Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Pit Lord CMC, [Profile], [Model]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Character Full Name: Grukog

Character In-Game Name: Grukog

Nickname: The Bloody

Association(s): The Burning Legion, Cult of the Burning Legion

Race: Annihilan

Class: Warrior

Sex: Male

Hair: Fel Fire Green, mane formed from rolling fire

Eyes: Fel Green

Weight: 18,872 LBS.

Height: Scale .6

Abilities:
Doom Stomp-Sends out a lightning shockwave that targets all who fail to defend.

Sweeping Cleave- The caster swings his blade attacking multiple assailants in front of the caster.

Tail Sweep- Whips multiple targets behind the caster knocking them backwards.

Carrion Swarm- Flapping of the wings, unleashing a wave of shadow which deals shadow damage, knocking back enemies and interrupting spell casting.

Teleport- Instantly transports the caster from combat to an anchored location.

Death Throes- The full releasing of demonic energy in the final moments of true death, all who fail to defend face heavy damage and in some cases even death has occurred.

Usual Garments/Armor: Scale mail armor with heavy plating over various body parts. Grukog’s body is covered in a thick armor like hide that requires him to wear little to no armor in combat.

Other: Grukog carries the famed staff that most all Annihilan favor. To most it resembles a glaive wreathed in fire.

Personality: Grukog is a vile wretched beast, his tastes include torture, dismemberment, and slaughter on a grand scale. He revels in the fact that he is able to instill true fear into his prey before devouring their life force with his demonic prowess. He is still maturing so he is prone to making amateur mistakes in the area where tactics are concerned; he usually leaves the planning up to those with a more vicious mind for such things, though if things do not go his way they are the first that he visits upon with his wrath.

Grukog is quick to rage when trying to prove himself among the Burning Legion, he feels he must secure a foothold to honor those who came before him and those who are weaker then he will fall to his might. He holds no fealty to either Demon or Mortal, he will slaughter any who stand in his path of obtaining an Overlord position within the Legions ranks in the Twisting Nether. When faced with death Grukog as most of his kind do welcomes it with open arms, he values a good death and enjoys the invitation to war. The creature fully embraces his life as a machine of destruction allowed to join the Legion for the sole purpose of conquering all who stand it the Legions path.

History:

Grukog was formed from some of the purest of hatreds within the Twisting Nether long ago. His brutal birthing and growth through combat forged him into the death machine that rages across the Nether currently. After Archimode granted the Annihilan membership into the Burning Legion Grukog still in his youth among his kind was forced to remain behind as one of the few to watch over the Legion Stronghold and his own devices, he grew bitter in his solitude from war and took too random slaughter and destruction among some of the smaller fiends within the universe beyond. Once the Legion was driven back from Azeroth Grukog took the chance to secure a small force behind him in hopes of gaining favor with those of more consequence within the Legion itself. His eyes set firmly on obtaining an Overlord position in order to bring himself great honor so that one day his name may be remembered among the likes of Mannaroth, and Azgalor. Forming new alliances within the Burning Legion including that of a crafty Nethrizem he swore to bring a great victory to his Demon King Azgalor.

With his small force readied behind him he first took his slaughter to Outlands where he encountered a rival faction of Demons that had abandoned the Legion, led by a vile Doomguard these Renegade Demons proved to be worthy foes. The Doomguard also looking to make a name among the demonic hordes began slaughtering Legion forces by the droves. It wasn’t until Grukog heeded the advice of a Nethrizem that he was able to draw the Doomguard and his forces into a final conflict near the great Volcano at the center of Shadowmoon. Grukog let his fury be known among the Legion that day as he tore through the ranks of the rival Doomguard and the coven that appeared to worship him. It was only after killing the traitorous beast that Grukog had discovered the creature had chosen to abandon the Legion for the vile Illidan Stormrage and his Illidari.

With this new information more traitors began to surface, Grukog began to wage what war he could in the name of the Legion but he was not the only one who sought to destroy Illidan’s forces. Both the Alliance and Horde took to the war as they tore their way through the Portal into Outlands. The Pit Lord now fought a three sided war against the Illidari, the Alliance, and the Horde.

The gateway was now open and Grukog sought to vanquish his lesser foes first thus he ripped into Azeroth slaughtering his way through the Blasted Lands. His forces met their match in the Alliance as they neared their outlining borders; he was met by a powerful Magus and a well-trained retinue of ruthless Alliance Paladins. Together the Magus and his Paladins banished Grukog from Azeroth along with his Demonic forces. A great many lives were claimed that day and the field was soaked in the blood of the dead earning the young Pit Lord his title among the mortals, Grukog “The Bloody” they called him as their scribes scratched his name in ink.

Nearly a decade had passed by in the realm of mortals but to Grukog it felt like an eternity within the Stronghold of the Nether. The vicious beast allowed his rage to fester into something more, something unique. Having once more reached out to the Nethrizem for their cunning minds Grukog began to plan and plot his revenge against those who sent him asunder from his rightful victory. With hate in his breast the Pit Lord once again amassed his slaughtering horde of fiends and loosed himself upon the cosmos and Outlands. Though he knew this time the war against his mortal foes would not be one that he could win on sheer brute prowess, not yet anyways. Heeding the council advice of his allies in the Nethrizem Grukog appointed loyal Fel Sworn to serve as his direct link to Azeroth. With a fevered pace they would serve their Master well gathering what he needed to be summoned once more into the plane of the living.

