Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My real name is Franz. I am the kind of Player, who likes to immerse himself into the lore of any game he plays. Also i am very creative. I like music and art, and pretty much any form of self-expression. Sometimes I also record songs. And i could see myself recording a song about World of Warcraft one day.
And to sum up this part of my Introduction: I am a calm, nice guy who is looking for people like me... who like to immerse in the lore of WoW.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from a little Village nea Berlin, Germany. I'm not a native english-speaker but I think I know enough to be part of a community, such as this one.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
One day, in the 8th grade, a friend asked me: "Do you play wow?" and I didn't even know what WoW meant, to that day. Then he told me about Private Servers in General and how to change the realmlist and things like that. Soon I played my first Character. A Nightelf Druid called... Schmierkäse. In English, thats "Cream Cheese". So you see, I wasn't always the serious type of gamer, I am today. After a while, Cataclysm came out, but the Server we where on, wasn't updating soon. And after a while I got bored of WoW. And just recently, I started playing WoW again, on a Private Server called Tauri-WoW. But, I didn't like the way they talked to each other: "brb, gotta take a dump and then we tp to Og"

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
After I couldn't stand that abusive language from above, I wanted something different. And after some YouTube videos called "How to RP-Basics" I got REALLY interested in the whole topic. And so I was looking for servers, just to find you guys.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As you know from above, I donÄt have any RP Experience, but I would say I prefer the calm style. Talking and interacting with people, not fighting and adventure. I could see myself as Bartender, Merchant or even a average Joe.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race are clearly the Trolls. They are the Jamaicans of WoW. And I am really into the whole Rasta-Thing. I like to listen to Reggae, Ska and Rocksteady. I love tribal music, too. I like their accent and their Style (I have Dreadlocks myself). And so i was into trolls, the minute I heard them talking, mon.
About my favourite class: I would say, I like the Hunter. I love animals, and I like the traits you have, as a hunter. You can live o your own. Hunt your own food. I look at the Hunter in a more realistic way. Less arcane-shot and more reading tracks.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I can't really tell. Because, I don't know what to expect from any RP server in general. I am new to this whole RP-Thing and I made this server my first choice. So this server will MAKE my expectations for the future.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the idea of keeping the tone to a PG-13 level. Just because, swearing and over-sexualizing isn't really a reason for me to look for a server like this.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to add one thing: Lok'tar Ogar
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Rastassine has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello, Rastassine!

Here at Orgrimmar's census bureau, our talented scribes have been working one-and-one-quarter time, on the clock, to process your introduction. All your documents seem to be in order and our council of shamans have said to me with full confidence that there is no trace of dark magic of voodoo on your person, so...

Welcome to CotH!

Look below for a handy dandy copy-pasty of helpful tidbits! It should speed things up once you're out of the introductory forum. It's a scary world out here!

Here'sCotH's rules!
ACotH's policies!
BigA link to the version of WoW we use at CotH!
Bunch You've gotta go here to register your in-game account!
OfA bunch of handy guides on all kinds of stuff!
Links A huge resource for making characters!

In-game you can /join chat and /join barrens to get into our universal chat channels, though LookingForGroup is joined by default.

We also have a Skype group which can be fairly critical in finding RP at times when people aren't actually ingame - to check it out, see here!

Oh, also - don't be afraid to ask anybody with an orange, green or purple name for help if you need it - I'm always open to questions!

Quote:My real name is Franz

Hehe, I've started reading Kafka so this a neat coincidence. I can speak for the community in that most of us also love to immerse in the lore - any lore, no doubt - here! I know that I in particular drag myself through lots and lots of quest text for the smallest tidbits of information on Warcraft's setting.

Quote:As you know from above, I donÄt have any RP Experience, but I would say I prefer the calm style. Talking and interacting with people, not fighting and adventure. I could see myself as Bartender, Merchant or even a average Joe.

I can only speak for myself, here, but this is my favorite type of RP as well. Lowering yourself to a little slice of the world and immersing yourself in it is great because not only does it give everything a much more lifelike tone (to me, anyhow), it also drags out lots of detail in things players would otherwise ignore because of the scope and scale of the world. I'm sure you could find just as much (if not more) value and interest a single town in WoW's world than a big raid, provided you give it a chance and hang around long enough! Expanding the world through little things has always been my passion on Conquest of the Horde, so I'd be glad to RP with your merchant / average joe!

Quote:My favourite race are clearly the Trolls. They are the Jamaicans of WoW. And I am really into the whole Rasta-Thing. I like to listen to Reggae, Ska and Rocksteady. I love tribal music, too. I like their accent and their Style (I have Dreadlocks myself). And so i was into trolls, the minute I heard them talking, mon.

Okay, well, this is just plain great. Trolls are one of the three best races (the others obviously being Orcs and Tauren) in WoW, and have some of the biggest untapped potential out there. It's always great to see a player who's into the traditional Horde races, since they're chronically less played than others - every little bit helps! It especially helps that you seem to be a Troll in real life, too. Eehehe. I like Ska, too.

Quote:About my favourite class: I would say, I like the Hunter. I love animals, and I like the traits you have, as a hunter. You can live o your own. Hunt your own food. I look at the Hunter in a more realistic way. Less arcane-shot and more reading tracks.

I said before that I liked low-key things, and this is no exception - the idea of taking a concept and making it more simple never hurts in my mind, and hunters were always my favorite class.

Quote:I can't really tell. Because, I don't know what to expect from any RP server in general. I am new to this whole RP-Thing and I made this server my first choice. So this server will MAKE my expectations for the future.

Well, I can certainly say I'm glad you picked CotH! There are a few other servers floating around, and they cater to different crowds, but I'd say Conquest of the Horde is the most serious when it comes to the actual role-play part of RP. Many others fill their servers with tons of extra stuff that doesn't really matter, or focus on PvP strength and gear level in RP situations.

Quote:I would like to add one thing: Lok'tar Ogar

L o k ' T a r     O g a r !