Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Announcement of My Arrival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I bid you greetings. I am very impressed indeed with that which has been created here, and hope to become a part of this role-playing community if I am found worthy to do so.

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Most certainly. The alternative would be exceedingly foolish.

2. How did you hear about us?
In two words, google search.

3. How did you get into RP?
I have been an avid Dungeons and Dragons player for five years now, and a forum roleplayer for four. I write fan fiction regularly, and I am enthralled with the entire idea of being immersed in a universe. It is a combination of these factors that led me to in-game roleplay, beginning with a small circle of friends in a forgotten corner of a Blizzard-sanctioned roleplay server and spreading to a variety of private servers, most of which proved entirely worthless due to the attitudes of the other players.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
I played Warcraft 2 against my cousins when I was younger, as well as Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne when they were released. Eventually I received a free trial from a friend who played World of Warcraft, and found that there were many good things about the game. To my chagrin, however, I also discovered that the programmed gameplay is hardly story-driven. I began to roleplay to make up for this lack of what I regard as the most important feature of any game.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
Difficult to say. I find the Forsaken fascinating, a race kept alive half by sinister magic and half by seething, vengeful hatred, but they are enough unlike me that I have difficulty relating to them. I sympathize with Humans and Orcs alike, two races that have suffered greatly at the hands of circumstances beyond their control and still kept fighting toward the ultimate goal of peace, however temporary. Ultimately, however, I believe that my greatest interest lies with the canny Trolls, feral descendants of a now shattered empire that once covered much of the world and the ultimate fulfillment of the idea of "survive and adapt". Among them I find the Shadow Priests particularly fascinating; drawing on millenia of practice in dark rituals half linked to the creatures of the world and half to those beyond it, these spellcasters harm and heal alike, causing their foes to be dragged into the deepest, blackest pits of the multiverse with sufficient power.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
Characters with ties to the world, usually in the form of both faction and family affiliations, however small, make me feel far more immersed in the game during roleplay. I rarely, if ever, play Lone Wolves; these characters tend to make things difficult for other players. Instead, my characters tend to be devoted to the ideals driving their factions, sometimes going against their superiors if the fundamental principle holding the coalition to which they belong together would be better served through disobedience. They tend to be zealous, willing to use whatever methods are necessary, and far more potent when paired with others than when alone.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
I have always leaned toward the action sequences: battles, missions undertaken for the glory of one faction or another, midnight rescues, assassinations, thefts, bodyguard duty, and the like. I find that some of the best roleplay happens under duress, when good roleplayers begin to think like their characters in order to solve problems and survive to see another day. That's not to say I have any problem with slower-paced, more explorative roleplay; on the contrary, such roleplay is quite necessary to give the fast-paced bits meaning and context, without which it is worthless and uninteresting.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
As previously stated, I write fan fiction and roleplay on forums. I also read a great deal. I paint and play Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000. I game a lot more than I should( DnD and computer, as well as my antiquated N64), I ski, and I do homework (my favorite).

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
Deep within the forsaken wastes of Northrend, in a place so consumed by the elements Arthas himself cannot touch it, lies the state of Utah, USA. A desert baked by heat in the summer and frozen and wind-whipped in the chilling winter, few manage to survive in this place for long. We speak English here... sort of.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Without doubt or hesitation, I hereby swear to follow the rules, policies, and any GM commands forevermore.
Pandorym Wrote:Deep within the forsaken wastes of Northrend, in a place so consumed by the elements Arthas himself cannot touch it, lies the state of Utah, USA. A desert baked by heat in the summer and frozen and wind-whipped in the chilling winter, few manage to survive in this place for long. We speak English here... sort of.

You are truly within the Lich King's realm! My condolences.

Moving to archives, welcome.