Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ju11a's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost:
I guess the first thing I should say about myself is that I am fun, inventive and energetic.
I've also been told that I'm very supportive and that I strive to be fair and kind. I'm the kind of guy who rolls with the punches. RP is great fun when you improvise on the fly when you made a mistake. I'm not an aggressive person and I have no interest in “Winning the RP,” only to have fun and seeing characters and stories develop.
I like hearing what other people have to say and appreciate other people's story telling abilities.
I am humble: Willing to admit when I made a mistake and willing to learn from those who have the patience to teach me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am English. I was born in Southern Africa, and after graduation from varsity, my wife and I moved to South Korea to teach.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing with Warcraft 2. After that, I played Warcraft 3 and then later joined in on Vanilla WoW. I've read some of the warcraft books, but I can't say that I've enjoyed them. I've also dabbled some in the WoW RPG books.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google! I was looking for an RP server that had a higher standard.
I've played on Retail most of my time, but quit just before MoP. I could never really find a group of people as interested in RP as I was.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The kind where I am not an uber-super-powerful-king of the world. I usually do fun, funny characters. Even my darkest character would work in a bit of humor where it is appropriate. I like meeting new characters and seeing their stories develop, and not seeing them killed off simple because another player wants progression. I believe in mutual consent to certain occurrences in RP, while still accepting that certain actions have consequences. I prefer roleplay that is mature but lively, fun and light.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Gnome Mage: I like the idea of the power of arcane in the hands of such a tiny being. Roleplaying a gnome is fun, because they generally try to make friends with everyone they meet. Their strength lies in their intellectual capacity and not in their size. For me, they are EXTREMELY fun to play.
A mage always has a trick up his sleeve. They always find new ways of doing things. Mage RP allows my character to have a reason for traveling to distant shores and the ability to do so.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Community. Living in a country where very few people understand English and even fewer speak it, meeting new people with the same interests as my wife and I is very difficult.
The one thing I would really love to have, is a group of friends to RP with. Decent people. A place where there is active RP. A place that I could call my online home.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I've read through your rules, and there are quite a few that appeal to me. Respect, Tolerance, Language usage, and Humility. The list goes on, but seeing these headings made me really hopeful.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes please. Every RP community has their own rules and norms. They also have their own way of interpreting the lore. I would love to have a mentor who could be a friend and help me adjust to the server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The cold mountain winds blew over the peaceful mountain valley of Dun Morogh. The night was without stars, but snowflakes fell from the heavens, coating the land in an eternal winter, as it has always done.

A young girl panted, as she ran through the snow, lifting her knees high. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and she used her long red sleeve to wiped them off. Far in the distance, she could hear the howl of a wolf. The terrible whine echoed all through the mountains, then another and then another. The little girl did not stop. She waded through the snowbanks. Eventually, she saw a light in the distance. If it was a camp, and she could get to it, she might be safe. She did not stop to think that it might be the camp of bandits, or even worse, trolls. She had to get out of the cold.

Finally, she reached the light, but it was no campsite. Another whine on the wind moved her closer to the light, a pillar with a flame burning on top of it, used by the Dwarves to guide the way for weary travelers. If she could find the next pillar, she might be able to find some form of residence to seek refuge at.

She looked around frantically, but suddenly it was behind her, an in that moment, all she could see were two yellow eyes staring at her. The giant black wolf snarled at her. Warm saliva was dripping from its maw. From its mouth came puffs of warm air. She backed away slowly, only to hear another growl behind her. Another pair of yellow eyes appeared in the dark.

“By the light,” she began to pray, “Do not let me die here today.”
She fell back on the pillar with the flame on top of it, and crawled as close to it as possible, hoping that the dark beasts would stay out of the light. The young girl frantically mumbled prayers and closed her eyes tightly, knowing what would come next.

Yelp! Boof! WHINE-Whine-whine. She could hear the pair of wolves running into the darkness, their yips of pain growing fainter in the night. She opened her eyes and a deep breath of hot air escaped her. She looked around to see what had happened to the dark creatures, what had startled them off. Then she heard them. Footsteps behind her in the snow, coming her way. Her breath caught in her throat as she turned to face the sound. It was a short man, the shortest man she had ever seen. No, not a man, a gnome.

“Hello there,” the gnome greeted her with a very friendly tone in his voice, “Hope you don't mind me, it looked like you might have needed some help. Kazaan Coghill, at your service.”

The little man wore a black pointed hat, almost twice the size of his head. His clothes were torn and patched in various places.

“How did you..?” The young girl tried to ask, but she was overwhelmed by a coughing fit. The cold air had crept into her lungs while she had been trying to escape.

“Hang on there, dearie.” Kazaan said and took off his hat. He then reached deep into it and produced a black pot. The young girl stared at the gnome, wondering how such a big pot could hide in a hat half it's size. After placing the pot on the ground, the gnome continued running around and looking for tinder. The gnome placed as much wood as he could in the pot, and then put his hand deep into it, pulling his hand out just before all the wood caught fire. The fire was small, but in the cold night, even the smallest flame would radiate the softest heat.
“Maia” was the only word that she could get out. She shivered wildly, as she proceeded to warm her hands by the pot with the fire inside. “How did you do that?”

“Magic” the gnome smiled.
Maia noticed his white hair and big nose. She was in the presence of a wizard.

“I had always imagined a wizard to be...” she trailed off, hesitant to offend.

“Larger than life? My dear, let me tell you a secret.” He leaned ever so slightly closer and whispered conspiratorially, “Magic can be found in the strangest of places.” He winked, reached once more into his voluminous hat, and produced a carpet, spreading it open on the snow. “Well then, get on. I need to retrieve my pot. No point just vanishing and leaving a perfectly good pot lying around. I'm taking you home. What do you say to that?”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, nothing at the moment.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Ju11a has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Ju11a, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:I'm not an aggressive person and I have no interest in “Winning the RP,” only to have fun and seeing characters and stories develop.
I like hearing what other people have to say and appreciate other people's story telling abilities.
I am humble: Willing to admit when I made a mistake and willing to learn from those who have the patience to teach me.

Can't say there is a better way to be! I hope you'll fit in well, because players like you help make the community really strong, and our mentor program should help you get more familiar with the it.

Quote:The kind where I am not an uber-super-powerful-king of the world. I usually do fun, funny characters. Even my darkest character would work in a bit of humor where it is appropriate. I like meeting new characters and seeing their stories develop, and not seeing them killed off simple because another player wants progression. I believe in mutual consent to certain occurrences in RP, while still accepting that certain actions have consequences. I prefer roleplay that is mature but lively, fun and light.

This is also a good description of the kind of RP that Conquest of the Horde promotes with its rules and its relatively serious but open-minded community. I think that one of the most important aspects to RP is wanting to meet new characters and not only see their stories develop, but try and take a part in that with your own character with the hope that it will do the same for yours. Hopefully your mentor will show you the tools you can use to assist in building the RP you want and will point you towards the people to go to for that specific kind of RP.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

P.S. Should we get our hopes up for seeing the wife join the server?
Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately my wife will not be joining us just yet. She's had some bad experiences in RP more than once or twice so she's a bit shy.
But I'm looking forward to joining you guys soon.