he can get - and so the call to arms spreads once more across the lands. Will you come and aid the Alliance in their fight against the Twilight's Hammer in the Highlands? Will you free the lands of the Wildhammers so that they may live peacefully once more?

The third event of four in Phase Three of the War in the Highlands chain is finally coming around. This one will contain a little bit more mystery amidst the fighting, so be prepared.

The day for this is Saturday, October 11th, at 1:00 PM Server Time.

Hope to see regulars again, and possibly some new faces (I know you're out there, so come on out sometime)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-KxHZ8SDBc[/youtube]

Briefing

Commander Dalikan Godford led a successful raid on the Black Breach sometime ago, allowing Alliance Command to shed new light on issues surrounding the old-god caused scars on the land. Perhaps, someday, what they recovered, with the blood and sacrifice of the men of the Lionhearts, will lead to the reconstruction of the land and its people. When they took the Black Breach, it was lightly guarded. But this mysterious 'Master' that has led the Twilights against the Alliance in the central Twilight Highlands sent a small army to deal with the Lionhearts once and for all. They underestimated the might of the Alliance forces and their allies, as Wildhammer reinforcements forced the Twilight's army to retreat.

Lieutenant Fawkes, assigned to pursue the Twilight army, found that they retreated to an old Dragonmaw compound, which the local Wildhammer families have said is called 'Kraggo'thor'. Alliance Command can only hope that this is where 'The Master' resides, and is organizing a full force to descend upon the town of Kraggo'thor and, with hope, end the leadership of the central Twilights once and for all. Unlike all other missions, this time the Lionhearts and Commander Godford are all being sent at the head of the armies. They know the Master's ways, and the Master's plans. If the Master can be found in Kraggo'thor, the Lionhearts and their helpers will be the vanguard to his or her destruction.

Men and women of the Alliance, this is the final push for the Lionhearts. The final strike within these terrible lands before the men and women of the Alliance can finally step back and take a breath. The Lionhearts came to these Highlands for one purpose - to reinforce Highbank, and stabilize the Alliance's front. The Battle of Kraggo'thor will do everything needed to bring their need in this land to an end.

In this final, dire moment for the Lionhearts and their Wildhammer allies, will you stand beside them and hold the line? Will you step forward and offer the ultimate sacrifice to finally vanquish a Twilight menace that has ravaged the lands?

The call to arms is sounded, and the Alliance waits... For the armies of the Alliance finally begin their march to the Ruins of Kraggo'thor.

The final event of the event chain, War in the Highlands, is coming up in time. It will involve heavy combat (but with dialogue!), and will bring to a close the participation of the Lionhearts in the Alliance's campaign within the Twilight Highlands.

The day for this is Saturday, October 25th, at Noon-time Server Time.

WARNING:

For those of you who actually read this thing, be warned: this event will likely stretch near the three-hour mark, and likely pass it just barely. If it does not, I will be honestly surprised. This is intended to be a longer-than-normal event.

Hope to see you guys around, it's been a fun ride! (even if it's taken me a year :v)
I am at school with no computer.. Sandess. No event for me.. (However you could do a private event for Korius regarding the event if you wannnnnnt)
Sir Morgan Enfield will(maybe ) be there. Depends on power to get my comp for the weekend.
I will be at comicon this weekend so no Gwen :(
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoyDQ3LeTU[/youtube]

Victory!

The Alliance forces in the Twilight Highlands can cheer this day... The Master is slain, and his army dismantled. The Ruins of Kraggo'thor now lay cleansed of the taint of the Twilights, at the cost of many lives of Alliance and Wildhammer soldiers. With the death of the Master, the Lionheart Battalion is no longer needed in the Highlands. They're being sent home, short many men.

What's left of the Lionheart Battalion now begins their journey to Stormwind City, for a special service led by Commander Dalikan Godford himself in honor of both the survivors of the Lionheart's campaign and the fallen of the Twilight Highlands - Alliance and Wildhammer alike.

The service will include a feast, a prayer service for those faithful to the Light, and any other faiths, to give their farewells to the fallen, and then the celebration of the victory in the Twilight Highlands.

All citizens of the Alliance are welcome to attend this service to the fallen in the war against the Twilight's Hammer in the Twilight Highlands.

Phase Four: Victory in the Highlands

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
EHEHEHEHEHEHEH

... You thought it was over? Well, it really is.

There's gonna be this really cool event with sadness and sorrow and drinking of stuff in honor of the dead in the Highlands. If you've had a character in the Twilight Highlands, or even if you're just bored the day of... Come and have some fun. I can guarantee it.

The date for this is tentatively Saturday, November 1st, at 12 pm ST..

I'll update the date for it when I actually get my work schedule for next week. Toodle-oo
...Now I fully expect something to happen.
Pages: 1 2