Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Old stuff still alive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if nowadays old 'boss' creatures like Onyxia are alive lorewise and can we hope to go on a "Big Mean Dragon" hunt someday.
The problem in the past is that all the bosses tend to be either very bugged or incredibly uber; so uber in fact that even with Farseers rings were were finding it impossible to take them down. In fact most instances are so full of bugs we just haven't bothered, and instead tend to create custom content where "big stuff" can be created for storyline and then fought if people are so inclined.
Actually, I believe that in the new lore that came with the Wrath of the Lich King a few raid/instance bosses (if not all) have been defeated, Illidan and Kael are to certain ones and so is Arugal. Naxxramas was raided as well (by a group of anonymous Argent "agents"), apparantly none of the Scourge bosses died but the place had to retreat.

Hm, not sure about this really, I´m guessing we should discuss it. It would make sense that the Alliance and Horde would kill off their other potential enemies before going to raid Coldarra and Ice Crown but on the other hand it would be fun to see such things being done In Character by us.

Edit; Minor spoiler for the Warcraft Comic:
Ha! Just remembered, Onyxia was killed by ubër sayian Varian Wrynn. Think all of that was in those Warcraft comic books, yeah, and that stuff has been incorporated into the timeline. Anyone reading those can feel free to share what actualy happened.
Nostra Wrote:Actually, I believe that in the new lore that came with the Wrath of the Lich King a few raid/instance bosses (if not all) have been defeated, Illidan and Kael are to certain ones and so is Arugal.

SPOILER WARNING!

Auggie got a rez, and last I heard is in Grizzly Hills, Northrend. I haven't played through the whole quest line yet, but you actually see a "cinematic" of necromancers raising him and taking off.
Going a little off-topic, but do you guys think that you'll get the cinematics working in the future?
Most likely not, no.