Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cat's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Umm, where to begin? I'm a 23 year old, a total nerd, and I mostly play RP games like this! I've done tabletops (Rifts, D&D 3.5, Pathfinder), though most of my RP is on online games. I've mostly done RP on BYOND, which is mostly 2d pixelated games (the most popular being Space Station 13), since it's fairly hard to find good RP games elsewhere on the internets. I play other games too, of course! But roleplaying is by far my niche.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA. English is my only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I began playing WoW back when I was in high school, right before TBC was released. I didn't really roleplay back then, but WoW took up most of my free time (like countless other victims before and after me). I also played WC3.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Google. I was looking for a new roleplay game, and had the thought to search for a private WoW RP server. I honestly never expected to find such an exact match for what I was looking for!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I love roleplaying in general! There's been few types of roleplay I really haven't enjoyed period. However, I prefer RP in fantasy/sci-fi settings, and I personally believe that conflict is key to a good story (not constant conflict, mind you. But everyone happy and getting along forever gets dull fast). One thing I've found that I don't like roleplaying is in-depth politics. I was once had a character that became the queen of a major city on one of the larger games on BYOND, and the stress of dealing with the politics involved just wasn't fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Such a hard question! As for race, I think I'm going to have to go with Forsaken. I tend to often favor darker settings (though not always!) and I found the Forsaken appealing since I first played WoW. They're a group of undead which have regained free will, awakening back into sentience only to find that all they ever loved or cared about (themselves included!) is dead. Each individual has to struggle to find motivation to continue their cursed existence. Revenge, altruism, power, simple insanity... The intense drama of their situation leads to so many potential paths.

As for class, I'd have to say priest. I've just enjoyed being the healer/support in MMOs. As for which class would be my favorite to roleplay, there's far too much potential with any given one to pick a favorite!

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm hoping to find a new community with which to have lots and lots of fun and exciting roleplay with!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

No godmodding, metagaming, powergaming. These things are such a massive killer to potentially-good RP! RP is all about give-and-take. When someone is super-perfect, never gets scratched, never gets negatively affected by anything, and dodges everything, it really kills both the immersion and fun for everybody involved.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I didn't know about that! And it'd be great to have someone to help me learn and adapt to the way RP is done on this server! (Note: I'm probably joining with a friend or two, and so there's a good chance I'll play a race other than Undead depending on what they want to go with.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A lone woman wakes up in the crypt, the room dimly lit by a single flickering candle. "Where am I...? How did I get here?" she mumbles to herself, feeling greatly disoriented. And cold. So very cold. She felt like she'd been asleep for ages, having no memory of where she was before this. She did, however, remember terrible nightmares. Her family being torn apart by the undead. Countless people dying... ripped apart by her own hands. The worst part of the nightmare was consuming the flesh of the recently-slain... She'd done so many horrible things in the dream... yet it seemed terribly real.

Thalia... that was her name, right? She could hardly remember... Thalia finally begins to try to move, and looks around at her surroundings. She begins to realize that she's lying on something... and that something's on top of her as well. Her eyes turn to look at what it is, when she notices that she's lying in a pile of lifeless corpses. She lets out a shriek as she crawls out in a desperate panic. Who brought her here?! Did they try to kill her, and assume they succeeded? Glancing around the room, she begins looking for a way out, the primary thought on her mind escaping and getting back to her husband and child.

But then Thalia looks down at herself, and notices that she's a corpse as well. She collapses to the floor, entering the fetal position and desperately shaking her head while muttering, "No, no, no, no, no... It's just a bad dream... It's just a bad dream... I'll wake up any second now, and everything will be okay... But the awakening never comes. She attempts to cry, but no tears come out of her eyes as she begins to realize that she isn't dreaming. Even greater horror grasps her as she realizes that her 'nightmares' were really memories. All she cared about was dead, and she'd committed horrible atrocities as but one of a horde of mindless undead.

And yet, she was herself again. At least as much of herself that could survive the trauma she was going through. She had difficulty in deciding whether this was a curse, or a blessing. At least before, she lacked any awareness of what had happened, or what she was doing. Now, she had to deal with all the grief and guilt of what all had been done. She becomes overwhelmed with the desire to embrace sweet death, and end her miserable existence. And yet, one thing holds her back. Anger. Anger at the ones who had done so much to her, and stolen so much from her. Anger towards the ones who failed to help. She decides that she will live, or un-live, on, for the sole purpose of revenge. What left was there?

And so at last, Thalia ascends the crypt to join with the rest of the Forsaken.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Umm, not that I can think of! I'm looking forward to lots of RP-fun and getting to know the community!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Cat15 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Cat15!

I like Forsaken. Like, a lot. There's something to me so compelling about a character who has chosen to live on despite such incredible loss and abuse. CotH is a great place to be able to really explore Forsaken characters, whether they throw all their weight behind the Dark Lady, or seek to make bonds anew with the living.

Other races are cool, too, though we allow cross-faction communication in-game, so in an appropriately neutral setting, your friends' choice of race will not necessarily need to dictate your own.

If you haven't had a chance yet to do so, I strongly advise that you read over the Rules and Policies posted above by Overseer Krotok. With that said, I would also like to direct you to the Account Management page, where you can create your in-game account. Please use the same login information that you have used for the forums. You do not have to submit a character profile in order to begin roleplaying, but if you are waiting for the client to download or want to get a jump on earning your Gruntship, you can get started writing your profile Here.

As for getting settled into the server proper, I would suggest reading Reigen's New Player Guide. It lists useful commands, portal locations, Grunt information and more, all neatly collected in one post. To get connected to the community outside the client, continue browsing the forums and/or take a look at this thread to learn how to join our Skype group.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here or contact any of the GMs and Forum Helpers found Here.

Hope you settle in nicely.