Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: wootlegger's intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

My name is Joe, I'm 38, and live in the mountains of historic eastern Tennessee. I love live music, classic cars, rockabilly, and cruising around the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Friend of mine introduced me just after Burning Crusade came out, loaned me his discs, installed, and was instantly hooked

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Admittedly, I haven't played since Cata. I got burned out on it after playing for what seem liked non stop. With all the hype of the new expansion coming out, my interest in playing was peaked again, but the current state of the retail version didn't really appeal to me. Besides, when I did play it was always on rp servers, so the prospect of a private server dedicated to role play really seemed ideal to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Role playing on WoW was really my first introduction to the concept. I knew of D&D and similar games, but never really got into them. As for rp in WoW, I can go for all types, from the laid back tavern rp style, to quest and dungeon rp, or just open world role playing with large, planned out events. I'm really up for most anything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

That's a tough question, as there are elements to each that I find interesting. If I had to pick just one, I think I'd have to pick Trolls. Trolls are one of the few races whose cultures aren't predisposed to a particular world view (such as nature or light loving, anti-demon, etc), thus allowing a wider variety in role playing styles.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I just hope to find a place that I can enjoy the fun that is role playing in World of Warcraft

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Emphasis on respecting other players is nice. All too often on the retail servers, you find all manner of trolls and grievers, which can ruin the immersion and fun.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I wasn't aware of the program, but it sounds interesting, sign me up!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The paladin leaned up against the ivy covered wall for a moment to catch his breath. The old ruins were higher up than he'd expected and his plate armor didn't help the matter. Not to mention it was mind numbingly hot. As he peered down the road, he could see it ended not far from here and split into two directions. He removed his pack and took out the crudely drawn map he'd be given. He'd been given a task to retrieve rubbings of some old troll tablets. Normally the idea of working for those greedy goblins down in Booty Bay would've repulsed him, but he was up a creek without a paddle and needed the money to get back home. As he studied the map, he was startled by a shout that seemed to come from directly behind the wall he was currently holding up.

Quickly rising to his feet, he spun around and instinctively drew his sword, readying himself for combat. As he looked around, he could hear the distinctive sound of weapons clashing from just over the wall. He moved down the road quickly but cautiously, hoping to find a way through. About half way down, he discovered a portion of the wall that had crumbled and carefully waded over the rubble to the other side, finding himself in a corridor. As he peered south, he discovered the source of the commotion. A warrior stood defiantly, a massive axe in hand, staring down three humongous trolls. The four exchanged blows in the narrow alleyway, the obviously skilled warrior able to repel most of the attacks with ease. With a mighty blow, he separated one from his head, the paladin smirking as he made his way towards the figure. He intended to offer any aide he could, though it did not appear it would be needed. Just then, one of the two remaining Trolls turned and disappeared into a nearby room.
As he clashed with the remaining Troll, the paladin came up behind him just in time to see the previous Troll returning, only this time he was bringing friends with him. Just as the Trolls began to launch their attack, the paladin arrived and began a holy incantation, the ground beginning to glow with righteous light, sending a wave of pain into the attackers as the crossed into the sanctified ground. The warrior delivered the killing blow to his opponent and spun around to address this new threat. Seeing the paladin and giving him a knowing grin, he then turned his attention to the now writhing trolls. Seeing his opportunity, the warrior let loose a howl of rage and began to cut down the remaining trolls as the paladin offered his aide, healing the warrior as he annihilated any who stood in his way.
When all was said and done, the two stood triumphant over a pile of fresh troll corpses, bloodied and bruised, but victorious. Suddenly, the warrior walked over to the paladin and hugged him. The paladin, wide eyed, smirked as he returned the embrace. A new friend had been made that day.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I think everything has been covered!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon wootlegger has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome, Joe!

And yes, a man after my own heart! Ah, the Great rolling mountains of the South; the Smokies, the Charohala, the mighty Dragon...
Picking a tune on a daintily carved dulcimer while drinking tea so sweet, you could stand a spoon in it...

I admit, cars aren't really my thing and rockabilly even less so, but my heart still swells with a certain love for the American South.

Oh, wait, Warcraft? Yes. I must say, an accepting attitude to trolls is a very good sign of an open mind. Despite the name, Conquest of the Horde is a place for characters and players of all sorts, and griefing, trolling and the likes are neither tolerated nor an issue anywhere close to the degree one might see in Retail RP experiences.

OoC anyway; some characters are rather sour folks ICly, but its all in good fun. We all need an antagonist of some sort for our characters!

If you haven't had a chance yet to do so, I strongly advise that you read over the Rules and Policies posted above by Overseer Krotok. With that said, I would also like to direct you to the Account Management page, where you can create your in-game account. Please use the same login information that you have used for the forums. You do not have to submit a character profile in order to begin roleplaying, but if you are waiting for the client to download or want to get a jump on earning your Gruntship, you can get started writing your profile Here.

As for getting settled into the server proper, I would suggest reading Reigen's New Player Guide. It lists useful commands, portal locations, Grunt information and more, all neatly collected in one post. To get connected to the community outside the client, continue browsing the forums and/or take a look at this thread to learn how to join our Skype group.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here or contact any of the GMs and Forum Helpers found Here.