Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Incorrect login...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have searched through the forums, wiki, etc, and haven't found a working solution.

I have posted an introduction and been approved. I have used the *game account* link to make my server account. The information is the same as my forum account. The realmlist is modified and is in the right folder. I have the right patch version. I have cleared out my cache folder. And yes, I'm spelling my login information correctly.

It still says my login is no good! Help! I really really want to get rolling on this server.
If it's telling you that it's wrong, then the information is NOT correct.

Remember the game account name has to be exactly the same as your forum account name, and it's case-sensitive. The exact same goes for your email, it too is case sensitive and has to be typed *exactly* as you typed it before.
It *is* exactly the same. That's why I'm so frustrated. It's the same login I use for all servers. I tried to reset my password, being super-careful to get it exactly right. Still nothing. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the password reset tool doesn't work, but I can't find where I read it. Anyway, I tried it just in case.
EDIT: Just re-read the first post, this one is hereby irrelevant.

Nothin' to see!
It looks like this:

set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org

and it's in the Data folder, in the enUS subfolder, right where it goes.
More specifically, at which point does it tell you that you cannot go in and what error does it give you. That information would be more helpful. :P If you can just write out the steps it goes through before it tells you that you can't log on.
It flips really quick through connecting, authenticating, verifying version, handshaking. Then it gives me the incorrect username and/or password error and refers me to the blizzard website.
Sorry to mention it again but can you ensure that you have the same username and email as the forum account.
If there is still a problem then make sure you launch via the WoW.exe and not the launcher that normally opens up.
If you still cannot connect and your realmlist.wtf is correct then attempt to remake your account as it might have been a bug with the server. See if that helps.
Is there a way to check what my server account information is? I tried remaking the account once but it said one was already created for that username.

Oh, and I've been starting WoW from the .exe, not the launcher.

I know this is a pain in the butt, I'm really sorry.
No worries :) You can relax because this is definitely a fixable problem. The worst case scenario is you will have to PM Kretol asking him to manually edit his SQL account database with your information. Hmm, you might of messed up your password when you used that tool. Also I know it says you can set your password to anything but just out of curiosity is it the same password you used for the forum account?
It *was* the same password when I originally made the account. I changed it to something completely different when I tried to reset it. I've still tried logging in with each password, the old as well as the new, just in case, but no luck.
Hm, well, that is irksome. I think the only luck you are going to get is with a PM to Kretol. Explain what is wrong and ask him to either delete your account so you can remake it, or for him to manually set it up. Both of which are pretty easy so don't worry about it. Also, I usually see Kretol lurking every night so it should be fast. Good luck though! Sorry I couldn't help ya. :(
Thanks! It's alright, at least I know it wasn't something silly that I did (or didn't do).

I'll let him know.
EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it.

Good luck with your issue, Gryphon! :D
EDIT: FIXED.

I hate two realmlist, one eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com the other coth.game-host.org. deleting the eu fixed it.
Pages: 1 2