Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: We need to talk about the Horde.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: chairypart3.png]

Spoiler:
A Walk Home
Wherein Zeth'ugram Mok-Gol'rand and friends travel from the village of Sen'jin to the capital, Orgrimmar.
Races of the Horde in general are are encourage to join, but Trolls are particularly sought on the road home!
This event is safe and will focus on arguing, arguing, sitting down, standing up, walking and arguing.
Players are allowed to drop in or out at any time without problem for this stretch - it's Durotar!
The date of this final, victorious march has been postponed!
Keep your ear to the ground for the (likely sudden) beginning!

Rendezvous:Ratchet
Wherein Zeth'ugram Mok-Gol'rand and friends travel from the Great Divide to the port city of Ratchet.
Races of the Horde in general are are encourage to join, of various shapes and sizes! Bring your own rations.
This event is primarily safe and will focus on walking, encountering the friendly locals and arguing!
Players are allowed to drop in or out at any time, though leaving in the middle of the savannah is unwise!
The date of this (hopefully) gentle walk will be taking place on Wednesday (Tenth of December)
Begins around 12:00 PM Server Time and ends when they reach Ratchet, however long that takes.

Survive the South
Wherein Zeth'ugram Mok-Gol'rand travels from the Great Gate to north of the Great Divide. Great!
Races of the Horde in general are invited to join this stretch, though those of faint compositions may not enjoy it!
This event is unsafe and will focus on avoiding warzones, traversing harsh terrain and more arguing!
Players are allowed to drop in or out at any time, though leaving in the middle of the savannah is unwise!
The date of this tumultuous stretch will be taking place on Saturday (Sixth of December)
Begins around 12:00 PM Server Time and ends when they reach the Great Divide, however long that takes.

Calling all Cows
Wherein Zeth'ugram Mok-Gol'rand travels from the city of Thunder Bluff to the Great Gate.
Races of the Old Horde are encouraged to drop in during the trek, but Tauren are desired the most!
This event will be safe and focus on problem solving, discussing, arguing and a bit of camping.
Players are allowed to drop in or out at any time, though the more that stick along the better!
The date of this first, gentle leg of the journey will be taking place on Wednesday (Third of December)
Begins around 1:00 PM Server Time and ends when they reach the Great Gate, however long that takes.

COMPLETE!
Not enough talking.

>: |
It needs more orcs.

Edit: Like way more.
Horde is doing so well. Blood elves scurrying about everywhere. Now -that's- some Horde action!
I agree. I think the Horde needs to spend a few more summers in one of the Alliance's lovely camps until they learn to stop trying to murder everything.
I feel like CotH is often a very passive community. Old Horde RP could be nurtured by some less combat-oriented RP.

Some ideas include:
Troll rituals. They know how to pay tribute
Developing Horde infrastructure.
Healing the Plaguelands the Horde way
Contact the ancestor spirits
train wolves
Old Horde Drum circle
Being involved in the Ormriggar of young orcs
Go digging for old troll relics
try to mend the relationship between the Horde and red dragons
Roleplay in a Horde-run PoW camp
Further relations between the Horde and their new allies in the Taunka
Take pilgrimages to sacred sites of primal runes
Settle disputes between multiple disputing elements
Have a storytelling circle WoWifying tales from cultures relevent to the Horde
Establishing Horde orphanages
Participate in a feast
Create heirloom weapons relevent to the tribe/family/etc.
Round up Kodo
Dive for pearls

Things like that.
Despite my love of tauren, trolls and orcs, I can't really play them anymore. Two years of GW2 Asura/Inquest RP and an awesome Royal Apothecary character have spoiled me with sort-of-evil-and-crazy scientist types, to the point that I end up sounding like them even when I'm trying to portray a savage character.

And healing the Plaguelands "the Horde way" involves blighting them, right? :D
Hey, guys.

It's been over two months since I last touched this. The first few times I left was out of necessity, and I think depending on how you view it, this last one could be qualified that too. Long story short, I was depressed. Horribly, I wasn't driven to suicidal thoughts, but the crushing loneliness is the worst. My job isn't the best, my family is in a rut, and well, I have no friends. I took a break from CotH because I knew I was so attached to WoW, I thought CotH was a problem. Particularly with my roleplay habits, and I'm glad a thread has shined about this.

Before I left the most recent time, I felt really bad and I felt like 'that guy'. I know it's all in your head but I could feel people silently judging me and badgering me for creating such a scene in one of my earlier threads. Day in and day out, I'd log on Mokai or Xaakt or whoever else I had on Horde, and sit around on GM Island waiting for some roleplay. But, mostly sitting around a campfire (As per usual of the server 90% of the time) trying to find some roleplay.

