Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thaddion's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi, I am a 19 year old guy. I first got my PC during my teenage years, which I cannot remember. My first favorite game was Warcraft 1, then the rest of the Original Warcraft games (Not when they were first released. xD). Eventually I began to like the Half-Life game series, then World of Warcraft a few years later (During Late-BC). Eventually I began to learn how to RP during WotLK. I began to read lore which really tuned me into WoW itself, as it has great lore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the United States in Arizona. At the age of 3, my family and I moved to Texas. My primary language is English of course.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I did state my favorite game(s) to be the Warcraft games. Anyways, I don't exactly remember how I got the original games, but I only know how I got WoW itself. So during the years of Gaming, I always went on YouTube to check out some gaming videos, but kept finding WoW gameplays, which made me try it out, eventually I was addicted to it (Not too seriously.). So I eventually learned of Roleplaying, which I heard that lore-reading was required. Eventually I read 20 pages of lore which I thought was enough. So then I was able to become a decent roleplayer.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As a roleplayer, I eventually began to run out of money paying for Live, so I quit. Then I learned of torrenting, a legit free way to get WoW, for free of course. So after a couple of years of playing on RP servers, the servers eventually began to shut down. During last year, I was on Divinity-X, an All-GM RP Private Server. Due to it's recent take-down, I began to search for more, when all of the current ones were pretty decent, I came to this one.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
Any kind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Paladin. Not to offend anyone else on the website since the name, I find Humans to have really honorable and good lore, same with Paladins. Also a reason why i'm Lordaeron-Crazed.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have RPers that use proper grammar while RPing that put periods.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them are cool. Correct Lore-Knowledge is a good solution.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Nah.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The Southshore Inn was short of people even though the time wasn't that late. The bar where Thaddion was sitting, wasting himself after hearing the love of his life was beheaded by Alliance agents. Next to him was a soldier in a Stormwind Tabard.
"Oi, you. You alright?"
Thaddion turned to the soldier.
"Not really. My uh... friend was killed by some hired adventurers."
The soldier patted his back.
"How unfortunate, I was transferred from Stormwind to this place, then that Redpath tasked me to take care of them Murlocs that crawled around here."
Thaddion let out a short chuckle.
"Murlocs aren't so bad, too lazy to do your job?"
The soldier grunted.
"I'm not really gonna respond to that, but i've already hired someone to take care of them."
Thaddion held out his hand.
"Name's Thaddion Marden Hartford. Your's?"
The soldier shook it.
"Lieutenant Farren Orinelle, was trained by Major Samuelson, the Captain of the Stormwind Guard."
Thaddion replied, "Ah. Nice to meet a soldier from Stormwind. Apparently your kingdom is the Capital City now."
The Lieutenant chuckled, "Indeed it is, I'm going to assume that you're from Lordaeron?"
Thaddion sighed, "Yeah, though our kingdom is gone now, or at least, taken over by the Forsaken."
The lieutenant nodded, "Yeah, they're also a threat around these parts."
Thaddion just finished his Lordaeron Lambic.
"Yep. Well, it's time for my afternoon patrol duty."
The lieutenant nodded, "Good luck. And hey, nice to meet you."
Thaddion laughed.
"Mhm, well i'm off."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Are there Alliance RPs on this server? And where do they commonly take place? One more question, does this server use the new WoD models?
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Thaddion has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Thaddion, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:Are there Alliance RPs on this server? And where do they commonly take place?

There tends to be more Alliance RP than Horde RP (although neutral remains the most popular), so I think you're solid there. I'd have to say it happens all over, but it depends on the characters and players involved. A lot of times it's Goldshire, other times it's Westfall or Duskwood. It really depends.

Quote:One more question, does this server use the new WoD models?

Nah, unfortunately not.

Quote:During last year, I was on Divinity-X, an All-GM RP Private Server. Due to it's recent take-down, I began to search for more, when all of the current ones were pretty decent, I came to this one.

I was curious about that server and was interested in trying it out a while back and told myself I'd eventually get to it (and I never did of course), so I'm sad to see it went down. What happened there?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
(01-03-2015, 09:18 PM)Geoni Wrote: [ -> ][align=center] [size=large]
Quote:During last year, I was on Divinity-X, an All-GM RP Private Server. Due to it's recent take-down, I began to search for more, when all of the current ones were pretty decent, I came to this one.

I was curious about that server and was interested in trying it out a while back and told myself I'd eventually get to it (and I never did of course), so I'm sad to see it went down. What happened there?

~Geo

Well apparently, the players wouldn't quit bugging the admins about WoD stuff, so one admin added WoD content that was never actually put on the server yet. Eventually the staff got a notice by a Blizzard employee. They thought it was a joke, so Blizzard whined about it and took down the server a few days later. A lot of guilds like, <THE END IS NEAR> or <RIP DIVINITYX> came up. A few months later, I noticed that the wiki was ruined completely. Eventually the website was shutdown and every other resource. I made a video about my project on the server. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiGfjpNJ...0FK-EiqMFA