Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ISP Doesn't like our Mac torrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this morning I was woken up by my sister who was freaking out over our ISP locking out internet over torrenting the Mac Cata client. While me torrenting this is actually legal since I own WoW, it can still prove difficult for people who aren't fully aware of the loopholes in the DMCA or what is actually a legal and illegal download, even if the host site isn't authorized to hold the data.

Simply put, it might be a good idea to find a way to privately host the WoW installations for PC and Mac. I know SuddenLink has really cracked down on anything that could be found through piratebay or a select other torrent websites. I mean, somehow they even noted I used Bittorrent to download the Mac client.

Luckily SuddenLink has a three strikes system. I managed to get this one wavered as a false positive. Here's a screenshot of the notice that came up on my sister's iMac for reference.

Spoiler:
[Image: eHh5FB6.png]

Guess I need to beef up my online anonymity. Scared
Bittorrent is mad difficult to anonymize, sadly.

Hosting it would be the better idea, but you could always find more anonymous workarounds, I suppose.
I did find an alternative in the I2P Anonymous Network. It has a built in anonymous torrent program in it. Though just like with Tor, you gotta be careful when you use it.
Whoa, your ISP actually looks into that kind of stuff over there? That's not cool at all...