I was always alienated. Roleplaying an orc warlock who was an old cranky man who is about to croak. Something like that would surely push people away, right? I knew that after a while and specifically opted to try and not to roleplay on him because I felt he was a reason I was alienated. I had Xaakt, an orc rogue who was mostly outgoing with his primal rage-infused roots, I had Rolosh, an ancestral young orc who strained to find peace and solitude in everyday life via the ancestors and their meanings, et-cetera et-cetera. I had trolls, too, but I'll get to that later. It wouldn't matter if I did find roleplay or not, I'd always encounter blood elves. I have very strong opinions about blood elves, but I usually attempt to suppress them because the drive for roleplay is excessively high. However, that's the thing. Blood elves. Some people can't really tell the difference between a joke or a middle grounds, because people shot a lot of accusing statements. I say this in mention of Blood elves because usually it's not the player, it's the character. All the time I hear:

"Savage"

"Barbaric"

"Brutal"

"Dumb"

et-cetera.

“Let me give you some advice, bastard: Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
- Tyrion Lannister

And I've lived by that quote for my differences in life and in game, but usually people on this game and in this community don't mean it. However, some characters (and occasionally players) are really thick-skinned. You can only go so far before it starts to crack you down. I thought to myself, 'maybe it's the character', 'maybe it's how I roleplay', 'maybe it's my little group'. In truth, I had no group, and I was treated better with similar characters on Alliance with hardly a change in effort.

Truly, it's stumped me. What's wrong with the Horde on CotH? It can't be the Blood Elves, because despite my judas-esque preaching of 'I hate these frilly pink-skinned little twiggy knife ears that would rather kiss the butt of alliance again rahghahragh' they bring some good elements to the table. But they aren't the Horde.

The Old Horde is radically different from the New Horde, and while I won't openly start a war about characteristics and principles of the New Horde, I am really disappointed as a long time Horde fan on the roleplay and community on h-side CotH. There are hardly any orcs, like @Snuggley said, and a bunch of blood elves scurrying about, like @Vooz said. While CotH is a community built around trying to give each other worthwhile experiences and roleplay, we can never 'fix' or 'talk' about the faction right now. It's something that will never be fixed, and the only problems it has are problems that have existed for years. Realistically, people would rather talk about wanting to see things happen rather than actually do it. I might sound cynical when I say that, but it's true. The only time I saw "horde" forces out in "mass" were the initial events of the Tol Barad RP-PVP d20 kerfunkle and other events all across CotH-Azeroth. I mean true-horde-forces. Troll berserkers, Tauren bluff warriors, Orcish savages/warriors, Tauren Druids, Troll Shadowhunters, etc. In between those events? Elves. Elves everywhere. Elves here, elves there. Elves on the shelf, elves in the cabinet. And I don't mean to sound like a bigot, but elves are everywhere. You can't just be like "it's time to change to represent the Horde" because they do represent it, that doesn't mean they are the TRUE Horde.

And how does the above tie in to all of this? Because while that's true, there are still a bunch of elves. I agree it's an issue, but I disagree that it's an issue to fix and/or talk about. There is nothing the players can do about it, but I do wish there was more orcs. That would solve the crushing loneliness. : (

Edit: I still don't know when I'll be back. however, I have started downloading the torrent again and I'll see if I can establish a good connection to the server.
Well, there's hardly any Horde RP at all and that's not the BElf RPers fault, per say. It's... more complex than tha when it comes to stagnation.
(11-28-2014, 01:00 PM)Aphetoros Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's hardly any Horde RP at all and that's not the BElf RPers fault, per say. It's... more complex than tha when it comes to stagnation.

Everything I said in a TL;DR
[Image: 2QGfz7l.png]

Needs more Horde supporting Belves because screw humans. I shall throw Leron at any militant type ordeal for the Horde.
Don't come crying to humans when the orcs burn your forest down (again), long ears.
[Image: ThPPDBE.png]

Lets destroy Stormwind.
[Image: 3fAt702.png]

˙puᴉʍɯɹoʇS ʎoɹʇsǝp sʇǝ˥
I wouldn't advise anti-Alliance Horde storytelling. People won't buy it and unless you've got a fantastic storyteller at the head of things you won't get very far by projecting aggression. There are exceptions: The Black Harvest is/was one.

Rather, I would focus more on Old Horde culture.

Do a Vision Quest. Immolate the bodies of the dead. Make some sapta. Protect a herd of Kodo from quillboars. Or alternatively, display what the Horde army is doing to fight the evils of the Cataclysm. Maybe they go Dragonhunting for Black Dragons - something I totally and completely want to see. Organized, well-oiled machine-like military hunting dragons with like, harpoons and chains and stuff? Yes, please.

Or maybe they're drawing on the powerfully shamanistic roots of the Old Horde to pacify raging spirits and fight the terrors of the Twilight. Or maybe someone puts forth a PD with a siege on the rebuilt Ahn'Qiraj, similar to the last time when the Might of Kalimdor besieged the death god below.

You've got plenty of stuff to do without antagonizing the Alliance. Yeah, you can disregard what I said and play a bunch of fanatic Garrosh supporters and FITE DE ALLIANCE, but you're gonna end up hated(IC) for it. Why? Because the server simply accepts those who make friends with other characters more easily than those who create barriers in role-play and communication.

So, why not drive the might of the Horde military against the ebils of the Cataclysm? I say, go forth and get to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4