With the forces in Outlands thinning due to the recent combat in Northrend against Arthas the Lich King and the return of Death Wing Grukog saw an opportunity to slip back into the newly shattered world of Azeroth and claim his place among the greatest Legion names to have ever conquered. Having succeeded in gathering his followers he sent his Fel Sworn emissaries from the stronghold in Shadowmoon to Azeroth where they made land fall in Descolace, Deadwind, and Duskwood. From there they have spread like a wild fire among the underworld gathering those loyal to the Legion and the Calling. Leaving behind sigils that whisper to those loyal to the Legion telling them that their great chance to serve is coming and their destiny is finally at hand.

Grukog now makes ready to finish off his rival Brethren who turned their back on the Legion and those who would claim his glory for their own. With his forces rallied and the time of the Cataclysm at hand the Pit Lord surges forth to wage his battle against those unsuspecting. His Fel Sworn summon both him and his forces from the great Nether and together Grukog seeks his vengeance bringing battle to Azeroth once again. The Pit Lord will stop at nothing to see the world bathed in the fires of death and war.

Race of character/NPC: Annihilan (OOC Demon), [Orc]

Class of character/NPC: Warrior, [Warrior]

Name of character/NPC: Grukog

Exact model ID: 19715

Duration that character will be used: Temporary

Location the character/NPC: Outlands, Key sites of The Burning Legion, Azeroth

Level requested: 85

Any special equipment needed: Burning Legion Glaive

Reason: To raise some bad guy hell with my demonic biceps!

Having a hard time with his History, wanted to move it along good as though I were speaking to y'all but I feel it needs more girth personally so if his History is an issue I agree. Also I'm having a hard time just "making" stuff up for his History as I feel I've little to go on with their society etc. I researched a lot of Barbarian and Viking societies and how they carry themselves within it as I feel the love of bloodshed and war would tie them all together in some way. I've found similarities that I could twist into forming a society for the Annihilan but without over stepping bounds and wading into Custom Lore areas I did the best I could with his History lol.
Few things; I'm not gonna get to the history and personality in depth yet, only ask that they be spaced out so it's easier to read. At the beginning, his class would probably be a Warrior, from the sound of how melee-oriented he is. See, Pit Lord is the Common saying of his race, not exactly a class. For his height, we need the scale you intend to use with his model.

On to spells and abilities. I'm okay with most everything, other than rebirth. Returning life to a character isn't something we see fel do, other than soulstones. And from the description of the spell, I don't think it's soulstone-enabled, and that's personally a no-go. As for the teleport, are you referencing the Demonic Circle spell that Warlocks have? If so, it's good with me.

Lastly, CMC application! I'm fairly sure that he would be temporary, with his lifespan dictated by how long the storyline with him goes. Other than that, I think you're good. Also, I'd ask to see if you can't get the Pit-lord glaive added under special equipment. I just checked and, if we're thinking of the same glaive, it's not on the vendor.
Thanks for the fast read FS! lol This is part of the paragraph I got from the Wiki on them when I was picking his abilities etc.

"Pit lords wade right into battle; the more opponents the better. If the pit lord has a chance to prepare, or if facing a great many opponents, it casts haste on itself. Against large numbers of enemies to all sides a pit lord uses its doom stomp, sweeping cleave, and tail sweep abilities to thin them out. Once the pit lord can focus things down to just a few melee opponents, the pit lord begins full attack actions. Only after being slain and rising again with its rebirth ability does a pit lord really summon other demons and use its spell-like abilities. Pit lords usually summon one infernal, but when facing many weaker opponents the pit lord summons several fel stalkers instead. Pit lords favor their demonic doom, carrion swarm, shockwave, and earthquake spell-like abilities. Ultimately, a pit lord is no fool. When facing defeat, a pit lord uses teleport without error to escape the fight. If retreat is not possible, the pit lord goes out with full attack actions and centers himself as best he can for his death throes to hopefully take many of his enemies with him.[1]"

Which is why I added the Rebirth and Teleport factors in there. But if it's an issue I honestly don't need them lol. Just thought they were sweet sounding and it would be horrifying to fight a boss down to the nitty gritty only to have him stand once more at the end lmfao!

I will space as you've stated and as I said I welcome any advice or changes to the History as I won't lie I had issues solidifying it in my own eyes.
Okay, I edited the post, and added some meat to his History. My previous History was lacking in my honest opinion and I'd like to do this justice. So I added a (round about) age for him. Updated his weight, height. Edited his CMC request form. I will be launching phase 2 of my posts today and I think they will fit better with his new History etc. Once again thank you all for your help in this.
Roger that! I created it for you and will PM you the details. Are you fine with moving this to the Active subforum? Or would you rather wait until he makes an appearence?
I'd like to wait until I reveal him if we could please Lox :) making the Guild post currently. I will debut him there.

I won't let y'all down.
Okidoki. Just make another post here once you're good to move him to the Active subforum. :)
He's active Lox, <3 thanks to everyone for their help, trust, and patience with me. :)
Right'o. Moving this into Active. :)