Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xain's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Whooo boy. I'm 24, going on 25 since this is the month of my birthday (And turkey's!) I've been roleplaying since I was a brat both on forums, to games, and have a passion for writing that does not go over too well when it comes to fanfiction but luckily I've come to terms with that! I love reading as well, and there's pretty much no genre off-limits for me when it comes to digging my nose into a book, which is great because my job leaves me a lot of time to sit in my office and poor over a good book for a bit. As much as I love reading and roleplaying, I love me some good ol' fashioned video games too, and I'll play anything so long as it isn't sports-related. No offense to the people that do, I just think if I'm going to play a sport I might as well do it in real life, the one time my habit for being lazy doesn't kick in.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the US of A, with English being my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Playing the original strategy game on my computer. Starcraft was fun but there was something missing for me, and when Warcraft got bigger I dug my nose into it and found I had a liking for it. Sure I didn't win every game (Or win at all but hey!) but I loved how it was fun no matter what, had an engaging, evolving story with interesting complex characters and lore.. It was pretty much like playing Lord of the Rings but better! Despite all that I admittedly have not played WoW, since the original strategy game was more to my tastes and I wasn't that big on MMORPGs.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Friends of mine who have been looking for a good place to RP on, we've been going back and forth between random games and sites looking for something to fill the void, and this has blown every other option out of the water.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Complex moral issue types, ones with a conflict or war where there's no right or wrong side. I'm a big fan of that sort of stuff, and typically in a fantasy kind of setting. Swords and sorcery is a big preference of mine, doesn't matter if it's in medieval times or a modern setting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Blood Elves. They're a proud people who have a kind of arrogance to them that borders, or is, narcissistic and I love it, especially how they're a progression from a previous race that had been decimated and seek to reclaim what they had lost much like other races in Warcraft lore/history. Granted I've always been a fan of elves in any kind of lore the circumstances, but when it comes to the design and culture intrigue me.

As for class, I've always been partial to Priests and healers of any stripe. Religious beliefs in fantasy scenarios intrigue me as they're always a way to get deeper into the lore and myth of things, not to mention the steadfast devotion people of that particular class have/lean towards.

What are your expectations of this server?:

An enjoyable roleplay experience and a place that I can finally settle down into and get invested in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. Without it what can be a good community just turns up on its head, treating people fair and equally is important and integral when it comes to roleplaying in my opinion. We've all got our stories we want to tell and no point being rude or discourteous about it.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Considering I'm entirely new to this format of roleplaying, should I get accepted, having a mentor would be really helpful. Y'know test the waters before I flop myself into the pool and make an accidental fool out of myself.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The light shone through the branches of trees, gently wavering in the wind, shining down upon a young man, sitting against the trunk of a tree with staff in arm and a yawn on his lips. "Go out and learn of the Light, I'm told. Spreading the knowledge and aiding our people is the duty of any Blood Elf, they say.. I wouldn't mind so much if the outside wasn't so.. Dirty." Stark shoulder length blonde hair fanned out as the man shook his head, forcing himself to stand upon his feet and face the tasks he'd been assigned.

"Would it have killed them to pack me a tent in the least.. Napping on forest floors.. What am I? Some barbaric human?" Clearly he was complaining, quite annoyed at being thrown out, or rather, politely shown the door upon finishing his final lessons as an acolyte of the Light, being given his priestly vestments and staff of office, then told to head out to a nearby village and begin his work. What had been neglected to be mentioned was that 'nearby' village was less near and more far. He half thought he'd been assigned such a post simply because everyone else couldn't bare to have him around in their presence.

Well genius did tend to outshine everything else, perhaps he should take it as a compliment? Glancing down, the man frowned at the sight of his robes, once pristine and clean, now slowly stained with the dirt of travel. His shoes were in a similar state, starting to get worn now that he was truly putting them to use, he couldn't spend all his time meditating in order to stave off the thirst forever. Shaking his feet out and rolling his shoulders, the elf began making tracks to continue on his way. Oh how he wished he could be heading to Silvermoon, to glimpse upon its wonders and beauty, to live there and advance his art and progress in his learning..

But no, reality disagreed and he was stuck slogging through.. Whatever the horrid smelling thing he'd just put his foot in, and nothing more. At least for now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm excited for the future and hope I can make a fine new addition.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Xain101 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Xain101, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

I know how you feel about the sports thing, actually being a part of the game rather than watching it or playing a simulation of it is much more rewarding. And heck no! No genre should be safe from reading! None of them!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo