Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arukard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there, I am a 20 years old male. I have went through a difficult childhood(which I wont be describing here) before I gained my first PC. I immediately took the bait of virtual world and began playing all sort of PC games(torrents ftw). Which made my already then low social life move into plains of non-existence. And I am more or less still in the same position.
I myself am a very neurotic person, more of "that guy that is just weird". My social skills are obviously lacking so I tend to be very direct and honest, which, in combination of my sarcastic nature often comes out badly, so I try to avoid people.
In guilds I was mostly the "elite" guy. The one that gets shit done. The tank that leads the raids. The one that people come for advises. And I like that position.
Since last year I started preparing for the FFL, it involved a lot of workouts and considering I was bored with WoW I looked for some other way to kill time while regenerating. I finished most of the good single player RPGs and wanted more of that. So I figured, whats better way than live your own story. And so I came to RP. I already had GW2 bought, so I joined a RP server and began working on my character (bio below).
Sadly I joined a military guild, and the structure of it did not fulfill me as much as I wanted, but I like the people so I stayed until IC circumstances forced my character to leave. I tried getting into more RP but the quality RP was sparse and the main hubs were mostly filled with power players. So I quit.
And now I am here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Ukraine and moved to Czech Republic at age of 6. At age of 14 I got my first computer and emerged myself into online world, which made me learn English rather quickly. Currently I am capable of fluent English and Czech, while still able to hold conversation in Russian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I didn't have a PC, I often heard people around me talk about this mythical World of Warcraft. I didn't pay much attention because I was really into books back then.
Then I went into a net cafe with a friend and he showed me this game. I remember that I started as a blood elf female paladin, and it was magical. So as soon as I received my PC, I looked for the way to play WoW, borrowed CDs from a classmate and started.
Since then I have read several Warcarft books, played W3 and loved the Warcraft universe immensely.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looking for a private WoW RP server and after registering here and looking through forums, I fancy how the RP is taken seriously here.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
I want to do long story lines, adventures and deep drama. I am not into standing around the tavern and just chatting. I need something to be happening. Epic fights, mysteries, serious romance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hopefully I will be able to play a Human Death Knight (I am not sure how the factions work here, its called Conquest of the HORDE for some reason, right?)
Humans fit me the most from alliance classes, I like that you can make add almost any personality to them and it still fits.
As for Death Knight, I would like to RP the internal turmoil of someone who was turned into a ruthless killing machine against their will and the nature of their class grants a lot of unique opportunities for RP.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am expecting a lot of good RPers. After RPing in GW2, where you could walk into a bar and be assaulted by an immortal player that magically blocks everything...I would really appreciate the players respecting each other.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them are legit. But I really like that no Godmoding and correct lore knowledge is actual rule.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

No, I don't think I require a mentor :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hehehe...*cracks knuckles* I am going to throw in my old GW2 character bio. I will be basing my character here off him, if I get green lighted.
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/for...-berserker

The Lakeshire tavern was booming with noise of fishermen celebrating their lucky day.The ale was flowing, music played and the smell of fried fish was delicious.
A young maiden serving in the tavern moved playfully to the table in the furthest corner of the room. She placed a plate with fried fish and a mug of ale in front of a cowled man.
"Here is your order~" she smiled happily at the man.
He turned his head towards her and managed to summon a faint smile on his pale face. But she was already gone. The maiden moved to another table and was already being harassed by a group of drunkards.
Arukard bit into his food and chewed. He pondered if his human needs like sleep, food and drink mean that he might be cured of this curse put on him.
His pondering was interrupted by the screams of the maiden and laughter of the drunkards. They overstepped their boundaries and were now forcefully holding the maiden, dragging her towards the stairs to the rooms in the upper floor.
Arukard looked around if anyone is going to stop them. He noticed the nervous looks into their direction, but it seemed that nobody dared to step up against these hulking drunkards.
He sighed and stood up, holding the cloak so it covers the rune blade on his back, head tilted low so that no one sees his faintly glowing blue eyes. He began to make his way towards the captive girl.
"What is this..." he spoke with a calm gravelly voice towards the three drunk men.
"Oi, let us have our fun, wanker!" spits in his face the largest of the males.
Arukard stands for a moment, not saying anything, trying to fight the urge to cause massacre in the middle of the tavern. He then decides to go for a more diplomatic solution. He kicks the men into the side of the knee, and as he goes down he lands an uppercut on his chin, knocking him out instantly.
"What the-" lets out one of the drunkards left standing. They started at their unconscious companion and let the girl go. She quickly moved to hide behind Arukard.
He clears off the spit from his face with his glove and speaks again.
"Don't try anything like this again, or I will find you, and you will enter a world of pain." he turns to the girl to see if she is fine.
"Are you-" a tip of the blade emerges from his chest. The girl screams. The music stops playing. The tavern falls into silence.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am from EU, so I hope most of the population is not US as it would mean that I basically cant RP :/
Also, I would like to know how RP works among factions, I am currently writing a bio on Human but if RP activity at Horde side is overwhelmingly larger...
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Arukard has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Arukard, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:(I am not sure how the factions work here, its called Conquest of the HORDE for some reason, right?)

It's called Conquest of the Horde because the Horde conquers everything! And because Orcs are cool. Actually, all factions are played here just don't trash talk Orcs or Kretol will unleash his wrath.

And sadly (but maybe not sadly for you since you want to play a Human), RP tends to be heavier in Alliance races, although there's a lot of Blood Elf RP. So you should be fine there.

As for the population, I'd say it's like... I dunno, 2/3 US 1/3 everyone else, but there are still enough European players for you to be able to organize RP with them, and those who run a lot of events like to schedule them at a time that's decent for both US and Euro timezones, or do repeat events.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo